Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:25 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

Oh please! Bill was just over-extending himself. No harm. No foul. The only person Bill was responsible to was his wife, what's his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
.....ummmm, Monica didn't have a vote. I would have thought an intellectually elite leftist would have known that.

The impropriety, malfeasance and purgery belonged to the later to be impeached President William Jefferson Clinton who shamed office of the President by having an adulterous sexual affair with a subordinate intern in the Oval Office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 11:29 AM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
.....ummmm, Monica didn't have a vote. I would have thought an intellectually elite leftist would have known that.

The impropriety, malfeasance and purgery belonged to the later to be impeached President William Jefferson Clinton who shamed office of the President by having an adulterous sexual affair with a subordinate intern in the Oval Office.
did kennedy "shame' the office as well? clinton and kennedy cheated in the white house on their wives, they are the only ones who should care.
pot should have been legal and taxed long ago

Old 09-09-2010, 11:34 AM

I'm sick and tired of all of these people who have puritanical morality shoved up their rear end. Bill did this. Bill did that. Bill is fat. Bill had a heart attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
did kennedy "shame' the office as well? clinton and kennedy cheated in the white house on their wives, they are the only ones who should care.
pot should have been legal and taxed long ago

Old 09-09-2010, 12:14 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I have no problem with the personal use of marajuana, but I don't think it belongs around the office. However, I don't think alcohol belongs around the office either but a quick look back into the recent past, or an episode of Mad Men, makes me realize that it's not quite the controversy we think it is.

This guy is guilty because marajauna is illegal, beyond that it's a toss up.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:32 PM

So. He is guilty? Are you going to throw him into a vat of hot lava? LOL j/k
Remember the days when homosexual sex was "illegal." You can literally give someone a silent call and that can be considered illegal "harassment." I guess people need to sit in prison for 30 days to think about what they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

This guy is guilty because marajauna is illegal
, beyond that it's a toss up.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
ohh no anther story about that evil weed, like we don't have more important things to worry about like the crashing economy..

just legalize it and it wont be news anymore..
It's only a big deal because of his boss' anti-weed position. If Boxer was pro-legalization this would be nobody's business. But hypocrites NEED to be called out.

Legalize it, definitely. That goes without saying.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
[LEFT]A senior aide for Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) was arrested Tuesday morning for attempting to bring marijuana into the Hart Senate Office Building, according to U.S. Capitol Police reports.

Read more: Barbara Boxer aide charged with possession of pot - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

Wonder how many times he was high while working for her?

Wonder who else is getting high or could be high while working
[/LEFT]

As a pretty Conservative thinker, I say, ...so.

Pot should be legal and people should be free to make their own educated choices about it, just like alcohol and everything else that life throws at them.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:31 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times
I don't know which is stronger, nor which way to go with this one. is my like of pot stronger than my dislike of Boxer?

Old 09-09-2010, 02:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
So. He is guilty? Are you going to throw him into a vat of hot lava? LOL j/k
Remember the days when homosexual sex was "illegal." You can literally give someone a silent call and that can be considered illegal "harassment." I guess people need to sit in prison for 30 days to think about what they did.
Wait! I didn't say anything about punishment! I was just stating that he is guilty of breaking the law because currently the law states marajauna is illegal. That is something you just can't argue about. Now, whether is should be illegal is a whole different matter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies