Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 PM

767 posts, read 489,477 times

Advertisements

Yesterday on his radio show, Beck and Gray not only defended the fire department's refusal to save the Cranick's house, but they also accused Cranick of "sponging" off his neighbors -- all the while mocking and ridiculing Cranick's rural accent. He said Cranick was "sponging" off his neighbors.

Glenn Beck on Gene Cranick's Home Burning Down: Firefighters Were Right to Let it Burn

Bob Cesca: Glenn Beck Mocks Fire Victims, Reaches New Depths of Awfulness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 08:21 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Yesterday on his radio show, Beck and Gray not only defended the fire department's refusal to save the Cranick's house, but they also accused Cranick of "sponging" off his neighbors -- all the while mocking and ridiculing Cranick's rural accent. He said Cranick was "sponging" off his neighbors.

Glenn Beck on Gene Cranick's Home Burning Down: Firefighters Were Right to Let it Burn

Bob Cesca: Glenn Beck Mocks Fire Victims, Reaches New Depths of Awfulness
Are you surprised? Beck is part of the "Hooray for me, to hell with you" school of thought. He and the rest of the Republican Tea Party shills are the epitome of self-serving gluttons.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:23 PM

767 posts, read 489,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Are you surprised? Beck is part of the "Hooray for me, to hell with you" school of thought. He and the rest of the Republican Tea Party shills are the epitome of self-serving gluttons.
But Beck criticizes "elitists" who look down upon poor people. Remember he made such a big deal over Obama's "guns and bibles" comment, calling him an elitist and racist. He would never make fun of someone who has a rural or southern accent

Old 10-06-2010, 08:23 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Listen to the man himself:

YouTube - Keith Olbermann Interviews Man Whose House Burned as Fire Department Watched

Old 10-06-2010, 08:31 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
This is generally "local" news, and has been thoroughly covered by area stations. The poor guy just forgot to pay the $75...clearly he earned having his life ruined. He offered the FF who arrived to safeguard his neighbors' homes and fields $500 cash, and still they refused to help because it was "too late." People seem to have lost all sense of compassion.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:39 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This is generally "local" news, and has been thoroughly covered by area stations. The poor guy just forgot to pay the $75...clearly he earned having his life ruined. He offered the FF who arrived to safeguard his neighbors' homes and fields $500 cash, and still they refused to help because it was "too late." People seem to have lost all sense of compassion.
You have a source that states that?

Old 10-06-2010, 08:42 PM

10 posts, read 42,025 times
No compassion is the moral code of the teabaggin' kkklucker republikans. "Hooray for me, *********" or "The poor must die" or any other codewords they may have. beckkk is an idiot. An egomaniac to boot. Notice he's like druggie limbaugh, stays away from real news organizations or any news organization that isn't controlled by Fox (not the ) News. ;-)

Old 10-06-2010, 09:01 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
You have a source that states that?
Actually, I saw him interviewed on WPSD, out of Paducah, Kentucky last night. Here's a link to a clip; although it wasn't the one that I saw, the specifics are the same. This is the naked face of a tragedy that could have been prevented. And Beck's sidekick can kiss my drawling pink butt!

WPSD Local 6 - News, Sports, Weather - Paducah KY

Old 10-06-2010, 09:53 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,894 times
Sweet. According to the brain trust here I can get into a car accident THEN get insurance which should cover it, right? Home owner failed. If I failed to pay my insurance, should I be able to take retroactive coverage? Nope. How about I just mosey on down the the Bentley lot, grab one of them. I can pay later, right?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:57 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Keith O is a complete retard, the homeowner paid NO TAXES to cover any fire protection services because there are NO TAXES to be paid based on the home's address. The $75 fee isn't on top of any tax, there is no tax and the homeowner is lucky that the small city fire department even offers them the option of paying $75 for fire services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies