Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 12:55 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin Has Earned an Estimated $12 Million Since July
With A Steady Stream of Six-Figure Speaking Gigs, The Former Alaska Governor's Haul May Be Even Bigger

Pundits can debate the political costs and benefits of Sarah Palin's decision to step down as Alaska governor, but the monetary advantages of leaving her $125,000-a-year public service post are beyond dispute.
Sarah Palin Has Earned An Estimated $12 Million Since July - ABC News

Palin has proven a master at making her story sound quintessentially American when it can be proven, easily, that it is not. The clothing debacle damaged her a bit during the campaign -- but being a private citizen guarantees that she can now have her $12 million cake, and her fancy clothes and private jets, and eat it, too, outside the public sphere, while feeding them the story of her great, middle-American, regular-Jane rise.
Sarah Palin made $12 million in the last year - Saturn Smith - Open Salon

Which all goes to prove that only someone gullible enough to buy into the shallow Palin personna in the first place, would be gullible enough not to know why she quit her job...end of story!

BTW..is she still buying her clothes in that quaint little thrift shop up north?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
i LOVE PALIN SHE S A SAINT
Yep, another Mother Theresa. Then you should offer her your services and wash her feet.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:20 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Sarah Palin Has Earned an Estimated $12 Million Since July
With A Steady Stream of Six-Figure Speaking Gigs, The Former Alaska Governor's Haul May Be Even Bigger

Pundits can debate the political costs and benefits of Sarah Palin's decision to step down as Alaska governor, but the monetary advantages of leaving her $125,000-a-year public service post are beyond dispute.
Sarah Palin Has Earned An Estimated $12 Million Since July - ABC News

Palin has proven a master at making her story sound quintessentially American when it can be proven, easily, that it is not. The clothing debacle damaged her a bit during the campaign -- but being a private citizen guarantees that she can now have her $12 million cake, and her fancy clothes and private jets, and eat it, too, outside the public sphere, while feeding them the story of her great, middle-American, regular-Jane rise.
Sarah Palin made $12 million in the last year - Saturn Smith - Open Salon

Which all goes to prove that only someone gullible enough to buy into the shallow Palin personna in the first place, would be gullible enough not to know why she quit her job...end of story!

BTW..is she still buying her clothes in that quaint little thrift shop up north?
Too funny! Thanks to the rabid left, doing their very best to keep her name in the spotlight almost two years later..she truly is laughing all the way to the bank.

Because if not for the vitriole and level of venom aimed at Palin (then and now), she simply would have been another ex-Vice President wannabe.

But now every tweet that makes front page of the HuffPo, every slam piece in Vanity Fair is accompanied the the sound of her coffers expanding. Gotta love the irony!

Old 09-12-2010, 01:23 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
If you've read some of my prior posts you'll see that I'm one of the more vocal in my disdain for Palin. My comment on the "blame Bush" game was a broader statement on the irony of the post that triggered my statement and was not in itself a reference to Palin. Moreover the thought of Palin on any national ticket in 2012 is enough to keep me awake nights (though I suspect it was the Dr. Pepper last night that kept me up).

Here's the statement I found ironic: "Is that your retort to a criticism of Palin, Obam, blah blah blah, Obama, blah blah blah. Seems like that is the only defense Palinites have against criticism, is to bring up someone else."

A liberal, making that statement, when all we've seen from Obama for two years is blaming Bush and criticism of Obama is automatically called racism by the Obamazombies, made me laugh, so I responded accordingly. My making this statement does not a Palin supporter make me, and was indeed kind of off topic.

There's a lot of people who truly believe that George W. left this country in absolute tatters, so I think that in that respect, some of the comparisons are valid. And Presidents are often compared to those who served before them and often blamed them for whatever the current mess du jour might be. W. was pretty guilty of that himself.

The other comparison...just isn't linear or rational

Last edited by Metlakatla; 09-12-2010 at 01:32 PM..

Old 09-12-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Too funny! Thanks to the rabid left, doing their very best to keep her name in the spotlight almost two years later..she truly is laughing all the way to the bank.

Because if not for the vitriole and level of venom aimed at Palin (then and now), she simply would have been another ex-Vice President wannabe.

But now every tweet that makes front page of the HuffPo, every slam piece in Vanity Fair is accompanied the the sound of her coffers expanding. Gotta love the irony!
Nah, she was being pushed ( by herself mainly) to stay in the limelight. Every opportunity that presented itself to put her crooked mouth to a microphone or her mug in a camera , she seized upon. Palin is the one that is rabid...to keep media attention. No matter what the issue and who it concerned, she'd be twittering about it like a bona fide twit, until someone noticed. If she depended upon intelligent people instead of her whacko fans to pay to attend her unmemorable ditzy appearnaces or to buy her ghost written and inconsequential books, she'd starve. She is laughning all the away to the bank, but not on the dime of anyone that has any sense. She's laughing at the expense of her sheep like following. I was raised not to envy anybody and I certainly do not envy a woman that gave birth to a down syndrome child. I'm sure that Palin would give all of her new found wealth to have her child totally well. At least I think that she would. Money is not everything, but getting back to the point of the thread...why she quit.

What did anyone expct Palin to say when she quit? "I'm quitting, good people of Alaska, because I can make millions doing what I do best, promoting myself, therefore to stay and govern would be quite tedious and not financially advantageous. Thank you and farewell."

Really now!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-12-2010 at 02:34 PM..

Old 09-12-2010, 01:52 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
There's a lot of people who truly believe that George W. left this country in absolute tatters, so I think that in that respect, some of the comparisons are valid. And Presidents are often compared to those who served before them and often blamed them for whatever the current mess du jour might be. W. was pretty guilty of that himself.

The other comparison...just isn't linear or rational
I honestly do not recall a president blaming their predecessor as much as Obama has done. It's been damn near nonstop for two years. Not saying it wasn't done but it certainly wasn't as rampant as Obama as far as I can recall.

I'm not following you, what other comparison?

Old 09-12-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Nah, she was being pushed ( by herself mainly) to stay in the limelight. Every opportunity that presented itself to put her crooked mouth to a microphone or her mug in a camera , she seized upon. Palin is the one that is rabid...to keep media attention. If she depended upon intelligent people instead of her whacko fans to pay to attend her unmemorable ditzy appearnaces or to buy her ghost written and inconsequential books, she'd starve. She is laughning all the away to the bank, but not on the dime of anyone that has any sense. She's laughing at the expense of her sheep like following. I was raised not to envy anybody and I certainly do not envy a woman that gave birth to a down syndrome child. I'm sure that Palin would give all of her new found wealth to have her child totally well. At least I think that she would. Money is not everything, but getting back to the point of the thread...why she quit.

What did anyone expct Palin to say when she quit? "I'm quitting, good people of Alaska, because I can make millions doing what I do best, promoting myself, therefore to stay and govern would be quite tedious and not financially advantageous. Thank you and farewell."

Really now!
Really, you're being far too modest. Give yourself, and others like you, the credit you deserve. You've kept a previously minor political figure front and center. And made her very, very wealthy in the process.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:02 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I honestly do not recall a president blaming their predecessor as much as Obama has done. It's been damn near nonstop for two years. Not saying it wasn't done but it certainly wasn't as rampant as Obama as far as I can recall.

I'm not following you, what other comparison?
Perhaps that's because no other President has stepped into such an awful mess as the one that Bush left.

The other comparison would be the often heard Palin/Obama one.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Really, you're being far too modest. Give yourself, and others like you, the credit you deserve. You've kept a previously minor political figure front and center. And made her very, very wealthy in the process.
What's the matter, the truth of my post was to much to swallow?

Old 09-12-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
What's the matter, the truth of my post was to much to swallow?
What truth is that? That Palin has a large fan base..true. Want to call then 'whackos', ignorant..that's not truth. That's your opinion. I happen to think those still clinging to "Hope and Change" are delusional...but that's an opinion, not fact.

What you can't acknowledge is that base grew as a direct result of the attention paid to her by the left. Without that constant attention, again, she's would have slid quietly back to Alaska after the election.

So seriously...give yourself some credit. In these tough economic times, you've created a millionare!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies