Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 12:53 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahramTaba View Post
Ahh, I always thought being responsible was about being careful spending tax payer's money.
It is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 02:46 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,789 times
He's a great American. /sarcasm

Old 10-06-2010, 03:21 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
What did he talk about today? Yesterday? Last week? Last month? Does he ever talk about anything else? I honestly don't know how the man keeps an audience saying the same old crap day after day after day. Not even remotely funny or entertaining (at least Limbaugh is that).
Speaking of "same old crap", we need a Palin/Tea Party/Beck thread.

I mean, how long has it been?

Old 10-06-2010, 04:12 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
It really doesn't matter. It's not like he or any of the FOS "news" people are influencing anybody's opinion. The people that listen to them already have their skewed views, otherwise, they wouldn't tune in.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
I like watching Hannity, more than I do Beck.

At least he has the opposing view on everyday, to debate the issues. It is not a one sided view being displayed.

If his guests don't put up enough of a good argument, I'm sure he would not turn down a better hand selected Progressive to debate face to face.

I noticed MSNBC are bringing on more and more Conservative guests to have that difference debated there. Good for them. Except Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow, are always cutting off and talking over the Conservative guest when the point is being made and that is the part they don't want their viewers to hear. Matthews is the worst about doing that. You can tell when he doesn't want that part said, he starts shouting over the guest.

Hannity discusses the issues, it is not always politics. It is not a news program. It is a discussion program.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It really doesn't matter. It's not like he or any of the FOS "news" people are influencing anybody's opinion. The people that listen to them already have their skewed views, otherwise, they wouldn't tune in.

You would be surprised how many people that voted devotedly for Obama, have been educated by watching both FOX and MSNBC and making there own choice as to what is truth and what is twisted, or edited and cherry picked.

I mean MSNBC has pushed their viewers to go checkout what is being said on FOX.

Sure, in this last month leading to the mid-term elections, Fox is not going to actually change anybodies choice, nor is MSNBC.
You have to look since Obama has been elected, not the last month leading into an election. My mind has been made up on my vote for sometime now and a clue... I voted for Clinton, twice.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:34 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Olbermann, Maddow, Schultz, and any other non-conservative don't have the mignons of worshipers that Hannity, Beck, Drug-addict Limbaugh, and O'Reilly have, either.

It's easy to predict what every con on a message board like this will talk about next - just watch any of those idiots and you'll hear the idiots on these forums parrot them, as if any of them have any clue as to what they're talking about. Like the Smoot Hawley Tariff act - once the conservative imams preached it, you heard every idiot neo-con on these boards parroting them, but adding "I've been saying for YEARS that the Smoot-Hawley Tariff act blah blah blah blah......." Not an original thought amongst them.
It is not that we "parrot" them.
It's that we agree with what they say. Our values are the same and that is why we enjoy watching their show.
The reason the MSNBC crowd has no "worshipers" is because they come across as hateful, where Hannity and O'Reilly DO NOT.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I dont know but keep me updated as you seem to have time to listen to him every day
I have to listen to him to get the news, weather and traffic info that is vital to me getting around and home in the afternoon. If I had a choice, I would not.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
What did he talk about today? Yesterday? Last week? Last month? Does he ever talk about anything else? I honestly don't know how the man keeps an audience saying the same old crap day after day after day. Not even remotely funny or entertaining (at least Limbaugh is that).
Is he still talking about Rev Wright?

Old 10-06-2010, 07:43 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
I will agree that his show is redundant now. I wish they hadn't split him and Colmes up. That was a good show. Both Hannity's FN show and Colmes FR show are just boring. Neither ever allow for real comment from the opposition. Alan is a true smoke and mirror guy and Sean just has like minded people on.
I never watch him on TV but I hear him on WSB AM everyday and he says the same things day in and day out. If I did not depend on WSB for traffic and weather, I'd listen to something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies