Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 06:43 AM

183 posts, read 168,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Its bad no doubt but states, cities and all gov have got to learn to live within their means. They have to cut spending and its a shame they are keeping pet projects over police officers.
Great point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 06:45 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thank you, we as citizens, who live among some crazy people in this world, and those people who have gone mad, and see no problem with crime. Sure have a right to defend ourselves, and our family and our property. We suppose to just sit back while someone breaks into our home, maybe some of you will, not in my family. Don't put this on either party, please, sick demented people who see no problem commiting crimes, are both REPUBLICIANS AND DEMOCRATS, BLACK OR WHITE, AND DIFFERENT RELIGIONS, crime has no barriers.
In California your ability to defend your life and property are significantly restricted compared to the majority of the states in this country. You accept that decision made by your elected representatives as long as you choose to live in a state that would leave you helpless; or, change the laws of California.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Depending on where I was in my house I would call my crime consultants from Ithica, Springfield, Hartford or New Haven. They would assist me in my discussions with any intruders.

Hopefully, violence would be averted. The police would be called. I am certain they would respond in a timely manner. We have very high taxes in our town and one of the things they buy is a very responsive public safety (police, fire and rescue) system.

FWIW - I am a very Liberal and Progresive Democrat.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think the Republican solution is to tell citizens to buy guns or hire their own private security officers.
A couple of big dogs, usually keep the criminals at bay.
The gun is for back up.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
For those of you who are using this as an opportunity to "bash the Republicans/RW", I ask you this-what would you do if you lived in one of these areas and someone broke into your home or vandalized your property?
I'd call a Repug and thank them for supporting tax cuts.

Cut taxes, lose services.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:35 AM

783 posts, read 815,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

And dont forget Republicans only support tax cuts for the rich while increasing taxes on the middle class to make upp for lost revenues.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:41 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
So you are going to shoot someone if they commit fraud?
If an uninvited stranger is in my home at 3:00a, and he/she is committing fraud in addition to any other activities they may be engaged in at that time, none of which are to the benefit of me and/or my family... yep, I'd shoot 'em! Multiple times, in fact!

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone. When seconds count, the police will be there in an hour or so. My home is insured by the Remington Insurance Co. and I call 911 only after the fact. When the police show up, there will be one story to hear.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:42 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Budget cuts are forcing police around the country to stop responding to fraud, burglary and theft calls as officers focus limited resources on violent crime.
Cutbacks in such places as Oakland, Tulsa and Norton, Mass. have forced police to tell residents to file their own reports — online or in writing — for break-ins and other lesser crimes

Cutbacks force police to curtail calls for some crimes - USATODAY.com

The courts have already said that police are not there to protect the populace, just clean up the mess later......
What did you think would happen?

You know, I listen to those that are going up for the council here and it is the same game that they play every time. Some little wanna be business man runs a line about doing more with less and big government. They get elected and they try to McDonaldize and refuse to hire. And the people say, "Yay!" And then they turn around and, given the area, are afraid of a more centralized law enforcement. The people say, "I'm afraid of a more centralized law enforcement."

You may cut corners in the business world. You do not cut corners in any area of the government. Specifically, law enforcement. Why? Liability. So, these little small minded jack holes refuse to hire and then throw a fit for overtime. Again, this isn't a business. It is about delivery of services. Not McDonalds.

Here is to smaller government, may the people have Ford Heights:
Moldy rape kit solves 2006 child rape case

Old 08-27-2010, 07:51 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:

While you are on the phone to the Repug, make sure you smile for the flash.

I doubt if the person breaking into your home is going to care who you are calling before he puts that round into your noggin.

Also if citizens are properly trained in the use of a handgun, there would be less need to have a 100 cops on duty at 3AM. There would also be less break-ins. Thus saving the tax-payers money.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:52 AM

783 posts, read 815,208 times
Quote:

The Republican creed is all about cuting taxes for the rich and slashing vital public services and benefits for the middle class to finance the upper class tax cuts their tax policy is very elitist and anti middle class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies