Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 01:46 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering what exactly do democrats like?

They certainly don't like republicans, conservatives, or Christians.

The don't seem to like capitalism, rich people or sometimes it seems any people who disagree with their views.

They don't seem to like talk show hosts, any network that doesn't spew leftie doctrine. They don't seem to like the southern part of the U.S or anyone who resides there.

Can someone share with me what exactly dems like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 02:02 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,854,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post

The don't seem to like capitalism, rich people or sometimes it seems any people who disagree with their views.

They don't seem to like talk show hosts, any network that doesn't spew leftie doctrine. They don't seem to like the southern part of the U.S or anyone who resides there.

I'm a democrat I suppose....well more independent but leaning left.

I like republicans and conservatives, because the make up most of my direct (parents, sister) and indirect (uncles, grandparents, etc) most of my family.

I like Christians because I don't hate myself, or my family.

I like rich people, because my uncle is pretty well off.

I can like anyone who disagrees with my views as long as they don't resort to making broad generalizations or name calling.

Agreed, I'm not a big fan of talk shows, of any kind whether they be political (left or right) or just entertainment. I prefer shows on the discovery channel. I don't really like any television news networks but I will give equal time to watching MSNBC and Fox News just to see what everyone is saying.

I also like cooking, hiking out in the mountains (which unfortunately there aren't many of in northern Illinois) and debating with friends or strangers.

Thread fail.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:08 PM

126 posts, read 231,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post

I like republicans and conservatives, because the make up most of my direct (parents, sister) and indirect (uncles, grandparents, etc) most of my family.

I can like anyone who disagrees with my views as long as they don't resort to making broad generalizations or name calling.

Agreed, I'm not a big fan of talk shows, of any kind whether they be political (left or right) or just entertainment. I prefer shows on the discovery channel. I don't really like any television news networks but I will give equal time to watching MSNBC and Fox News just to see what everyone is saying.

I also like cooking, hiking out in the mountains (which unfortunately there aren't many of in northern Illinois) and debating with friends or strangers.

Thread fail.
It is so nice to see someone happy
I think we look at the extreme left that don't seem to like anything. I know a few people like that and they are never happy with any decisions that are made. I have to agree that I like and will listen to almost anyone's point of view. But it gets old when all you here is the complaints.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:10 PM

475 posts, read 571,471 times
Democrats like taking from people who have to give to those who want.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:13 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:

They LOVE other people's money.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
Democrats like taking from people who have to give to those who want.
I don't take anything from anyone unless I have earned it.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post

They LOVE other people's money.
Republicans enact taxes also, don't they?

Old 09-11-2010, 02:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:

I do not like people that have made their money from stealing, corruption, lying, bribery and at the expense of someone else's suffering. I don't believe that this should be at odds with what anyone else with a moral compass would feel on this issue. To say that a Democrat does not like Capitalism or making money is ignorant and absurd, to say the least. It's vulture Captalism that is abhorrent and no matter which party one supports, only an ignorant or very immature individual would not understand the difference between true Capitalism and the kind that promotes and proliferates greed, dishonesty and thievery.

BTW...there are many Christians that are Democrats.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:

Thread fail.
You were doing well (surprisingly so) until your last sentence.
Post fail.

I was pleasantly surprised by the initial tone of your post, even encouraged. thought we could have a friendly debate. Unfortunately resorted to type at last moment.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I don't take anything from anyone unless I have earned it.
Must not be a lefty then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies