Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 08:05 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,587,064 times

Advertisements

Jury finds Christian missionaries not guilty of breaching peace at Dearborn Arab festival | MLive.com

What do you have to say about this? I say that if Arabs in Dearborn, Michigan can go around preaching about their disgusting, sexist, backwards cult religion, why can't Christians talk about their religion?

From what I saw, the Christians had some pretty good questions to ask Muslims and the Muslims got pretty upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 10:34 PM

767 posts, read 490,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Jury finds Christian missionaries not guilty of breaching peace at Dearborn Arab festival | MLive.com

What do you have to say about this? I say that if Arabs in Dearborn, Michigan can go around preaching about their disgusting, sexist, backwards cult religion, why can't Christians talk about their religion?

From what I saw, the Christians had some pretty good questions to ask Muslims and the Muslims got pretty upset.
So Arabs = Muslim? I could be wrong, but it appears as though some of the Christian missionaries are of Arab descent.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:50 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,430,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
So Arabs = Muslim? I could be wrong, but it appears as though some of the Christian missionaries are of Arab descent.

You are correct Sid2001 that not all cars are chevys, but Theliberalvoice was referring only to the intolerant Muslims who all happened to be Arabs.

Anyways, this is great news.

Thanks for staying on top of it Theliberalvoice.

Sorry I couldn't rep you again. I owe you one.

I wonder if the DPD will end the harassment now.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:51 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,317,774 times
Why am I not surprised at who started this thread?
Obsessed much?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:54 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,999,013 times
Quote:

It doesn't really get into the legal specifics. Did the evangelists enter a blocked off area for which the Muslims obtained a a city permit for? Did they refuse to leave?

If so they likely did breach the peace and should have been convicted.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,959 times
Quote:

See!!!! The system worked. Even with the Obama Administration.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You are correct Sid2001 that not all cars are chevys, but Theliberalvoice was referring only to the intolerant Muslims who all happened to be Arabs.
The thread was presented as Arabs versus Christians. Two of the Christians arrested are of Arab descent.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
See!!!! The system worked. Even with the Obama Administration.

Check out this quote from Mayor O'Reilly,

"It's really about a hatred of Muslims," he said. "That is what the whole heart of this is. ... Their idea is that there is no place for Muslims in America. They fail to understand the Constitution."

Actually Mayor O'Reilly, there is no place in America for Muslims who think they can come here and ignore our Constitution and the rights of the individual because they clash with Islam.

I hope they get a huge award. No one should have to go through what they did because they exercised their First Amendment rights.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:13 PM

"The thread was presented as Arabs versus Christians."

Mmm, actually no...

Old 09-27-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"The thread was presented as Arabs versus Christians."

Mmm, actually no...
MMM, yes

Quote:

The fest was referred to as an Arab fest and not a Muslim fest, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies