Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 12:00 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

I may be liberal and progressive but I would not censor Mr. Cusack any more than I would censor Mr. Beck. They are individually responsible for the results of their personal speech. Besides openly wishing somebody would go to Hell is different from saying you are going to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Here's another one of John Cusack's tweets... I think he's attacking capitalism and freedom in this one.

Quote:
I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:06 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I may be liberal and progressive but I would not censor Mr. Cusack any more than I would censor Mr. Beck. They are individually responsible for the results of their personal speech. Besides openly wishing somebody would go to Hell is different from saying you are going to help.
^^^But that is not what he said.^^^

Just showing how truly deranged with hate some of the far left are. Now, is that the statment of someone fully sane or not? If it is not it must be typical left wing hate mongering, death threats and all.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:06 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Well gee maybe because the Left is always preaching crap about peace love and harmony, yet at the same time make hateful statements like Cusack, but expect us to look the other way.......whatever!
I don't care where you look. Laugh at it, get upset, take cheap shots. Doesn't matter to me.

I think it is funny that Fox news calls up a shrink and utilizes the whole reasoning behind supression of free speech that is like hundreds of years old. You know: in case the crazy people heard it. And its like, coming from Fox.

I'm sorry, man, did you want to go sing Kumbuya on the beach or something?

Old 09-01-2010, 12:15 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Tell John Nutsak to sit down and snort another bump. What a frigging moron. Stupid ass D-list movie stars.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:18 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Just another example of liberalism being a mental disorder.

Is he ready for a padded room or is this typical far left hatemongering? You decide.

FOXNews.com - John Cusack Calls for 'Satanic Death' of Fox News, GOP Leaders

“I AM FOR A SATANIC DEATH CULT CENTER AT FOX NEWS HQ AND OUTSIDE THE OFFICES ORDICK ARMEYAND NEWT GINGRICH-and all the GOP WELFARE FREAKS,†Cusack tweeted.
Don't we live in a great country? Every American is granted the right to utter any silly thing he or she can imagine. Personally this doesn't strike me as any more of a mental disorder than what is exhibited by the members of Westboro Baptist or David Barton, but, hey, that's just me.
Also, certainly not any stranger or more deranged than the stuff Michele Bachmann and Sharron Angle say on a daily basis.
At least he's not an elected official or running for office.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:21 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Here's another one of John Cusack's tweets... I think he's attacking capitalism and freedom in this one.

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

That is interesting. Does he perform pro bono?
He does get paid outrageous sums of money,
when he does work, doesn't he?

He sells himself. I guess that doesn't count.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:24 PM

296 posts, read 228,604 times
Cusac who..?

Old 09-01-2010, 12:25 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
As usual we see the call for violence and death come from some wacko left winger and once again we see the libs jump in to defend the calls for violence and death.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:28 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Don't we live in a great country? Every American is granted the right to utter any silly thing he or she can imagine. Personally this doesn't strike me as any more of a mental disorder than what is exhibited by the members of Westboro Baptist or David Barton, but, hey, that's just me.
Also, certainly not any stranger or more deranged than the stuff Michele Bachmann and Sharron Angle say on a daily basis.
At least he's not an elected official or running for office.
Well, there is no doubt the entire Phelp's clan from Topeka,KS and their Westboro "church" is mentally ill so you lose on that point. While they spew hate I'm not certain they've partaken in actual death threats.

Have Michelle Bachmann or Sharon Angle tweeted death threats to DNC members of MSNBC? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies