Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:42 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,515 times

Advertisements

Rosie is a shrew .. there isn't anything really noteworthy at all about her .. not even this ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 12:07 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Maybe not a a whole, but definately of a whole lot of them.
Not even that.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:08 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I think she is very representative of the gay liberal mindset. That is: gays want the "right" to marry just so they can spit in the Church's eye and rub it in the conservative religious folks' face, it has nothing to do with "civil rights". It's all part of their Gay Agenda propaganda.
Her motivations aren't representative of the whole. Most same sex couples want to get married for the same reasons as most straight couples. You know, like falling in love, thinking they want to spend their whole life together (whether or not it ends up actually working that way). People who marry out of spite or to "prove a point" are the minority, gay or straight.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:17 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Her motivations aren't representative of the whole. Most same sex couples want to get married for the same reasons as most straight couples. You know, like falling in love, thinking they want to spend their whole life together (whether or not it ends up actually working that way). People who marry out of spite or to "prove a point" are the minority, gay or straight.
As I said before, she is an entertainer, a very driven woman who succeeded. I think that she is entitled to have an ego larger than the rest of us. I can only imagine (believe me, only imagine) how it must feel to pay as much income tax as she did/does and still be told by every gov't that she could NOT have the same rights that every hetro American citizen is entitled to. Then you had Bush who made EVERYTHING into a political statement to get his hateful voter base to go out and vote from the terry schiavo incident that stopped Wash DC from working to the numerous anti-gay ballots that popped in so many states in a callous attempt to stir up the base into voting for the Repugs and Bush in 2004.

That is where the REAL shame lies. If Bush had not been elected in '04, we might not be currently involved in our 2 useless wars and would have a better economic picture right now.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:28 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,769,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Another doctored video from Andrew Britebart huh?
Uh, no. It is actually an audio from the Brian Maloney radio show... it's obvious you didn't listen to it.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:50 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,442,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Seriously, has American political commentary sunk THAT low that we don't even demand SOME support in logic for the ideas espoused by writers?
It's Breitbart. What did you expect?

Old 08-09-2010, 05:14 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Look, how is this any different than Britney Spears going to marry herself in Vegas and divorce in the same day? People in the entertainment industry don't live by the same rules and mores that you and I do.

In fact, I would say that rosie's marriage had more integrity. When people get tired of being pushed around, people will make bold statements and do bold actions. After all, her partner kelly and she were quite serious at the time.

Brittany Spears is a loon even by Hollyweird standards.

"People in the entertainment industry don't live by the same rules and mores that you and I do."

All the more reason we should see redefined marriage for what it really is, a back door attempt to forcibly change the status of a perverted personal sexual preference into that of a naturally occurring protected personal characteristic like race or sex.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:08 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
If Rosie's marriage defines same-sex marriage, then Britney Spears' marriages define opposite-sex marriage.

This is me saying that what Rosie's spiteful self does, has no bearing on the thousands of couples who will marry purely for love of their husband/wife-to-be.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:20 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Rosie is odd.
Yes. This is true. lol.
I find it interesting, telling, and somehow sad that a 50 year old women is still acting in defiance. Like a spoiled child. This woman has so many issues. The sadest part to me is that she is raising, what, three children? I can't even imagine.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:47 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
RadioEqualizer: Is gay marriage about love, equal rights or mere spite? Here, Rosie O'Donnell makes a disturbing case for the latter.

Breitbart.tv » Rosie: My Marriage Was ‘Act of Defiance’ Against Bush
This is what I personally suspect has been the issue for many all along. Especially with all of the irrational rebuttals concerning the issue of Civil Unions.

It is about acceptance, it is about thumbing ones nose at those who may disagree with homosexuality in general.

Few would rationally argue a position of not respecting a civil contract of responsibility and liability between two people (regardless of sexual preference).

This was about changing the meaning of a word in order to upset those they disagree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies