Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 11:34 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,491 times

Advertisements

Obama said people must remember that the country's enemy is not Islam but al-Qaida and other extremist groups. He said Americans can't turn on each other and let their fears lead to divisions.

On the economy, Obama repeated his contention that Republican obstructionism is hampering his ability to steer the nation into a stronger recovery. He renewed his insistence that Senate Republicans drop their stalling of a bill before the Senate to help small businesses.

So here we have our POTUS saying what so many of us are experiencing and reiterating daily. Since 2001 Americans have become more and more divided. This can and will destroy the US.

So, most on the right have been contingent on the fact that the left was the problem during the Bush administration. Hampering Bush. The shoe just seems to be switching feet. Finger pointing, is getting us no where. Resistance among this administrative tug-of-war, has to stop.

While I'm one that most here know of my receding approval of Obama, believe me, this little schpeel has not helped in the least. I'm still very skeptical of his ability to stop being, what seems to be, for lack of a better word, rather wimpy.

I'm not sure where his loyalty lies, or what he is truly trying to accomplish here. So many things have been done for the 'bug-wigs' that have put us in this mess. His decisions of where that stimulus money should have gone has been a blowout. Knew it would be. It time that reality, 'trickle-down' into the hearts of all Americans.

It's very disheartening to see the consistent ridicule (on CD and mainstream media) of America's heartbeat... the working middle class. Yes, people with 'big money' are the people that start businesses. It's not hard or anywhere near 'right' for anyone to deny that it's the people hired within these businesses, that are the ones that keep these businesses in business.

Obama says voters may blame him for economy - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama - broken link)

Last edited by shroombeanie; 09-10-2010 at 11:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 11:38 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
I think the voters are fully aware of the disaster Obama is fomenting, and IMO the polls don't even begin to show the degree of anger in the country at this administration. Libs, it's time to grow up and stop blaming GWB.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:40 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
I'm glad to see he continually refuses to accept any culpability for the state of the nation. This is angering Americans to no end and will be his demise.

Maybe he wants people to believe he dropped into DC from a spaceship?

Old 09-10-2010, 11:44 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
His decisions of where that stimulus money should have gone has been a blowout.
Unfortunately, boatloads of that stimulus has gone to propping up his buddies in the unions, which is good for union workers, but unions don't create anything. They aren't engines of growth, they don't stimulate the economy.

Obama has made just about every bad economic decision possible - but that's what you get when you elect an academic with no real-world experience.

I can hardly wait for November.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:13 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I think the voters are fully aware of the disaster Obama is fomenting, and IMO the polls don't even begin to show the degree of anger in the country at this administration. Libs, it's time to grow up and stop blaming GWB.
Blaming, never gets anyone anywhere. Obama is just as guilty with the blame game. He, and others, seem to be focused on fault, not future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Unfortunately, boatloads of that stimulus has gone to propping up his buddies in the unions, which is good for union workers, but unions don't create anything. They aren't engines of growth, they don't stimulate the economy.

Obama has made just about every bad economic decision possible - but that's what you get when you elect an academic with no real-world experience.

I can hardly wait for November.
Once a hardcore supporter of BHO, I must agree that he has been far less than efficient. Academia, without real-world experience, IMO, is only half an education. Books are books. GPA's are GPA's. And in no way reflects experience.

A previous 'status' of mine read;

Education is important. Experience is essential.

An additional thought... Education without experience is just extensive book reading/studying and test taking. That alone does not constitute efficiency, and/or professionalism.

What happened to the POTUS getting professional advice from the experience of former POTUS Bill Clinton. He could sure use it.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
On the economy, Obama repeated his contention that Republican obstructionism is hampering his ability to steer the nation into a stronger recovery. He renewed his insistence that Senate Republicans drop their stalling of a bill before the Senate to help small businesses.
i kept wondering why the republicans are stalling the small business bill in the senate, turns out there was an amendment put in the bill in the senate that gives the government tarp like powers to take an ownership position in small businesses that take small business loans under the program. we have government taking too much ownership in private companies now, we dont need more of it.

Quote:
So here we have our POTUS saying what so many of us are experiencing and reiterating daily. Since 2001 Americans have become more and more divided. This can and will destroy the US.

So, most on the right have been contingent on the fact that the left was the problem during the Bush administration. Hampering Bush. The shoe just seems to be switching feet. Finger pointing, is getting us no where. Resistance among this administrative tug-of-war, has to stop.
part of the problem was that the liberals could not accept the fact that al gore lost the 2000 election.
Quote:
While I'm one that most here know of my receding approval of Obama, believe me, this little schpeel has not helped in the least. I'm still very skeptical of his ability to stop being, what seems to be, for lack of a better word, rather wimpy.

I'm not sure where his loyalty lies, or what he is truly trying to accomplish here. So many things have been done for the 'bug-wigs' that have put us in this mess. His decisions of where that stimulus money should have gone has been a blowout. Knew it would be. It time that reality, 'trickle-down' into the hearts of all Americans.
had the stimulus package really been for infrastructure improvements like he claimed it would be, i would have little objection to the program. FDR at least put spending into infrastructure development and improvement so that when the depression was over, the recovery would take off like a rocket.
Quote:
It's very disheartening to see the consistent ridicule (on CD and mainstream media) of America's heartbeat... the working middle class. Yes, people with 'big money' are the people that start businesses. It's not hard or anywhere near 'right' for anyone to deny that it's the people hired within these businesses, that are the ones that keep these businesses in business.

Obama says voters may blame him for economy - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama - broken link)
obama and the democrats made many mistakes dealing with the economic issues facing this country, and many of those mistakes are going to have far reaching consequences. i think the biggest problem is that he tried to do too much to quick, and he went too far left. his focus was also on the wrong things as well, and still is to a point.

Quote:
Blaming, never gets anyone anywhere. Obama is just as guilty with the blame game. He, and others, seem to be focused on fault, not future.
true.

Quote:
Once a hardcore supporter of BHO, I must agree that he has been far less than efficient. Academia, without real-world experience, IMO, is only half an education. Books are books. GPA's are GPA's. And in no way reflects experience.

A previous 'status' of mine read;

Education is important. Experience is essential.

An additional thought... Education without experience is just extensive book reading/studying and test taking. That alone does not constitute efficiency, and/or professionalism.

What happened to the POTUS getting professional advice from the experience of former POTUS Bill Clinton. He could sure use it.
again all true. as for not getting advice from clinton, i think that is the arrogance of obama showing through.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
I dunno..most all Dems are still on the "blame Bush" wagon.

Just remember..he has NO leadership experience under his belt.
This is OJT for him..sadly it's the most important job in the US.
He should have learned the ropes with mayor or governor. Then again, maybe the puppet handlers didn't want that and we have exactly what THEY want.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
I just hate anyone who refuses accountability. So easy is it not to just blame others, for your own inabilities. Obama appears to show signs of an ignorant arrogant pompas. By gosh he just may have this one right! what do you know.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:25 AM

563 posts, read 519,094 times
I fault Obama for not doing anything for the good of the Country!!!

Old 09-11-2010, 08:34 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Who is he trying to kid.

Most of us know this economy has become worse since he took over the controls and hired a team of economic experts.

Do not forget, we handed him an open checkbook and billions of dollars to stimulate the economy and what did he do? Wasted it away on projects that did not create jobs, did not help the economy one bit and caused us to be in one of the worse economic times in our lifetimes.

This is his economy, he owns it and was given a blank check to fix anything that was not going well. What he has done is stolen the American tax payers money and wasted it away with nothing but record foreclosures, bankruptcies, homeless etc.

He has lost 9 million jobs since he started stealing from us. When he said he will create 5 million new high paying jobs and unemployment would never go above 8%.

It is his baby and anyone with half a brain knows it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies