Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 01:20 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,199,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
We mainly use it because we know it pisses you people off and marginalizes you. Nothing makes our day more than seeing a teabagger all apoplectic and red faced, foaming at the mouth at some imagined slur on their integrity. You can sure dish it out but you can't take it.

Politics is a bare knuckled, mean spirited, dismantling of the opposition. And then there's the ugly side of it.
No that's not it .
On this Forum people have been suspended for typing the words *** or cracker and other harmless words . Libs go on and on with this lewd word and its OK . If I don't post for three days its for this post I am taking a chance on now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 02:48 PM

37,953 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
We mainly use it because we know it pisses you people off and marginalizes you. Nothing makes our day more than seeing a teabagger all apoplectic and red faced, foaming at the mouth at some imagined slur on their integrity. You can sure dish it out but you can't take it.

Politics is a bare knuckled, mean spirited, dismantling of the opposition. And then there's the ugly side of it.
sure why not name call instead of discussing the issues. Oh that's right, the issues your party pushes are failures.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:04 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,301,909 times
"Hate speech" is a little extreme, don't you think?

Since when does the left have a monopoly on catty epithets? Someone should tell Ann Coulter. She'll have to find another line of work or switch parties.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:08 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,096,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
It's been pointed out many times on this forum that FOX News were the first to use the term.

and you have always been wrong. Fox News said tea bagging. The homosexuals and the spiteful, hateful and devient left used teabagging.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:11 PM

38,007 posts, read 22,187,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
With all the words and labels that are considered hate speech and slurs in today's world, why have liberals taken to the double entendre term "Teabaggers" to show their HATE of the Tea Party Movement.

Just watch the smirks and smiles as liberal commentators use the term to describe a political movement.

Even this Forum puts up with this term for now as acceptable. No asterisks on the above term. Come on liberals lets hear your rationalizations for the term in question. Get ready for the hate because here it comes.

Even our wonderful President likes to use the term describing the oral fondling of male genitalia. Thanks for the change Mr President. I guess if the Pres can use the term its not hate speech yet.

Obama Calls Tea Partiers 'Tea-Baggers' | The Atlantic Wire

I guess its sticks and stones for the Teabaggers but libelous slander for the "you decide"
They have the word ***** blocked on these forums, a word that is used to describe something odd, or peculiar, it rhymes with leer. But teabagger which we all know what sexual act it refers to, that is okay, but a legitimate word to describe an odd or funny situation is blocked.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,910,690 times
I've never used the term. I don't personally find it offensive, but I recognize that many people are offended by the term, so I don't use it. Never have. It's counter-productive to having real conversations with people, and that's what I try to do on this forum.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:17 PM

37,953 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Considering I would know, since Dad lived through stock market crash and FDR recovery firsthand
lol because your dad lived through it means so much more than the economists who have since written on it. You don't get it and probably never will. Read a current book about FDRs failed policies during the depression and how the dems helped stop the nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Of course, he is also the first one ever to tell me that REPUBLICANS use "lib...urrr...al" as a derogatory term.

And I gotta ask, you are giving up your Social Security and Medicare when you come of age, right?
I'll include unemployment.
Unemployment, nope never have
SS, probably BUT I wont live long enough to get my money back. SS isnt a make or break thing for me. Through solid decisions and planning, I've provided for my retirement.
Medicare, probably but I haven't been to the hospital since I was a kid

Pay attention now because you don't seem to follow very well. ALL of those things people have been FORCED to pay into and they deserve to get their money out of it. Why would you speak out against someone who pays into something and wants something in return? Like I said, I don't think you get it.

I wish I had a chance to opt out of this stuff and use MY money as I see fit. I would have saved even more than I have now. But because we have people, who refuse to take personal responsibility like an adult, I am stuck once again paying into an inefficient, costly government run program.
You want the government to take care of you from cradle to grave. I want something that works well and that I believe in. Me!

Old 09-29-2010, 03:17 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,465,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
They have the word ***** blocked on these forums, a word that is used to describe something odd, or peculiar, it rhymes with leer. But teabagger which we all know what sexual act it refers to, that is okay, but a legitimate word to describe an odd or funny situation is blocked.
I personally didn't know what that means and I am not some 70 year old grandma. I found it out when people were offended by it and I didn't know why. I don't use it anymore but I think these people need to get over it.
Are you really that insecure of your own sexuality that you are scared being called a tea******?

Old 09-29-2010, 03:19 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,793,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
With all the words and labels that are considered hate speech and slurs in today's world, why have liberals taken to the double entendre term "Teabaggers" to show their HATE of the Tea Party Movement.

Just watch the smirks and smiles as liberal commentators use the term to describe a political movement.

Even this Forum puts up with this term for now as acceptable. No asterisks on the above term. Come on liberals lets hear your rationalizations for the term in question. Get ready for the hate because here it comes.

Even our wonderful President likes to use the term describing the oral fondling of male genitalia. Thanks for the change Mr President. I guess if the Pres can use the term its not hate speech yet.

Obama Calls Tea Partiers 'Tea-Baggers' | The Atlantic Wire

I guess its sticks and stones for the Teabaggers but libelous slander for the "you decide"
If a black man self identifies himself as 'n*gger' does he have the right to claim discrimination or sue for slander if someone calls him that? Tea Party self identified ignorantly, but once you open that door blaming others for your own ignorance isn't anyone else's fault. I don't want to hear it. Case dismissed.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:21 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,465,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Oh wait. You are the user that instead of writing Obama, you write 0bama.

Not a big fan of Obama, but THIS is childish. If you don't show respect to other users (that support Obama) by spelling his name correctly, then why should anyone respect you?
Disagreeing with politicians is one thing, spelling their names incorrectly is childish and annyoing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies