Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 03:20 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times

Advertisements

you arent gay. you are bisexual. you were probably born that way. YOU.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:26 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Just because a person CHOOSES not to act on it, doesn't negate their being born with their sexual preference. I do believe you are born with it, it's the acting on it or not that is the choice.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:32 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Just because a person CHOOSES not to act on it, doesn't negate their being born with their sexual preference. I do believe you are born with it, it's the acting on it or not that is the choice.
I believe you can have the propensity for it but acting on it is choice.

You can have the proclivity to overeat and gain weight easily but to gain the weight you have to overeat first. Or not. YOu can choose to control your weight and what you eat and put into your mouth.

But if you are not a person of faith and you don't believe in the Bible as the word of God and you don't care that it is a sin then that is the difference.

Christians believe it is a sin and you can choose not to engage in this activity. Just as people with hot tempers may have been born with the tendency to respond in a negative way, or someone who likes to gossip, or engage in sex outside of marriage. YOu may be born with this tendency and you have to fight it. Or give into it. Or say you were born that way.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:40 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
My thing is, if you can choose to act on anything in life, then what does it really mean to be born with anything?...That doesnt negate whatever you're born with, but it certainly makes it irrelevant...if you're born with big feet but can choose whether you want to wear size 8 shoes or size 16 shoes, then what does it really mean to be born with big feet? Obviously, you're choosing what works best for you either way.

I strongly believe that the brain responds to conditioning...someone said earlier that we are born a blank slate...I tend to agree with that...I dont believe anyone is born straight or gay, but rather a blank slate...and I think our experiences condition our brains to influence what we do or dont like.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:46 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamutrun View Post
I am gay and I was NOT born gay. I am a woman and I lusted after and dated men until my early 20s. Then I fell in love with a woman and have been with her for nearly 20 years. I still lust after men. I could very easily see myself with a man, in love with a man, having sex with a man.

NOT EVERYONE who is gay is "born" gay, whatever that means. In addition, why is it so bad for people to "choose" to be gay? I believe in free choice. Yes, my life would be easier had I fallen in love with or chosen to be with a man, but I am fine with my choice and live a great life in a great city in a great STRAIGHT suburban neighborhood.

Let's stop categorizing, shall we?
Looks like it has been said already, but seems very clear that you are a true bisexual. A very grey zone area of sexuality that is often overlooked or trivialized, but very valid state of sexuality. There are probably way more true bisexuals in the world than we will ever know but because of social limits, and restrictions, a lot of them dont come out fully. For a lot of folks, being a true bi is indeed very complex.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:48 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
...I tend to agree with that...I dont believe anyone is born straight or gay, but rather a blank slate...and I think our experiences condition our brains to influence what we do or dont like.
I believe were are born to seek out a mate of the opposite sex.
Environment pulls the trigger.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:51 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamutrun View Post
I am gay and I was NOT born gay. I am a woman and I lusted after and dated men until my early 20s. Then I fell in love with a woman and have been with her for nearly 20 years. I still lust after men. I could very easily see myself with a man, in love with a man, having sex with a man.

NOT EVERYONE who is gay is "born" gay, whatever that means. In addition, why is it so bad for people to "choose" to be gay? I believe in free choice. Yes, my life would be easier had I fallen in love with or chosen to be with a man, but I am fine with my choice and live a great life in a great city in a great STRAIGHT suburban neighborhood.

Let's stop categorizing, shall we?
You're right. You were not born gay.

You were born bisexual, just like Elton John. You really DO have a choice.

BTW - I am not threatened by your bisexuality. If you want to marry one of each sex and everyone agrees, then may you Live Long and Prosper.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:59 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Yes, bi-sexual people do make things confusing for all. Gays don't want to recognise you since you make it hard for them.

This is the reason marriage should be exclusively one man, one woman. Partnerships can be formed for all other couples.
I'm confused, how is that a reason for marriage discrimination?

Old 10-08-2010, 04:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
I don't really care, as long as the couple are decent to each other, and other people. We make too much out of all this stuff in this society. I don't care the reason why someone is Gay, i have many Gay friends, does not bother me the reasoning behind them being gay. When you accept someone in life, you accept that person for who they are, good bad, or indifferent. Enjoy life to the fullest, because friends, life is short.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:06 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
This song was way ahead of its time. Naturally they changed the words and fit the song to a popular movie of the time, but every time you hear 'free', just substitute the word 'gay' and you'll have the original classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_89U-N-5w0g

....and yes, all the lions featured in the video are indeed gay. Certified so by Siegfried and Roy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies