Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,076,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No I wouldn't. People make mistakes.

And my baby sitter isn't a faithful employee of 25 years who depends on that income to support a family.

Suspension without pay along with drug would be the right thing to do.

I'm sure that seems real "radical" and "liberal" to real right wing tough Americans..
What would a baby sitter have to do in order to get fired?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:25 PM

767 posts, read 490,339 times
Quote:

And my baby sitter isn't a faithful employee of 25 years who depends on that income to support a family.

Suspension without pay along with drug would be the right thing to do.

I'm sure that seems real "radical" and "liberal" to real right wing tough Americans..
I guess I'm not phased by drinking during lunch. When I was in Italy I'd see dozens of employees drinking wine during their lunch break. I also regularly see executives drinking during lunch at restaurants. Never gave it much thought. I guess that makes me a drunk. Cheers.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:27 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,996,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's a policy put in place since before I ever got hired.
Know the rules and know what happens when you break the rules.
It IS as simple at that.

Maybe you have never worked for a big corporation ?
I do work for a big corporation and if I was caught at work drunk it is their policy for the first offense to grant paid medical leave with drug and alcohol counseling. My union bargained for that along with a lucrative pension, pay and benefits.

Instead of trying to tear us down, why don't you work for a country where your kids can have that?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,589,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
I guess I'm not phased by drinking during lunch. When I was in Italy I'd see dozens of employees drinking wine during their lunch break. I also regularly see executives drinking during lunch at restaurants. Never gave it much thought. I guess that makes me a drunk. Cheers.
Customs are different in America. Corporations have different policies as well. They are all explained to you when you get hired and you even sign papers to that effect.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Oh, I'm no puritan, but those Obama employees deserved it.

Screw the UAW!

Old 09-27-2010, 09:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,589,524 times
Quote:
I do work for a big corporation and if I was caught at work drunk it is their policy for the first offense to grant paid medical leave with drug and alcohol counseling. My union bargained for that.
And that says it all.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I do work for a big corporation and if I was caught at work drunk it is their policy for the first offense to grant paid medical leave with drug and alcohol counseling. My union bargained for that.
That's yet another reason that unions suck.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:32 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,636,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
What would a baby sitter have to do in order to get fired?
'suzie, you decapitated my dog?!!
oh well. we all make mistakes.
see ya friday at 9!'

Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 PM

767 posts, read 490,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Customs are different in America. Corporations have different policies as well. They are all explained to you when you get hired and you even sign papers to that effect.
Customs change. I hear stories from old timers who tell me that people once drank during lunch time and no one made a big deal. Doctors once smoked in their office in front of patients, attorney's would offer a shot of bourbon to their clients. I once saw an old sign in an old fashion gym that read, beers 50 cents. Could you imagine getting a beer at Bally's? Times have changed.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,450,263 times
Quote:

Suspension without pay along with drug counseling would be the right thing to do.

Sorry, but I'm for a zero tolerance policy for drinking on the job in any manufacturing facility, and I'm no rightwinger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies