Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:57 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Saw View Post
Shouldn't we be more concerned about 10-10-10 or 11-11-11 since they come before 12-12-12? Sheesh.
Holy Crapoly! You're right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 12:01 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Maybe,on that day, we might find out just what happened to the Mayans, who aren't around to explain this to us?

Old 08-09-2010, 12:05 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
It's the end of one world...out of untold billions of possibilities. I see it as a change in consciousness. If you aren't conscious of the change (actually, the OPPORTUNITY) then you won't perceive anything and you'll continue in the same cycle for the next approximately 225 million years or more. Forget about ever finding out the Truth because you'll be stuck making the same mistakes and regret not having made the leap to a higher state of being. Your disbelief about the importance of these times is induced by entities that want you to remain stuck here for their benefit. Think of humans being experimented on just like we experiment on animals. Same thing.

Now, you were probably OK with me up until these last sentences. Believe me, reality is a state of mind and you can hardly imagine how many states of mind there can be. Continue to think that this is all a stupid hoax and weep at the prospect of remaining in this victim/victimizer consciousness for a long, long time. OR wake up and realize that you are indeed a god inhabiting a physical body on a quarantined world where the Truth is kept at a distance. As always, it's your choice.
I agree with everything here except the bit about entities wanting us to stay in this lower state of consciousness. I think the only entities that want to stay this way are ourselves, because it's the old pattern, it's what we're used to. But if we can embrace change we can have a much freer reality.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:48 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
It's the end of one world...out of untold billions of possibilities. I see it as a change in consciousness. If you aren't conscious of the change (actually, the OPPORTUNITY) then you won't perceive anything and you'll continue in the same cycle for the next approximately 225 million years or more. Forget about ever finding out the Truth because you'll be stuck making the same mistakes and regret not having made the leap to a higher state of being. Your disbelief about the importance of these times is induced by entities that want you to remain stuck here for their benefit. Think of humans being experimented on just like we experiment on animals. Same thing.

Now, you were probably OK with me up until these last sentences. Believe me, reality is a state of mind and you can hardly imagine how many states of mind there can be. Continue to think that this is all a stupid hoax and weep at the prospect of remaining in this victim/victimizer consciousness for a long, long time. OR wake up and realize that you are indeed a god inhabiting a physical body on a quarantined world where the Truth is kept at a distance. As always, it's your choice.
You are one of very few people here who actually gets it. The end of this cycle is not necessarily the destruction of the planet or humanity, which more people would know if they bothered to read any of the writings by people who have studied it extensively for years. I'm not saying everyone should be interested or should have to read about it, in fact I think the people who have no interest in the subject should stick to their televisions, video games, and roles as sheeple if that's what makes them happy...but they shouldn't be ridiculing others for taking an interest or believing there's more to this world than we can currently perceive.

The true hoax is that most of humanity continues to believe this is all there is, and that today's humans are the most intelligent and advanced species in the universe...what a depressing thought.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:02 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post

The true hoax is that most of humanity continues to believe this is all there is, and that today's humans are the most intelligent and advanced species in the universe...what a depressing thought.

I think most people know that we are not the only intelligent species in the entire Universe. There are billions of stars, galaxy's , planets and we are still only working our way to Mars! We will , I believe, never find out about any intelligent life.
Now, many or maybe most people chose not to concern them-self with things like this.
I mean, we live on earth for around 90 years, give or take. That's it. Why worry about a dooms day that we would have no control over if it actually did happen in 2012.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:28 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
In your opinion, what will happen on Dec. 12, 2012? Will the Mayan and Hopi prophecies of a major turning come to pass or will it be business as usual?

Are you doing anything to prepare? Are you worried/concerned or eager for possible change?

Some background reading:

2012 Tipping Point - Faculty for The Prophets Conference Vancouver, July 2010
I think Dec 21 2012 will be a little cool and the hint of Xmas will brighten up the neighborhood. We'll make a drive around to see the lights that night then relect on the lights Dec 22 2012.
But if I'm wrong I will have lived my life outside of the world of gloom and doom. (Remember "Bad Luck Schleprock"?)

Old 08-09-2010, 07:27 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Shouldn't we be more concerned about 10-10-10 or 11-11-11 since they come before 12-12-12? Sheesh.
That's a good thought, but hey--there weren't any particular catastrophes on 08-08-08, or 09-09-09. So why would the next couple of repeating dates be any different?

(Of course, if the world actually had come to an end on August 8, 2008 then we probably wouldn't be having this debate now!)

Old 08-09-2010, 07:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
There are several million Mayans living in southern Mexico. They never went anywhere. Their culture and religion were heavily suppressed by the Spanish Catholics but are reemerging as a distinct culture once more.

In case the Mayan prophesy is true I suggest we all buy baseball catchers mitts to capture the meteorites before they strike the Earth.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
I think it will be the same thing that happened on 090909, 080808, etc.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,886 times
I don't want to come off like I think the end is on 12/21/12, but there are a lot of interesting things going on right around then. We will be our closest to the sun in our orbit(the earth doesn't rotate in an exact circle, there are some wobbles) Solar flare and radiation is predicted to be at an all time high, out solar system will be in it's closest point to the center of the galaxy(Again, not circular) and the earths axis will be at it's most "straight" point in it's rotation. The Mayans were very smart in their understanding of our planets place relative to all else they could see(the stars) and that date seems to represent a lot of restarts going on at once in terms of cycles of rotation. Does this mean I think the end is coming, no. I do think it is interesting in terms of astronomy and large, sometimes hard to understand cycles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies