Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 03:30 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,280,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenchaGT View Post
This is not surprising! Muslim countries will always hate the USA regardless.
Obama wants to fit in and their not having any of it! It's obvious that Obama
is more supportive to Mulsim's than Americans.

This is not supported by anything he has done.

If you want to make up fiction about our President, do it without being so obvious.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:40 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,280,281 times

You post a video, that was posted to a Muslim site, that sources nothing for its claims, and the site that its posted to has amusing comments, calling out the video as nothing more than propaganda, fear mongering and unbelievable.

If you're going to use a video, at least try to get the REAL youtube link instead of using a blog that has comments that pretty much calls the video bunk.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:07 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,559,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Once again, Obama goes against the AMERICANS will. He has cheapened the office of POTUS. He is a disgrace to the white house, he is a disgrace to the position, and he is a disgrace to America. Did they break ground? I will make a trip and relieve myself on their building and deliver a pound of bacon to them everyday. We have no leader in this country. I hope to god this mosque does not go up under any circumstances. I am so disgusted. IMPEACH THE CLOWN AND HIS FREE MONEY SPENDING WIFE. They are a detriment to this Country.

Wow!! This is just CRAZY!!!! I knew he would come out on their side! I hoped he would stay out of it!! Is 4 years over yet???

I hope no sigle american construction worker lifts a finger to lay one brick at that site!! It's up to the construction workers of NY to protest.....work stoppage!!

Last edited by citizenkane2; 08-14-2010 at 06:01 AM..

Old 08-14-2010, 05:14 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,074,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Obama defends ground zero mosque plans - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

Our moron-in-chief must be going for the Muslim vote this November.
Have you seen any member of the media ask the firefighters in the NYC Fire Department (any firehouse) for their opinion? I'm hoping that's one union that will tell Dems to *iss off in November.

The other moron is Bloomberg. All the money in the world isn't going to get that guy ever elected President.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The responses on this thread are predictable and is what I expected. The Islamic world is very large. Over a billion and a half people. Right now we are at war with .01% of them. You guys want our president to pi** off the other 99.99% and start a war with them. Freedom of religion applies to all in this country, last time I checked.

This ain't about what you have the right to do!!! IT'S ABOUT WHAT YOU "SHOULD" DO!!!! Islam has built up a lot of ill will in this country and abroad!! and those frikkin' towers were brought down in its name!! If these so-called "peaceful" Muslims reeeeally want to build bridges with others ,they should show some sensitivity and empathy to the people who are still raw from this and move that thing to another spot!! Hardly any Muslims even live in that area!!! Which tells me that this is just a "salt in the wound" type of move! They are marking another piece of territory where they had a great victory! There was a time when the Catholic church was going to build near Auswitz. But this upset many Jews who felt the church stood by or was complicit in the destruction of 6 million Jews during WWII! The pope understood their feelings and cancelled the project!! Islam is the most intolerant religion on the face of this earth!! HANDS DOWN! They push and push and push....and if you push back, they call YOU the racist.....they calll YOU the bigot!!

I AM SO TIRED OF OUR COUNTRY ROLLING OVER.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Have you seen any member of the media ask the firefighters in the NYC Fire Department (any firehouse) for their opinion? I'm hoping that's one union that will tell Dems to *iss off in November.

The other moron is Bloomberg. All the money in the world isn't going to get that guy ever elected President.

Liberalism is indeed a mental disorder.....I bet even among the firefighters there's one or two that would love this insane idea.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:34 AM

23,601 posts, read 17,283,784 times
Default Obama plays a tune no one can dance to...

The ground zero mosque is purely a sensitivity issue. It is interesting that Obama sets aside the sensitivity of the majority of US citizens and defaults to the letter of the law.

He wants to close Gitmo solely because it is perceived as offensive to Muslims not because it is illegal.

Why doesn't he send another unannounced low flying Air force 1 flight over NYC to help desensitize the non believers.

Imagine what would one could do within the letter of the law and be offensive to most peoples' sensitivity?

Support the ground zero mosque?

Perhaps by-pass Congressional review with a recess appointment to run a healthcare budget larger than the entire military budget.

Let Obama dance to his tune, his choreography is finally out there for all to see.

Show up at the voting booth with overwhelming force and exchange your offended sensitivities for a new president and a replacement for his lap dog legislature.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The ground zero mosque is purely a sensitivity issue. It is interesting that Obama sets aside the sensitivity of the majority of US citizens and defaults to the letter of the law.

He wants to close Gitmo solely because it is perceived as offensive to Muslims not because it is illegal.

Why doesn't he send another unannounced low flying Air force 1 flight over NYC to help desensitize the non believers.

Imagine what would one could do within the letter of the law and be offensive to most peoples' sensitivity?

Support the ground zero mosque?

Perhaps by-pass Congressional review with a recess appointment to run a healthcare budget larger than the entire military budget.

Let Obama dance to his tune, his choreography is finally out there for all to see.

Show up at the voting booth with overwhelming force and exchange your offended sensitivities for a new president and a replacement for his lap dog legislature.
Amen!!!

Old 08-14-2010, 06:27 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,491,244 times
Wow. I can't believe what I just read. What is this, 1930s Europe? To the conservatives out there, try reading this: go and learn what this means:

Quote:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
How do you say you believe this, yet want to stop a specific group from excercising their religion?? You say Obama isn't obeying the constitution, well, what part is he violating? And 70% of Americans oppose this. So what? The public can believe unconstitutional things too, you know, the way most Americans supported discrimination long ago.

Is it insensitive to build there? Maybe. But Mayor Bloomberg cannot deny their request just because they're muslim. You can't cherry pick the Bill of Rights. And frankly, some of the posts here smack of fascism and far right bigotry.

Reason I'm not conservative # 791: Cons only support rights for rich white christian republicans.

Last edited by mackinac81; 08-14-2010 at 06:36 AM..

Old 08-14-2010, 06:46 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,394,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is our dhimmi-in-chief offering up this Mosque building site as his jizya? Will he sign an executive order to make it so?
You seem to know a lot of that there A-rab talk, MOgal... how do we know we can trust you?

Listen people, every time we spook ourselves into violating our own principles of freedom and tolerance in this country, the terrorists win. What do you say we refuse to be scared of our own shadows for a change, see how that feels? After ten years of shaking in our boots, I bet it will feel damn good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies