Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 01:36 AM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times

Advertisements

Time to admit Obamanomics has failed | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/Time-to-admit-Obamanomics-has-failed-1008050-100154469.html - broken link)

Someone may have already posted this so if that is the case I apologize for the duplicate thread.

I am going to keep an open mind here and ask for someone to explain to me were this article is wrong.. All I would ask is that if you make an accusation of incorrect information that you support it with viable information. Don't just post something like well Bush and Cheney or If it wasn't for Clinton or Obama inherited... The fact is that this administration owns the TARP program and they own the method they used to push it through. So, let's hear it! Were is the fault in this article..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 01:51 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Well the article starts out about that whole 8% chart, something that was abandoned even before the Stimulus was actually passed, as it was based off data known at the time the chart was created. That was before the last couple months of Bush's job numbers were known (in which we were losing jobs at 700,000 a month), it was done prior to the 4th quarter 08 putrid earnings figures were released, it was done prior to the 4th quarter 08 GDP disaster findings were released. No one was talking about 8% once all of that stuff came out.

Also, I somehow doubt the Washington Examiner would have pegged this editorial if it was around at this point in Reagan's Presidency. A year and a half into the Reagan administration, unemployment was higher than it is now (and would then go even higher)

Old 08-10-2010, 01:54 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,221 times
I'm sure she got a nice bonus on her way out the door, on our dime ofcource. I'm thinking everything is going according to plan. The Cloward-Piven method that's been implimented and it appears to work.

Article is from Feb.7, 2009
American Thinker: The Cloward/Piven Strategy of Economic Recovery

So I can't find any fault in your article, I tryed but I just couldn't do it.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:09 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
I'm sure she got a nice bonus on her way out the door, on our dime ofcource. I'm thinking everything is going according to plan. The Cloward-Piven method that's been implimented and it appears to work.

Article is from Feb.7, 2009
American Thinker: The Cloward/Piven Strategy of Economic Recovery

So I can't find any fault in your article, I tryed but I just couldn't do it.
Ahh playing a game of oneupmanship in order to see who can come up with the furthest right wing editorial I see.....

Old 08-10-2010, 05:37 AM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Old 08-10-2010, 05:40 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Few Keynesians would admit this guy's toxic terror of "economics" failed, even 70 years later.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf3n-8FyK78xzPqH4v9Mf_0ZMonIDkJ1fKqTAnQ-q5wa4afoM&t=1&usg=__ZaZxOCL86bda_iRQbRpVcPjyg8A= (broken link)

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-10-2010 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: language

Old 08-10-2010, 06:13 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Well the article starts out about that whole 8% chart, something that was abandoned even before the Stimulus was actually passed, as it was based off data known at the time the chart was created. That was before the last couple months of Bush's job numbers were known (in which we were losing jobs at 700,000 a month), it was done prior to the 4th quarter 08 putrid earnings figures were released, it was done prior to the 4th quarter 08 GDP disaster findings were released. No one was talking about 8% once all of that stuff came out.

Also, I somehow doubt the Washington Examiner would have pegged this editorial if it was around at this point in Reagan's Presidency. A year and a half into the Reagan administration, unemployment was higher than it is now (and would then go even higher)
The 8% chart was NOT abandoned before the stimulus was passed. There were Congressmen using the same charts on the Congress floor during their debate to support the bill.

Here is Obama himself claiming that without the stimulus unemployment will hit double digits.. Note the video on the link $838B stimulus clears Senate - David Rogers - POLITICO.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I am going to keep an open mind here and ask for someone to explain to me were this article is wrong.. All I would ask is that if you make an accusation of incorrect information that you support it with viable information. Don't just post something like well Bush and Cheney or If it wasn't for Clinton or Obama inherited... The fact is that this administration owns the TARP program and they own the method they used to push it through. So, let's hear it! Were is the fault in this article..
As you can see, there will always be the faithful few who will continue to proclaim obamanomics didnt fail, even to the point that they have to lie claiming charts used were "abandoned" when they werent...

Old 08-10-2010, 06:18 AM

17,409 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Few Keynesians and other assorted retards would admit this guy's toxic terror of "economics" failed, even 70 years later.
When I see someone use this word, anything else they say - no matter how profound or intelligent - will fall on deaf ears.

It's a highly offensive word to some. I would urge you not to use it again.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:32 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
When I see someone use this word, anything else they say - no matter how profound or intelligent - will fall on deaf ears.

It's a highly offensive word to some. I would urge you not to use it again.
Yes. I do not like name calling or belittling of others.

Thanks for calling attention to this.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:34 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Obama claimed unemployment would not go over 8%.

It did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies