Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like Sarah Palin?
yes 62 42.47%
no 84 57.53%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 05:15 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Empty as in Palin's head and her rhetoric? The woman puts her foot iher mouth every time she opens it and she is not even aware of it.
Palin is nasty and vindictive and she reaps what she sows.
Sad, but true.

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-20-2010 at 05:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 05:47 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,404,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
As a somewhat older guy (by internet standards), I think Sarah has certain babe factors. I think the glasses lends a sophisticated touch, and from what I can tell, she has a good set of gams. However I have to admit that I'm kind of lukewarm on the "good ol' girl" manner of presentation.

Having said all that, I think she'd be one lousy president. I don't say that because she is a woman. I say that because she has views that would make her a lousy president. Dan Quayle would have been a lousy president too, and he was a man... still is, probably.
I agree, but from one middle aged fart to another you have to admit:

She was the Hottest Governor from the Coldest State!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 07:26 PM

767 posts, read 489,595 times
She is an attractive women, but sorely unqualified for any position higher than a secretary, and that's pushing it. What's worse than the fact that she is extremely ignorant in world issues and politics in general, is that she revels and takes pride in her ignorance. It reminds me of those middle age people that brag about the fact that they forgot everything they learned in high school.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
I want that bubbleheaded shrew to become president. With Bachman as her VP. This way we will quit this charade that we have been living for the last few decades. People are going to die and cities are going to burn and for a while we may be reduced to the barter system. But the robber barons, bilderbergers, transnational corporations and NECONS etc will be purged from our political system and America will rise from the ashes bigger and better. To kill the cancer sometimes it takes chemo. No one says it will be easy but its going t be worth it. Obama is too smooth by half in keeping the charade going. Palin/Bachman will fallover themselves and expose the puppeters behind the curtain.
Quote:
Many people are disappointed in the state of affairs in this nation when a dumb hick such as Palin can actually wind up as a running mate for a POTUS candidate. To further add insult to injury, she is still being touted as a possible candidate in 2012. She would never win, but nevertheless, we are freaked that this country has sunk to such anti-intellectual depths and the dumbed down group is large enough to actually have a spokesperson. I have always educated myself on various subjects and issues. Common sense and intellectual curiosity makes for a well rounded person. What I have forgotten, the likes of a person like Palin will never have the capability of learning. When nitwits equal to Palin in the smarts department, come up with the nonsensical remark that people are afraid of her, it is only nonsensical within the context of which they speak. You're damn right we're afraid...afraid of what a self-serving idiot such as she stands for. She represents the new low that is being given "look up to" status. If she is being looked up to, just how sadly down in the dregs of intellect, common sense and integrity are the people that are doing the looking up? That is what is scary. Like her? She warrants the same amount of affection as a boil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
She is an attractive women, but sorely unqualified for any position higher than a secretary, and that's pushing it. What's worse than the fact that she is extremely ignorant in world issues and politics in general, is that she revels and takes pride in her ignorance. It reminds me of those middle age people that brag about the fact that they forgot everything they learned in high school.
you guys hate much? palin is not qualified for any position above secretary? what does that say about obama who had even LESS executive experience than palin does?

the best way to find out who the left is afraid of is to look at who they bash the most. and since palin is being bashed like a pinata at a mexican birthday party, the left must truly fear her.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:14 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,206 times
Palin has more guts than the whole Whitehouse gang put together, that is why people like her she is a real person, she's a mother, wife, politician and all that conects with the average person outside of the northeast and Calif. When you live is la,la land of the northeast and everybody is like got to be just alike to get along.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:26 PM

767 posts, read 489,595 times
Ever notice the only defense people have of Palin is bringing up Obama. It's like they can't defend her on her own merits, they have to resort to trashing another person. If someone accused me of being retarded, my defense wouldnt be, well at least I'm smarter than so and so.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:37 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Empty as in Palin's head and her rhetoric? The woman puts her foot iher mouth every time she opens it and she is not even aware of it. She's nasty and vindictive and reaps what she sows.
And you know her personally???

Old 08-20-2010, 08:47 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
arrogance > ignorance

If you don't have an honest understanding of your opponents (liberals') points of view, then that is ignorance.

Supporting Palin because she "riles up the left", is like supporting Jesse Jackson because he "riles up white people."

Both are contributory towards our country's demise.
Bingo. I still never get why some folks constantly defend her although they have never met her EITHER. What compels people to defend her every guffaw??? I get that folks do this sort of ignorant defending of politicians of every sort, but the Palin sector seems particularly defiant and very frightened to deal with any other perspective than their own.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:47 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
And you know her personally???
OMG...who would want to. Unfortunately she shoves her inconsequential opinion, remarks, chalk on a blackboard voice and media seeking ways in everyone's face. All of a sudden she is the defender of everybody's Constitutional rights. All one has to do is listen to her unimaginative and rehearsed rhetoric and read any of her asinine comments to have this woman pegged. Not rocket science needed to read the essence of Palin, it's not all that deep.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:53 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
I love Sister Sarah. She just goes to prove that anybody can get into politics and anybody can become rich no matter how stupid one is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies