Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:31 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I do appreciate the video for the hero honoring aspect.

Considering the "issue" was a more than a year old, I would have chosen to not be too offended.
I was offended considering it aired on the same day 4 Canadian soldiers were killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 02:36 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Don't blame all of us for Fox news. Everyone with common sense knows it's a joke, whose sold intention is to agitate people. Just look at the programs - sheer entertainment value for those who enjoy belittling and humiliating others. Why are you even listening to that trash?
The name "Fox and Friends" always reminds of a cartoon show title. Seriously," Bugs Bunny and Freinds". Although, I find Warner Bros classic cartoons far more entertaining and yes, even more intelligent than Fox.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:00 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickh1954 View Post
I truly hope it does turn out well.

For the sake of the Iraqi people.
For the sake of the good young men and women who died.
For the sake of the United States.
For the sake of the Middle East.
For the sake of the World.

I truly do, with no sarcasm implied or intended.
You left out the most important beneficiary- for the sake of IRAN. Once balanced out by an equally capable enemy- now with an equally capable friend to sell electricity to!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:23 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickh1954 View Post
The most recent casualty #'s I can find:
  • 151 Canadian casualties.
  • 1140 American casualties.
Canada has apx. 1/10 the population of the US.

Per Capita Canada has sacrificed over 32% more young men and women in this response to an attack on the United States.

Those are the numbers.

Thank God your own military is more grateful than you.

Please tell me you don't believe the Iraq war is a response to 9/11.

I think if we were going after those responsible for that we would be in Saudi Arabia as they apparently funded the operation. Incidentally Iraq had nothing to do with it. but they did have oil Cheney wanted to get his hands on .

Old 08-19-2010, 09:12 PM

613 posts, read 815,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Please tell me you don't believe the Iraq war is a response to 9/11.

I think if we were going after those responsible for that we would be in Saudi Arabia as they apparently funded the operation. Incidentally Iraq had nothing to do with it. but they did have oil Cheney wanted to get his hands on .
I think you are conflating two of my posts. The one you are quoting is about Afghanistan, which was in response to 9/11.

However I feel about Iraq, the invasion is done. I pray it ends well, no matter my opinion of the motives behind it.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:28 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
[quote=meson;15531273]More than just Canadians, CANADIAN soldiers who are fighting YOUR ****ing war...

Hey, we fought two of your effin wars, losing 3/4 of a million men in the process.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:09 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
[quote=TomDot;15551543]
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
More than just Canadians, CANADIAN soldiers who are fighting YOUR ****ing war...

Hey, we fought two of your effin wars, losing 3/4 of a million men in the process.

And which wars were these?

Old 08-20-2010, 09:15 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
Fox news is a circus. They are insulting Canadians?? Omg... What's next??? The Queen?
Nope...The King... O

Old 08-20-2010, 09:15 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post

And which wars were these?
Probably WWI, and WWII.

Why is everyone picking on Canada? I think the Right is jealous of them. Becuase the only nation state the Right can point to is Texas. And we all know about Texas.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:18 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
[quote=lmkcin;15552878]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post

Don't call me a liar!
Beyond Red vs. Blue: Part 3: Demographics, Lifestyle and News Consumption - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press (http://people-press.org/report/?pageid=945 - broken link)

Liberals are twice as likely to have a college degree as social conservatives. But then you education probably failed you, as you clearly didn't learn any reasoning skills. Any one who's ever had a rational thought would NEVER be a Republican or Conservative.
That is only half the story. The right is made up of two dictinct groups. You have the gullable and ignorant followers and you have the schemeing and highly intelligent operatives.
The regular people who support the cons in the usa have no idea at all of the history of the class struggle and the fight for any social progress that has been made in the USA. Do they realize that every single reform designed to improve the lives of the people and advance the country into a more just society has been bitterly opposed the forces of the right?

Social security and pensions, unemployment insurance, Civil rights, Pure food and drug laws so that you could be sure that you were not being givin poison. The list just goes on and on and on. Now the question has got to be. Why would that be the case. Why would these elected individuals act in such a way that was so contrary to the public good? The answer to that is very very simple. Who are their masters? Who do they depend on for their positions and power? Well it's not the people that's for sure. It's the very small minority at the top of American society that owns just about everything and controls just about everything. These "Masters of the Universe", do not care one iota about the conditions of life for the average man. Wether families can afford food shelter and all the basic necessities of life is of no concern to them. The only thing they care about is maintaining their position their wealth and their power in the country.

The fact that they can completely hide this agenda from the mass of their followers is something that is just very hard for me to understand. It's got something to do with American culture for sure. The land of the crooked evanglist, snake oil salesmen of every sort thrive, the carnival like atmosphere that is so popular in America, All the cons and crooks seem to do well there.

It's just this kind of thing that causes Canadians to look at Americans as a bunch of uneducated, gullable, red necked hillbillys. Have you ever thought for a minute why the right is so anti education? The answer is so clear, An educated populus would not believe any of their blustering blunder and their day would be surely done.

The most important reform that could be made in the USA is to deny this small and regressive force their most important ally. Money!!! If you can believe it in Canada special interests and corporations are not allowed to give one single cent to politicians. As long as money controls American politics their is very little or even no democracy. Politicians are nothing more than political whores and have to deliver for their pimp masters, the money men who they owe their positions to.

When the supreme court of the land is so partisan and so rightwing that it quashes the little bit of reform that has been made you know the country is in BIG trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies