Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 12:39 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,901,949 times

Advertisements

Why are the troops still there? For what? So they can vote? Iraq was better with Hussein in charge. Our troops are dying for what? Can someone please give me reasons to change my mind? BTW, when did Obama say he was going to end that mess?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 12:56 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,192,458 times
I found it ironic that in the news yesterday Tariq Aziz, AKA "Baghdad Bob", who is in prison in Iraq has said that we need to stay in Iraq. He says that Obama is "leaving Iraq to the wolves" by leaving...

Old 08-07-2010, 12:59 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
No one knows...its a highly classified secret

Old 08-07-2010, 01:10 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
What the American people need to do is demand from Congress an explanation as to why we are borrowing and spending tax payer dollars that are not even there, on Iraq, Afghanistan, etc when our country is broke. Take it to the voting booth.

Both sides talk fiscal responsibility - I don't see it.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:19 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,110,162 times
You guys are aware that Taliban ruled Afghanistan sheltered the people who attacked us on 9/11/2001 right?

Americans have turned into such ******* and babies. God help us if we ever have to fight a major war where entire battalions are wiped out in a single day's fighting. We should be thankful the casaulty counts are negligible compared to what they would be in a war against a nation that possesses actual armed forces. Iraq and Afghanistan are training exercises compared to what will happen when we eventually have to fight the Chinese.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:23 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,524,514 times
Why are the troops still there?
To ensure that the people of Iraq have a say in their
way of life.

For what?
Because every human deserves this.

So they can vote?
Yes

Iraq was better with Hussein in charge.
I'm sure there are quite a few families
in Iraq that might disagree on this one.

Can someone please give me reasons to change my mind?
Do some reading on what Hussein and his sons were
like and how they treated the people of Iraq I'm sure
you'll figure it out if that does not work hop a flight
and see for yourself.

BTW, when did Obama say he was going to end that mess?
He's waiting on instructions from his boss George Soros
but until then you can find out about the master plan
by clicking on the link provided and remember while your
reading this to think about how far they have come.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i....asp?indid=977

Old 08-07-2010, 01:24 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
What the American people need to do is demand from Congress an explanation as to why we are borrowing and spending tax payer dollars that are not even there, on Iraq, Afghanistan, etc when our country is broke. Take it to the voting booth.

Both sides talk fiscal responsibility - I don't see it.
You got it...re-elect no one...taxpayer funded term limits!

Old 08-07-2010, 01:28 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,287 times
We probably should leave Iraq. I think we need to stay in Afghanistan as long as necessary.

We need to stay until every single Taliban is killed, disabled, or gives up.

Why? Because the Taliban sheltered and helped the Saudis who attacked us on 9/11.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:39 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,242,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
You guys are aware that Taliban ruled Afghanistan sheltered the people who attacked us on 9/11/2001 right?

Americans have turned into such ******* and babies. God help us if we ever have to fight a major war where entire battalions are wiped out in a single day's fighting. We should be thankful the casaulty counts are negligible compared to what they would be in a war against a nation that possesses actual armed forces. Iraq and Afghanistan are training exercises compared to what will happen when we eventually have to fight the Chinese.
So we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq and we're still in both places because of 9/11 (almost 10 years ago)? Check out the nationalities of the hijackers:

Hijackers, American Airlines Flight 11: Mohamed Atta (Egyptian), Waleed al-Shehri (Saudi Arabian), Wail al-Shehri (Saudi Arabian), Abdulaziz al-Omari (Saudi Arabian), Satam al-Suqami (Saudi Arabian).

Hijackers United Airlines Flight 75: Marwan al-Shehhi (United Arab Emirates), Fayez Banihammad (United Arab Emirates), Mohand al-Shehri (Saudi Arabian), Hamza al-Ghamdi (Saudi Arabian), Ahmed al-Ghamdi (Saudi)

Hijackers American Airlines Flight 77: Hani Hanjour (Saudi Arabian), Khalid al-Mihdhar (Saudi Arabian), Majed Moqed (Saudi Arabian), Nawaf al-Hazmi (Saudi Arabian), Salem al-Hazmi (Saudi Arabian)

Hijackers United Flight 93: Ziad Jarrah (Lebanese), Ahmed al-Haznawi (Saudi Arabian), Ahmed al-Nami (Saudi Arabian), Saeed al-Ghamdi (Saudi Arabian)
Hijackers in the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think its obvious to everyone by now that the American government is owned by the Military-Industrial Complex, which insists that we continue to bankrupt our Country with endless, unwinnable skirmishes with fanatics on their native soil. We could have learned from Korea, or Viet Nam, but the active citizenry of the 1960s and 1970s somehow was transformed into the masses of sheeple who meekly accept a constantly-revised list of different war justifications (weapons of mass destruction, liberating the Iraqi people, 9/11, fight terrorists there or they'll come here, etc.).

As to fighting the Chinese, now that we are $13 trillion in debt (adding another trillion and a half each year), do we have anything left to wage WWIII with the Country that supplies EVERYTHING in our stores and is the #1 (or #2 now that they stopped funding the scam to monetize the debt) holder of US debt securities?

I doubt China wants to invade us, when they bought us and now realize we're so badly managed as a nation that we're not even worth keeping.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:45 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Why are the troops still there? For what? So they can vote? Iraq was better with Hussein in charge. Our troops are dying for what? Can someone please give me reasons to change my mind? BTW, when did Obama say he was going to end that mess?

Approved executions, acts of torture and rape.
Public beheadings of women who were accuse of prostitution and took place in front of family members including children. The heads of the women were publicly displayed near signs reading 'For the honor of Iraq.' 130 women were reportedly killed in this manner, but the estimation is probably higher.
Children (reported as young as 5) were subjected to military training which included cruelty to animals. If the parents objected they were executed and the children imprisoned.
The Iraq citizens were restricted from voting and 8% of members of Arab Ba' ath Party could vote leaving the citizens unable to vote in another government.
The Iraq citizens were not allowed to assemble unless it was to express support for their government. The Iraqi government controlled the establishment of political parties regulated by internal affairs which monitored their activities.
Check points prevented citizens from traveling abroad without government permission (expensive). They had to post collateral and Iraqi women could not travel without a male companion.
Halabja poison gas attack occurred March 15 - 19, 1988 and Hussein began his extermination against the Kurdish people living in Northern Iraq. There were at least 50,000 - 100,000 people killed, many were women and children.
Experimentation's of different gases on civilians.

ANd that's just a tiny part of what a monster this man was. His family was pretty bad, too. I guess the soccer players were better off with his brother (in charge of youth sports) who imprisoned them and/or tortured them when they lost games.

WikiAnswers - What human rights abuses did Saddam Hussein commit

How can you defend a man who condones rape and murder? That's just sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies