Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 06:45 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
i think the obamanator should declare 4 weeks of gladiator games for the whole darn country, we sure have enough stadiums in this mighty sport hungry country. he could have the dems against the crats in an all out one month bloody battle in the arenas. i can see it now free beer and wine to all, what a festive celebration of triumph and defeat..chariots with sarah palin vs nancy pelosi. with weapons of choice.!!archery and , sword fighting. crossbow,jousting, catapulting for congressmen and congresswomen competion.. let the games begin..

i think we need more holidays
That would be awesome. I think Sarah would be kicking Nancy's behind, until Nancy pulled some sort of secret Ninja move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 06:55 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Sorry, but that is no longer true in America. Life is ONLY about making money, every minute from birth MUST be directed towards survival and that's "making money".

Americans no longer can afford to "work to live"...they must "live to work".

You even see people who WANT the retirement age moved UP! What does that mean but "work 'til ya drop" ?

I have seen a poster in CD declare that children should have to EARN their elementary education!!!!!

So, with some Americans thinking "work from cradle to grave is good for America " , family is just a working unit and NOTHING more.
Maybe for all the obedience and sacrifice maybe, upon reaching retirement, all should be awarded a little 3X5 flag?

Old 08-11-2010, 06:58 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
My thanks to the mod for inserting the correct missing word in the thread title. I caught it, but too late. Trying to hit the keyboard for me isn't easy while wearing this strait-jacket.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:12 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Seriously why do folks seem incapable of checking even the easiest of facts before posting a thread or comment?

Well that was the most patently absurd comment made so far today.

http://www.totallyexpat.memberlodge....risontable.pdf
It seems easier to just make up facts. Add the word "Why do.." and it makes the fabrication seem factual. I am waiting for someone to post a thread like "Why does Michelle put up with Obama sleeping with pigs?"

Old 08-11-2010, 07:18 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
I work in an industry that operates 24/7, 365 days a year so I don't get holidays off-and I'm always stuck working them because I'm childless. Of course, upper management never works holidays, or weekends, or nights-but that's another story. I do get one week paid vacation per year, and I only get that because I work over 40 hours a week.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:19 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Maybe for all the obedience and sacrifice maybe, upon reaching retirement, all should be awarded a little 3X5 flag?
WHAT!? And have the repugs screaming about the EXPENSE of those little flags (which will be labeled , "Made in China You Suckers! Ha ha")

Old 08-11-2010, 07:53 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
My thanks to the mod for inserting the correct missing word in the thread title. I caught it, but too late. Trying to hit the keyboard for me isn't easy while wearing this strait-jacket.
I responded "seriously" to this thread, not initially catching the tone of the OP. Funny.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:56 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Too many holidays? I don't think we have hardly any. The Fourth of July? Almost everybody works on it, at least half do. The same goes for Labor Day. Christmas is getting to be the same way. Easter is business as usual. New Years Day, same thing. Thanksgiving is becoming a shopping day. Anybody that shops or goes to the movies on Christmas Day or Thanksgiving is a pin head, IMO. Even if you don't celebrate it you can take a day off to reflect and watch some movies on TV you only see once a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies