Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 09:50 PM

571 posts, read 944,431 times

Advertisements

You're way over-estimating the tea partiers. If the Tea Party was filled with young, energetic American nationalists, then yes, I'd be concerned. However, as it stands, it's basically a group of mostly old people sitting around in lawn chairs yelling about "that darkie in the White House", mixed in with some rednecks & mullet people you'd see at Walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 10:10 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,233,576 times
Unfortunately, they seem to have problems operating as the mini mafia in dealing with their own:

Hartland activist files complaint | The Morning Sentinel, Waterville, ME

Afraid of take overs by their own and the Republicans:

Tea party group passes 1st hurdle for Michigan ballot | freep.com | Detroit Free Press (http://www.freep.com/article/20100723/NEWS15/100723032/1320/Tea-party-group-passes-hurdle-for-Mich.-ballot - broken link)

It wasn't but a few months ago that the local brew had no qualms about advocating violence and joining militias, for a "common cause", specifically white right groups when the health care bill was to be passed. This ain't love, peace and chicken grease. And the charismatic little Miss "lock and load" Palin was running her mouth egging it on. So, we had people in their 50's talking about how they were willing to go up against the US military....as if they stood a chance in hell.

While I am sure that there are those members who are sane and not racist or homophobic and have actually studied the constitution this is more of a large group of people that throw overly emotional temper tantrums because it is far easier than doing research.

And then they do stupid crap:
Pa. Tea Party Apologizes for Documentary Controversy | News | Advocate.com (http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/07/30/Penn_Tea_Party_Apologizes_for_Documentary_Controve rsy/ - broken link) Notice how the view does not represent the Tea Party here but it sure does here:
Protest radical homosexual agenda at Oakland Park City HallElect John Labriola for Florida House District 94 | Elect John Labriola for Florida House District 94 (http://restorechristianamerica.com/2010/07/protest-radical-homosexual-agenda-at-oakland-park-city-hall/#more-162 - broken link)

And lets protest job creation
www.wzzm13.com : Grand Rapids : Tea Party members protest federal spending during President's Holland visit

YMCA Plot
Think Progress » Local North Carolina Tea Party Group Protests YMCA Community Center Project

Last edited by Pandamonium; 08-08-2010 at 10:23 PM..

Old 08-08-2010, 10:31 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,067,115 times
I love the Tea Party frankly. It's a fantastic way to gather up all the frustrated loons into one group, have them donate to corporate backed political action committees (draining their resources), and rounding them up to vote against their own interest. You always know who is the nut to get away from. Considering the insignificant numbers of them, and the pure lunatics they like to endorse, political representatives that actually represent their interest will never get elected.

I certainly have no fear of the cranks becoming violent. You have a choice of ones that are simply too stupid to organize, and the ones that could only mount an insurgency against places that could take their rascal scooters with O2 tanks (most are of both circles).

It is fun to watch the stupid harm themselves, repeatedly, and look in wonder as they can't figure out why.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,677,798 times
Will the Tea Party become a corn pone Third Reich?

That's a very good way of putting it. They already have. Most of the tea party members are good people who are truly confused and angry while they see their established environment crumbling around them. But they are being played like a fish on a hook by a controlled, contrived, insidious faction that has at it's primary goal, nothing less than the takeover of the nation. These people are ruled by the dogma of rigid conformaty and moral, religious obligation. It's very easy for the fascists to focus this general discontent into their overiding agenda. The global reach of the internet and the ability to maintain lock step on their message has given them a power they've never had before. Read the Illegal Immigration forum sometimes if you want to read continous lies and baseless, emotional projection, repeated endlessly, to further an agenda of justified hate until it appears to be true.

This is standard tactics of fascism. Find an enemy and demonize it. This time it's hard-scrabble hispanics. Give the people something or someone to hate. Through no fault of the majority of it's members, The whole tea party movement is nothing but rejection and denial carefully scripted and manipulated by the fascist movement within. There is no meaningful dialogue attempting to solve any issue, any problem or find any solution. They are purely nationalistic in nature and their motto is, "Take Back The Country!". If someone came to me and said "I want to take the country from you and the rest," I would feel seriously threatened. Fascism has already reared it's ugly head and will only increase in the current environment of total partisanship and the fact that the once honorable republican party has been co-opted by a bunch of far right radicals with a viscious, manufactured demogague as their spokesperson. Our country's political system is broken.

That's my honest and accurate opinion. Sorry for the rant. But a good thread to do it in.

Last edited by mohawkx; 08-08-2010 at 11:41 PM..

Old 08-08-2010, 11:22 PM

11,289 posts, read 11,057,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
This should be frightening to freedom-loving people everywhere.
The Islamification of the United States is what should terrify people everywhere.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The Islamification of the United States is what should terrify people everywhere.
The Islamics in this country are less than .5% of the population. What are you meaning with that statement? Will they send 20 million and invade? Will we suddenly get on our knees when they drop the dirty bomb on LA? I don't think so.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:33 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,098,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Frightened?
I'm frightened by the gobsmacking idiocy of this post.

I'm with you. I am thinking it's the weekend, mommie and daddy are at the bar and the kids are pestering the internet.

Obviously the OP is not aware the left's messiah is more like any dictator in history. In fact hussein obama loves one of the most murdering dictators in history, MAO, so much he had his image grace his christmas tree.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I'm with you. I am thinking it's the weekend, mommie and daddy are at the bar and the kids are pestering the internet.

Obviously the OP is not aware the left's messiah is more like any dictator in history. In fact hussein obama loves one of the most murdering dictators in history, MAO, so much he had his image grace his christmas tree.
Had a red star spray painted on his dog's ass too.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:46 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,233,576 times
They then run in and prove the point.

I wonder if there were any problems mentioned when Alwaleed bin Talal bought into News Corp.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:02 AM

140 posts, read 129,200 times
You make all of them out to be toothless, hillbillies, yet you're afraid of them. If they're so stupid and feeble minded shouldn't they be of no concern? What worries you more, a tea party protestor in nebraska or the 1% of the population in this country owning all the wealth and all our politicians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies