Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:22 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Either way....that was veeery disrespectful to that old guy....
I agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 08:24 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
What a disgusting leftie piece of trash.
and how do you know that?

Old 08-25-2010, 10:56 PM

15,867 posts, read 21,455,012 times
The guy screaming at the Holocaust survivor was out of line regardless of whom he was speaking to. There was no need for the swearing.

That said, as a Jew with Holocaust survivors in my extended family (and the decedent of pogrom survivors), I am utterly perplexed as to how he can oppose the Muslim community center. The main reason I support it is because I am a Jew and I have seen what anti-semitism and Jew-phobia has done and is still doing to my community.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Oh you're a big man, aren't you

How could you treat anybody like that? That man screaming at the survivor was a psycho freak who needed to get his head checked.

I don't think anybody warrants any treatment like that because of a political opinion. So should I support someone doing this to you just because you disagree?

According to your logic I should.
Oh pleeeze, spare me your moralizing. You're no champion of virtue.

What's more, old people like that deserve contempt and disrespect. Why? Because they are backwards. That old coot learned nothing--I mean nothing--from history. His "mere opinion" is nothing less than a desire to deny other Americans their civil rights. That there are Americans--and this old jerk is one of them--advocating the denial of Constitutional rights towards other Americans should be of great concern to many people in this country.

Your Constitutional rights are not contingent upon whether or not other people feel you should have them, they are not contingent upon majority polls or opinions, they are not contingent upon "sensitivities". Your Constitutional rights are guaranteed by the Government, and nobody has the right to deny them to you.

But you obviously feel different.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Liz Cheney, need I say more
I didn't see Liz in that thing. Where was she? Yeah, I know what you were trying to do.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
He has no tatoo!
If he were a holocaust survivor wouldn't he have a number
At 1:51 Blewcas said that his grandparents rode that thing out and didn't get tattooed and at 2:05 you showed that you didn't read his post. Just saying.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
The guy screaming at the Holocaust survivor was out of line regardless of whom he was speaking to. There was no need for the swearing.

That said, as a Jew with Holocaust survivors in my extended family (and the decedent of pogrom survivors), I am utterly perplexed as to how he can oppose the Muslim community center. The main reason I support it is because I am a Jew and I have seen what anti-semitism and Jew-phobia has done and is still doing to my community.
I think that most of the people on this thread who are left leaning, and that is most, know very little about the Muslim Brotherhood and The Project that they are pushing toward fulfillment. Once they get that mosque built I think that a number of you will wish you had read a little about the Brotherhood and what they are trying to do.

Now as to the holocaust. What stinking holocaust? There was no stinking holocaust. Those are the words of one of the leading Muslim power men in the world today. Yep, old Ahmadinejad, or as I call him, Imajihad. You know the man who Obama was so sure that he could change with his karma? It is way past time for people in this nation to look at the UK and what has happened there because of their allowing Muslims so many things because they want to prove that they are very diverse.

I think that old Jew thinks an awful lot like I do and I am pretty sure that he thinks that way because of the Hamas - Israeli thing. I don't want the Muslims to eventually take this place over from the inside but they have it planned that way and they know there are enough people like that loud mouthed one who want to use the Constitution to handcuff this country till they see what the Muslims are doing, and it may well be too late then.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:03 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Whatever. I don't even know what you're trying to say.

The old guy clearly has a different political opinion than the crazy guy.

That doesn't make anyone less of an American or "unpatriotic".
I couldn't care less about this "patriotic" talk. That wasn't the point. Now, excuse me for NOT being politically correct... the old guy is an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

Amen!

If it is anybody, those persecuted in THIS nation (that includes Jews) should recognize the insensitivity in opposing the construction. The old guy was out of line. Or, simply put... an idiot.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:06 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that most of the people on this thread who are left leaning...
Breaking News (almost seven decades later)... holocaust wasn't limited only to Jews. The first "residents" of concentration camps were liberals, social democrats and communists. And they were identified with the red triangle badges, gays with pink triangle and Jews with Star of David (color code "alert" standard was practiced).

Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Oh, so you AGREE with what he said???
Seemed to me that just about everything coming out of his mouth were obscenities. You identify with people like that?
(And I can see where you're coming from with your remark about Israel and Nazi Germany. You're right in there with the guy in the video - but that's offtopic ).
She did not say that.
Also, the only "evidence" from this guy that he's a holocaust survivor is his word.
Why is his status relevant, anyway?

They disagreed.

Personally, I don't have a problem with people swearing.
You're putting your beliefs (that swearing is bad) on others.

Do you never use "obscenities?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies