Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM

279 posts, read 482,467 times

Advertisements

Homosexuals claim that homosexuality is genetically determined. But the many cases of only one of two siblings in pairs of identical twins turning into a homosexual refute this claim.

Also, what about a person who is attracted to young girls or boys and they truly believe they are "born this way", what makes their case any less weak than the homosexuals?

And let us bring up the example of someone who is sexually attracted to sheep, say they are just head over heels for their little lamby, they claim to be born this way and really think they deserve the right to marry their precious sheep. Should we deny them this? And are they not "born that way"?

Fact is 2 men or 2 women can not and will not produce offspring, it is not natural, we would cease to exist as a species in 100 years if we were all homosexuals. I believe it is a mental disorder and should be treated as such, they can be helped with this problem if they truly wanted to be.

I do not hate homosexuals at all but I don't like their militant ways of demanding change in the way society defines marriage between a man and a woman that has been in place for over 2,000 years, what gives them the right to redefine marriage for all of us? But I do believe they should be given the same rights and benefits as a married couple, tax breaks etc. Why can't they be happy with a civil union?

Old 02-11-2013, 02:31 PM

BIBLE VERSES ON HOMOSEXUALITY Bible versus on homosexuality

Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 PM

After the Ball--Why the Homosexual Movement Has Won After the Ball-- Why the Homosexual Movement Has Won

Very enlightening, must read if interested in this topic!

Old 02-11-2013, 02:37 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,639,313 times
It's probably epigenetic as well as subject to extrinsic influences. So, something like prenatal exposure to certain hormones in the womb along with gene expression later on. For example, firstborn sons are less likely to be gay than ones born after several others, which certainly suggests that intra-uterine hormone exposure is part of the equation.

But you seem to be confusing two things here.

Quote:
Also, what about a person who is attracted to young girls or boys and they truly believe they are "born this way", what makes their case any less weak than the homosexuals?
I have little doubt that some of them are "born that way." However, their preferences would be illegal if acted upon. An inborn tendency is a trait. It may be good (inborn tendency toward high IQ), it may be bad (inborn tendency toward depression), or it may not really matter. The fact that something is inborn is not a statement about its desirability.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:39 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Yup, they're born that way.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:44 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,839,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaMountainMan View Post
Homosexuals claim that homosexuality is genetically determined. But the many cases of only one of two siblings in pairs of identical twins turning into a homosexual refute this claim.
I know identical twins. One likes green beans and the other hates them. Point?

[/quote]

There is no case since their actions are proven HARMFUL to children. End of that story.

And let us bring up the example of someone who is sexually attracted to sheep, say they are just head over heels for their little lamby, they claim to be born this way and really think they deserve the right to marry their precious sheep. Should we deny them this? And are they not "born that way"?

See above. Non consent is a non issue. Homosexual adults are consenting. Children and animals are not considered able to consent. Why is this so hard for so many to grasp?

Fact is 2 men or 2 women can not and will not produce offspring, it is not natural, we would cease to exist as a species in 100 years if we were all homosexuals. I believe it is a mental disorder and should be treated as such, they can be helped with this problem if they truly wanted to be.

1) cannot produce offspring: True. The question is...who cares? Seriously, I'd like to know why that is a prerequisite of who is a legitimate couple. I know some elderly people who got married later in life who can no longer make babies. Are they illegitimate couples? What about infertile young couples? Who care if you can't reproduce? News flash: The human race is not in danger of extinction. Who said that allowing homosexual their rights means we will suddenly "all" become homosexual? You don't think straight people will continue to marry if gay people marry?? Why? I'm straight, and if my gay friends get married guess what, I'm still straight!
2) Its not a mental disorder. But the fear of them, the fear of accepting different people into one's world might be.

I do not hate homosexuals at all but I don't like their militant ways of demanding change in the way society defines marriage between a man and a woman that has been in place for over 2,000 years, what gives them the right to redefine marriage for all of us? But I do believe they should be given the same rights and benefits as a married couple, tax breaks etc. Why can't they be happy with a civil union?

I'm just going to address the title of your thread. Do we think people are born gay? Yes. Here's why:
I have two very close family members, both of them knew they were gay from childhood. They were never attracted to the opposite sex. I know this for a fact, because I bore witness to the tears they shed by not being accepted, by being teased, and beat up.

Question. Why would a young person choose to be gay, when it brings so much turmoil?
When my brother was growing up, we did not live where it was accepted, at all. No one he knew was gay either. He was beaten and tormented. Do you honestly think he chose that for himself?

Last edited by Missy.Rivers; 02-11-2013 at 02:54 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 02:51 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:

Since all scientific evidence says yes, and no one can force themselves to be attracted to something they are not, yes people buy that. Why would someone choose to be the most hated minority on Earth, where it can lead to execution in certain countries?

Did you just wake up one day and say, "Gee, I think I'll be attracted to the opposite sex for the rest of my life, that sounds like a good plan"?

The "It's a choice" argument, is by far the dumbest anti-gay argument in existence.

As for it being unnatural, look up the meaning of "natural" in a dictionary. Homosexuality exists in every animal species on Earth, and is a necessary part of their survival.

As for marriage, your view of marriage is quite modern. It has not existed for 2000 years. We've changed it at least a dozen times. Why does your view dictate how other people should live their lives? If same-sex marriage is legal, your marriage is not affected. If same-sex marriage is banned, gays are deprived the same rights as you are and are forced to live by your demands. That's tyranny.

Last edited by Fiyero; 02-11-2013 at 03:02 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 02:51 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:

so you're asking if there is a gay gene, a lesbian gene, and a bisexual gene?

Old 02-11-2013, 02:52 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,127 times
I'm a hetero male and the argument that I've heard and agree with is this. At what point did you decide you liked girls or boys? If you are like me, you didn't. I didn't make a choice. I woke up one day and ralized I loved woman . Not men. There was no chocie. I am repulsed by men. So with that, I don't understand how people have a hard time believing that homosexuals are born that way. Why would someone go against their natural desire and instinct? It's just absurd to think some one can make themselves gay. Sexual orientation is not like beer or coffee. You don't acquire a taste through repitition.
I think the giant elephant in the room that no one wants to admit to, is that humans are animals. If you look at all our atrocities as a whole, we are no different than any other species on the planet other than our intelligence and opposable thumbs. There is nothing really to understand. We are all different in some aspect. We are not born perfect. We are not born flawless. We are not born with the exact tendecies, tastes, likes, dislikes or impulses.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:54 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
It's relevant to me and many others. Maybe not you. But can you address the questions in the OP please.
Let me ask you this. Is any argument we present to you going to change your mind? What exactly do you require as evidence to show you your view is wrong? We have brain scans showing Gays and Straights have different brain structures. We have documented, observed evidence of thousands of animals species having homosexual members. Some species have flourished only after more homosexuals were present in the population. Almost any gay person on Earth will tell you they didn't choose to be gay, many tried to pray it away for years.

Claiming it's a choice in the vast majority of the population is just irrational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies