Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 01:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
New Corp the parent company of Fox News is having an ongoing business relationship with an individual that is providing funding for the Islamic community center while at the time criticizing the building and occupation of this center.

Now doesn’t that sound just a tad disingenuous to you?

And please don't insult your own intelligence when attempting to answer this question.
News Corp may be giving money to the Imam to build his mosque. I don't think that is against the law. I am not sure about all those mosques that are being rebuilt with American government money and the law.

Fox reported the news as it happened and that put one of their huge (7%) owners in a bad light. I guess they must have failed to support their boss in so doing but that is how they report the news, just as it happened.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:33 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Irony? Is that what all these lefties have been spinning to show? Well I be darned.
RSB,

No one is "spinning" irony since irony by definition is "use of words to express something other than and especially opposite of the literal meaning." So you see we aren't spinning, just enjoying a moment of schadenfreude.

PS - I was wrong, not only do conservatives not get irony, they don't even know what it is!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,393 times
Quote:
New Corp the parent company of Fox News is having an ongoing business relationship with an individual that is providing funding for the Islamic community center while at the time criticizing the building and occupation of this center.

Now doesn’t that sound just a tad disingenuous to you?

And please don't insult your own intelligence when attempting to answer this question.
News Corp. is bigger than just Fox News, even when combined with Fox Biz News. Apparently the news organization works independently of shareholder influence. I suspect Fox News itself doesn't really have a choice in the business relationship it bears with a 7% owner. It does have a responsibility to its viewers which apparently it has upheld.

It does not sound any more disingenuous than the JournoList model used by liberal news institutions during the 2008 election cycle.

And, I do believe the relationship was public knowledge.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:56 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,628 times
Quote:
As one of those conservatives who is not smart enough to talk with you, according to you, may I say that I really didn't know that old Rupert was keeping that tight a rein on the people at Fox News. I haven't even found a place where proof is showed that Fox News gave money to the mosque.

Now lets get back to the Constitution and find that place where it states that people can't associate with anyone that left leaners don't think they should. That is there somewhere, isn't it? You do not support that mosque, do you?
So where did I posted anything relating to people not being to associate with whoever the please? The problem is Riupert Murdoch being in control of news organization that one hand criticizes the building of an Islamic community center while at the same time having an investor who will by providing funding for the center.

Now it would be nice if ole Rupert had little backbone and said to Prince Alaweed "You know what based on you funding this center it goes against my beliefs so I'm going to ask you to divest yourself of interest in News Corp." But we haven't heard anything of the sort now have w?. We haven't even heard anything on Fox News critical of Prince Alawed's funding of mosque ANYWHERE. Now why is that?

It's nice to giive Rupert a pass by saying " I really didn't know that old Rupert was keeping that tight a rein on the people at Fox News". I know you got stick up for your boy!

But REALLY Rupert Murdoch is one of the most astute business people on the planet. He knows EXACTLY what is going at FAUX NEWS.

If you want to believe the okie-doke I've got some prime Florida swampland for you gators and all.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:01 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
News Corp. is bigger than just Fox News, even when combined with Fox Biz News. Apparently the news organization works independently of shareholder influence. I suspect Fox News itself doesn't really have a choice in the business relationship it bears with a 7% owner. It does have a responsibility to its viewers which apparently it has upheld.

It does not sound any more disingenuous than the JournoList model used by liberal news institutions during the 2008 election cycle.

Youi'd think a REALLY resoponsible news orgainzation would report that one of the shareholders in its parent company was funding the Islamic cultural center and let its viewers decide for themselves what they thought of this.

Now THAT would be FAIR and BALANCED!

Old 08-24-2010, 02:02 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,691,987 times
Quote:
News Corp may be giving money to the Imam to build his mosque. I don't think that is against the law. I am not sure about all those mosques that are being rebuilt with American government money and the law.

Fox reported the news as it happened and that put one of their huge (7%) owners in a bad light. I guess they must have failed to support their boss in so doing but that is how they report the news, just as it happened.
I thought we were talking about Ground Zero.
Deflecting or changing the subject is bull
Actuyally he is a full partner with Rupert on an Arabic Network.
But the point is, FOX created this controversy so that they could divide America. FOX is an agent of the Wahabis

Old 08-24-2010, 02:21 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post

Maybe those protestors should move over to News Corp, Daily News or Fox News, there are bigger fish to fry than a mosque.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,529,417 times
Quote:
But Stewart is paid to be comedic so why do we accept his words as news when neither he or you support Fox?
That is why you should always check things out with other sources.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Fox was blasting this guy but somehow we manage to twist their words to make it appear they were supporting him. I don't really understand how some of the left manage to twist words to mean the opposite in one sentence.
Google is your friend!

Old 08-24-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Somewhere a conservative's head is absolutely spinning and possibly exploding. I can see the expression on their face and hear but but but but but but.......................THAT'S RUPERT MURDOCH WITH ONE OF...........................................THEM!
He doesn't believe it because FOX didn't tell him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies