Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 04:44 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,046,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You are right. We are Canadian and American. I live in America.

I heard Canada is more strict and so is Australia. Same for the USA, I hope.
US,...., good immigration policy. Hah, tell that to Arizona.

Quote:
For sure, it is. You are 100 percent right.

When a ship is sinking, do you put more people on it? No, right? The USA is a sinking ship...

The states is one big sinking ship indeed.

If you canucks were as happy go lucky with the border as here, I'd jump ship a long time ago.

Quote:
Certain parts of Canada are getting like this too just like the USA.
I did notice that Canadian vibe seemed different the last time i was there.

It was around the time I starting hearing about how they wanted to tweak the system toward more skilled workers and less family reunification unless it was a close member like a spouse or child.

Seriously we could learn a lot from our neighbor up north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 04:45 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Quote:
Born in CANADA. Let me say it again, Born in CANADA. Indian by race but American in heart and soul. Not from third world trash India.

Do I have to spell it out for you? There you go. If you don't get it by now, then I don't know what to say.

There is no reason to allow people from other countries here. None. Especially with their little 3rd world standards.

So essentially SOMEONE in your lineage presumably "came from one of those 3rd trash countries".............

It's not ME that's "not getting it"

Old 09-07-2010, 04:45 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I think you are a racist. If that makes you feel better...Finally you are just like white people. Being called racist all the time. Does this feel good? Do you finally feel accepted?

Are you really attacking this person and calling them a racist just because they don't agree with you?

Old 09-07-2010, 04:50 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Are you really attacking this person and calling them a racist just because they don't agree with you?
Hahah, thank you. But don't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I think you are a racist. If that makes you feel better...Finally you are just like white people. Being called racist all the time. Does this feel good? Do you finally feel accepted?
Awesome. No I can sleep better at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
People come here from India. I've worked with quite a few of them. Many of these people are educated and have their own businesses. In many cases the percentage of Indian Americans with college degrees exceeds people born here. Also while you care condemning people from "Third World Countries". The immigrant group with the highest level of college graduates and highest per capita income is from AFRICA.
If they are so educated and oh so great, why don't they work to improve their country? Why come here? Why not take their loyalty of their homeland and improve it? Why come to America and cry about how much they hate it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
US,...., good immigration policy. Hah, tell that to Arizona.

The states is one big sinking ship indeed.

If you canucks were as happy go lucky with the border as here, I'd jump ship a long time ago.
The USA needs to watch what Canada is doing and become more stricter as well. No doubt about it.

We are sinking faster that the Titanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So essentially SOMEONE in your lineage presumably "came from one of those 3rd trash countries".............

Yes, they did. Still don't get it?

Old 09-07-2010, 04:53 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:

I would take this to mean that although he is Indian, he has taken a responsible approach to life and takes offense to those who don't. We are not identified as infants all our lives if we chose to grow up.

All the lineage crap these days is just that...crap. We are who we are. Another way of blaming someone else for our problems instead of being responsible.

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 09-07-2010 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: add

Old 09-07-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I would take this to mean that although he is Indian, he has taken a responsible approach to life and takes offense to those who don't. We are not identified as infants all our lives if we chose to grow up.

All the lineage crap these days is just that...crap. We are who we are. Another way of blaming someone else for our problems instead of being responsible.

No, it just means that is was "okay" for HER ancestors to emigrate from what she calls a "3rd trash country" but not for others...........self delusion abounds.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:57 PM

Anyway, back on topic - I think it's good idea for the USA to take a good hard look at what has happened in other countries who have gone down the "temporary guest worker" route before we end up in the self same situation.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:01 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
I lived in Germany for 18 years and saw much about the German/Turkish situation.
Seems like many posters forgot that many of the same conditions (uneducated, unproductive, fast breeding) happens right here in the USA, by those with Anglo-Saxon names (3rd or more generation) and have been born and raised in the USA.
Many Americans that fit the description live in urban environments and in the rural South. Anyone who ever done went fer a trip in da South wood know what I done ment. But many of dese peeples is white, patriotic, christian conservatives. Dey done wave da flag eviry day and be rite prowd to be American.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:04 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:

You are 100 percent correct.

Quote:
No, it just means that is was "okay" for HER ancestors to emigrate from what she calls a "3rd trash country" but not for others...........self delusion abounds.
You are 100 percent WRONG.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:13 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,046,032 times
Quote:
Anyway, back on topic - I think it's good idea for the USA to take a good hard look at what has happened in other countries who have gone down the "temporary guest worker" route before we end up in the self same situation.
Thing is, like you say they are different countries each with their own immigration idiosyncrasies.

With some nations, one or both your parents have to be a citizen for you to automatically be granted citizenship by birth.

So an immigrant could have been born in the nation but still considered a non-citizen.

Canada just recently ran a limited guest worker program for low skilled temporary guest workers, I believe.

If there is any example to follow, then I feel the canucks are among the best.

And for God's sake, where've you been man?

Some of the deadliest war zones on the planet are a hop and a skip away from our southern borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies