Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 06:46 AM

8,650 posts, read 17,289,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
For a second I thought this was a racist thread.
Me too....LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 07:25 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,199,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Never murdered a pregnant secretary to cover up an affair, got tossed out of college for academic dishonesty, impeached for lying under oath, filibustered civil rights legislation or belonged to the Klan!

Your turn.
Care to tell me who did those things? The last two are Byrd, now dead, and a throwback to a different era.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:38 AM

23,741 posts, read 17,411,160 times
Default chameleon Coons

Heard Coons making his case and thought he was a Tparty influenced Repub. If he continues to wear that disguise he might fool some voters. He is certainly living up to Pelosi's comment that you really can't take what a campaigning politician says while running for election.

Elect the Marxist so he can join the other PO Marxists and you won't have to worrry about witchcraft or gun ownership very soon.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:08 AM

23,741 posts, read 17,411,160 times
Default voodoo economics and more

So who has a problem with Obama practicing voodoo economics?

How about the Catholics that eat Christ's body and drink His blood when they receive Him in communion?

Catholics that believe in plenary indulgence for acts and prayers performed to reduce their time in Purgatory.

Are they next to be persecuted for their bizarre beliefs?

The Jews assign a person to watch over the dead body to keep evil spirits away. So what does the guy do when an evil spirit shows up to claim the body?

Pope says, lust, even for your wife is forbidden.

Any elected officials Catholic or Jewish? Are their beliefs too radical for the 'new mainstream' minority electorate?

So a high schooler who dabbles in witchcraft after viewing popular made for tv movies where teenage girls dabble in witchcraft is a career ender?

Using an ineffective set of standards which largely becomes ignored for a favorite candidate, the US electorate has successfully enabled generations of chronicaly corrupt government representatives to bring our country to its knees.

It is time to change our standards to achieve different results. O'Donnell will be that effort.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:21 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,199,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So who has a problem with Obama practicing voodoo economics?

How about the Catholics that eat Christ's body and drink His blood when they receive Him in communion?

Catholics that believe in plenary indulgence for acts and prayers performed to reduce their time in Purgatory.

Are they next to be persecuted for their bizarre beliefs?

The Jews assign a person to watch over the dead body to keep evil spirits away. So what does the guy do when an evil spirit shows up to claim the body?

Pope says, lust, even for your wife is forbidden.

Any elected officials Catholic or Jewish? Are their beliefs too radical for the 'new mainstream' minority electorate?

So a high schooler who dabbles in witchcraft after viewing popular made for tv movies where teenage girls dabble in witchcraft is a career ender?

Using an ineffective set of standards which largely becomes ignored for a favorite candidate, the US electorate has successfully enabled generations of chronicaly corrupt government representatives to bring our country to its knees.

It is time to change our standards to achieve different results. O'Donnell will be that effort.
While I agree, I can just imagine the uproar if Coons were the witchcraft-dabbler.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:29 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,852,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
For a second I thought this was a racist thread.

i did too i was about to air his ass out

Old 09-21-2010, 12:32 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,071,030 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP_wx...layer_embedded

If Christine O'Donnell could make a House (of Representatives) drop on the witch of a Speaker Pelosi I'd have no problem with that whatsoever.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,250,818 times
He said... She said... and Harry Reid said, 'He's my pet....'

Old 09-21-2010, 02:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,379,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuendel View Post
So you endorse the use of lies in political campaigns?
I don't think I said that. I intended only to say this is the time of every second year when this kind of crap floats freely. Do you know a campaign that never lied? I don't.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:19 PM

37,840 posts, read 41,197,341 times
That was the title of his thesis about himself. “Chris Coons: The Making of a Bearded Marxist.” What is it with these people who go to Kenya?

Since the Senate doesn't usually vote on witchcraft or masturbation issues but the do vote on issues related to the administration's desire to redistribute wealth, I'm with the teenage witch dabbler.

here's a good one on Coons:

"What was Chris Coons doing in his twenties?

Answer? He was in Africa volunteering for the South African Council of Churches, a group that holds to the self-same Black Liberation Theology philosophy preached by James Cone and Jeremiah Wright. The philosophy that has at its core the principles of "Marxism dressed up as Christianity." The philosophy that is at the very heart of the Obama administration and its actions since taking office two years ago."

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/0...for-libe/print

Last edited by LauraC; 09-21-2010 at 04:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies