Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
If we legalize marriage for homosexual couples all throughout the country, then shortly after polygamists would likely be fighting to legalize polygamy saying that they're not treated like equals in our society. There has recently been a fight by polygamist and homosexuals in Canada to legalize polygamy there, which could be a possibility. If polygamy does get legalized, that may eventually mean that we would have to legalize all sorts of marriages of any kinds of beings with any amounts. Does that mean we would have to legalize marriages between humans and animals, or humans and robots or marriages between animals and robots or marriages between animals? Or how about allow women to have multiple husbands and allow marriages between siblings, brother and brother, or sister and brother or sister and sister or let all of the siblings form one big polygamy marriage group. Or get rid of the minimum marrying age to allow people of all ages to get married without their parents' permission and allow marriages between 90 year olds to 10 year olds. Then allow marriages between sons and mothers or sons and father or marriages between nieces and uncles or grandparents with their grand kids all because "love is love"?

The list just goes on and on. What I'm saying is, if one group fights for marriage "equality" and marriages for them become legalized, then all sorts of other people and groups will want to fight for that too. And homosexual people are allowed to get married, just not to people of their gender though.

So, that's why I believe in marriage being between one man and one woman and are not blood related in any way. But unfortunately, about 40% of marriages eventually end in divorce, but that's a whole other story though.

You people can bash me and call me old fashioned and bigoted or whatever. But this is how I feel about this topic, you may disagree and that's perfectly fine with me.
Fine.
Lets abolish the entire notion of marriage.

You say you can't draw the line as to who should be allowed to get married, and those who have the right just end it divorce anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 09:04 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
If we legalize marriage for homosexual couples all throughout the country, then shortly after polygamists would likely be fighting to legalize polygamy........

ZZZZzzzZZZzzzzzZZZZZ....oh wha what? Oh I thought you were gonna contribute a new and interesting take on this debate. Nevermind, same old tired argument. These slippery slopes crack me up. The fact that you can't even see the error in your argument is beyond comprehension.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:08 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
I believe you can love anyone you want , but you don't have sex with someone of the same sex. It is not natural.

So sick of these buzz words like homophobic, as if there was something wrong with us not accepting the unnatural idea of men with men , and women with women .

Marriage was created by God for one woman and one man. So why do the gays want to get married ? Because they created their own version of who God is and ignor what God says is right.

Many did not create in themselves the fruit of knowledge and self control leading them astray into what they cannot control. They are lost and cannot find the truth as they are blinded by their beliefs and created a world of gayness as an identity.
Some can find their way out if they truly want to find their true self. I personally know a few who have.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:24 PM

God is in man and man was created in God's image. We didn't get here on our own and we didn't create anything without our creator.

Man without God will always run into trouble. Without God , the protection of man , the world and its own devices will kill , steal and destroy mankind.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:30 PM

You have your belief system. You put yourself higher than God who knows all. That is your right. God did not make us robots. We have a choice of what we believe. God gave man a free will to believe or reject him.

It is plain , you made your choice but one always have the ablility to believe what they want to believe.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:52 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,035,277 times
Just get rid of marriage altogether. It's an antiquated concept of power, wealth and possession. Ditch it.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:54 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times

Old 09-30-2010, 10:03 PM

Yes, people do need direction. Making fun of people in this picture does not make gay marriage right. A diversion to what God says is his best for his people . Man with woman .

This is what the heart of man has come to. A complete breakdown of society with gays dictating what is right.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:05 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Yes, people do need direction. Making fun of people in this picture does not make gay marriage right. A diversion to what God says is his best for his people . Man with woman .

This is what the heart of man has come to. A complete breakdown of society with gays dictating what is right.
What's worse? Gays dictating what is right or people who believe in an ancient text written by superstitious sheepherders? How about no one 'being right' and just extending rights to all people?

Old 09-30-2010, 10:06 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I don't know why people think gay marriage will lead to legalized polygamy or bestiality when clearly it was heterosexual marriage that led to gay marriage. If you want to blame something for other things that might possibly happen then at least hit the source.

Gay marriage is as likely to lead to bestiality as it is to lead to purple mayonnaise. There is no connection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies