Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 12:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,940,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Sure, it's always the non-Muslim's fault. One volunteer talks to some kids (probably in response to their asking why he wasn't a Muslim) and the coach -- some distance away and not involved-- is at fault? Compare that to this: School Apologizes After Students Pray to Allah on Field Trip to Mosque How many teachers lost their jobs at the Mosque visit? None!
He didn't just talk to some kids. He's an evangelical who believes that he is commanded by God to convert people to Christianity, and he baptized a Muslim student when that student was away from home at an athletic event.

Let's be honest, you wouldn't want someone trying to convert your children when they are away from home on an overnight school trip, and you especially wouldn't want someone performing a religious rite on your child without your consent, would you?

Well, neither would anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 12:28 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,983,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He didn't just talk to some kids. He's an evangelical who believes that he is commanded by God to convert people to Christianity, and he baptized a Muslim student when that student was away from home at an athletic event.

Let's be honest, you wouldn't want someone trying to convert your children when they are away from home on an overnight school trip, and you especially wouldn't want someone performing a religious rite on your child without your consent, would you?

Well, neither would anyone else.
Then why were those other students praising and praying to Allah during the school field trip? Isn't that proselytizing, and spreading religion during a school sponsored function? Well? Sounds to me like you're another liberal apologist who gets worked up whenever those bad evil hateful Christians try to spread their religion around and accuses them of violating the separation of church and state, but turn the other cheek when it's Muslims guilty of proselytizing

Old 10-07-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Then why were those other students praising and praying to Allah during the school field trip? Isn't that proselytizing, and spreading religion during a school sponsored function? Well? Sounds to me like you're another liberal apologist who gets worked up whenever those bad evil hateful Christians try to spread their religion around and accuses them of violating the separation of church and state, but turn the other cheek when it's Muslims guilty of proselytizing
You're talking about the Massachusetts field trip?

And your personal attack as an attempt to damage my credibility is unsound. I'm not a liberal apologist, in fact I apologize for nothing. I don't hate Christians or consider them bad, evil or hateful.

And I consider the Massachusetts incident to be off-topic because it was a completely different situation not similar to this one, and the school in Massachusetts admitted that they went wrong and have issued an apology.

Would you like to defend a coach that allowed an assistant coach who was also a reverend to baptize a student on an athletic trip away from home. The student's conversion was done without parental knowledge of consent. I'd like to hear you defend this, because this is the issue. Not all the smoke you'd like to blow.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:58 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,302,670 times
Quote:

Yeah..most people are missing the point here and focusing on the Muslim vs. Christian thing becaue it feeds into what they want to think anyway.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:03 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,983,322 times
Quote:
You're talking about the Massachusetts field trip?

And your personal attack as an attempt to damage my credibility is unsound. I'm not a liberal apologist, in fact I apologize for nothing. I don't hate Christians or consider them bad, evil or hateful.

And I consider the Massachusetts incident to be off-topic because it was a completely different situation not similar to this one, and the school in Massachusetts admitted that they went wrong and have issued an apology.

Would you like to defend a coach that allowed an assistant coach who was also a reverend to baptize a student on an athletic trip away from home. The student's conversion was done without parental knowledge of consent. I'd like to hear you defend this, because this is the issue. Not all the smoke you'd like to blow.
Have the teachers that were involved in the Massachusetts incident been fired? Just like the coach here was fired? If not, then that's not very fair is it? It just goes to show liberals show favoritism to Islam if they haven't been fired, or forced to hand in their resignations, just like what happened to this coach. I don't approve of what the assistant did, no, but since he was fired because of his insensitivity, then I expect the Massachusetts faculty to be fired as well. Have they been fired, or did they just issue an apology and life went on as normal? Because they are also guilty of indoctrination without parental consent

Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,588,912 times
I want everyone to listen. And listen VERY carefully and closely.

As someone who goes to Dearborn 3-4 times a week for school and business reasons, I can tell you the Muslim invasion of Dearborn is NOT pretty. Women dressed in all black. They don't even have drivers licenses. They are just entitled to drive. Since the cops there are Arab too, the women who drive without licenses are let go. Sometimes they are so covered, they have little holes for eyes. How in the world do they SEE while they drive? I can recall more than one time when I have come close to getting hit by some Arab woman who was covered and couldn't see anything.

I am an Indian female so when I walk into gas stations or stores, they start talking to me in Arabic because they think I am one of them. I talk to them in English and they look at me surprised. They ask me "Didn't your parents teach you Arabic or the way we should live?" I LAUGH and I tell them I am Indian and not Islamic.

Or should I begin to tell you about the looks I get from some Arab men who dont like the fact that my hair is showing? Or the way they treat their women? I was at the mall and a PREGNANT Arab woman who was all covered was sitting down. She was probably around 6 to 7 months. She had another child who was sitting in her lap eating. Her husband comes. He demands she get up and he sat down in her seat. She picked up the child and stood there while her pig husband relaxed. First of all, if I was pregnant, I would NEVER let my husband behave like that.

Or should I go on about FBI raids? Dances on September 11th? How about the praising of Hasan and putting flowers in front of his picture while screaming like barbaric savages "ALLAH AKBAR?" How about their whining about the Koran burning while they don't care about other faiths? How about alllllllll the posts around university about how poor little Muslims aren't being accepted. I see signs of meeting and whatnot to discuss "islamophobia". How about their phobia of other faiths? Seriously. They serve Halal meat and they ban pork in schools. They DEMANDED my University put in special bathrooms for them so they can wash their feet before they pray.

I am young and even I can see the dangers. How can other people not? I know several users send me hate messages or rep points when I post things like this. But to those people I say, come on down. Come on down to Dearborn for a vacation. I wil be happy to show you around. And even me, I can get by due to my skin color being like them. But if you are white, oriental, or black and defending these loons I have no problem leaving you there and running away. Farrrrrrr away. Experience diversity to its fullest!

Old 10-07-2010, 01:13 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,560,452 times
I fail to see how this a Muslim problem.

The coach sued and he settled with the school for the agreed amount. End of story. It happens every day between Gentiles and Jews, Muslim's and Buddhist's.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Have the teachers that were involved in the Massachusetts incident been fired? Just like the coach here was fired? If not, then that's not very fair is it? It just goes to show liberals show favoritism to Islam if they haven't been fired, or forced to hand in their resignations, just like what happened to this coach. I don't approve of what the assistant did, no, but since he was fired because of his insensitivity, then I expect the Massachusetts faculty to be fired as well. Have they been fired, or did they just issue an apology and life went on as normal? Because they are also guilty of indoctrination without parental consent
Were those Massachusetts students converted to Islam?

Old 10-07-2010, 01:21 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,588,912 times
Quote:
Were those Massachusetts students converted to Islam?
No but if I ever found out my child was taken to a Mosque and they tried to do it, I would be pissed.

I am not against going there to LEARN and see what other believe in. I am not against reading the Koran to understand it but if you start the preachin, I start the bitchin.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I want everyone to listen. And listen VERY carefully and closely.

As someone who goes to Dearborn 3-4 times a week for school and business reasons, I can tell you the Muslim invasion of Dearborn is NOT pretty. Women dressed in all black. They don't even have drivers licenses. They are just entitled to drive. Since the cops there are Arab too, the women who drive without licenses are let go. Sometimes they are so covered, they have little holes for eyes. How in the world do they SEE while they drive? I can recall more than one time when I have come close to getting hit by some Arab woman who was covered and couldn't see anything.

I am an Indian female so when I walk into gas stations or stores, they start talking to me in Arabic because they think I am one of them. I talk to them in English and they look at me surprised. They ask me "Didn't your parents teach you Arabic or the way we should live?" I LAUGH and I tell them I am Indian and not Islamic.

Or should I begin to tell you about the looks I get from some Arab men who dont like the fact that my hair is showing? Or the way they treat their women? I was at the mall and a PREGNANT Arab woman who was all covered was sitting down. She was probably around 6 to 7 months. She had another child who was sitting in her lap eating. Her husband comes. He demands she get up and he sat down in her seat. She picked up the child and stood there while her pig husband relaxed. First of all, if I was pregnant, I would NEVER let my husband behave like that.

Or should I go on about FBI raids? Dances on September 11th? How about the praising of Hasan and putting flowers in front of his picture while screaming like barbaric savages "ALLAH AKBAR?" How about their whining about the Koran burning while they don't care about other faiths? How about alllllllll the posts around university about how poor little Muslims aren't being accepted. I see signs of meeting and whatnot to discuss "islamophobia". How about their phobia of other faiths? Seriously. They serve Halal meat and they ban pork in schools. They DEMANDED my University put in special bathrooms for them so they can wash their feet before they pray.

I am young and even I can see the dangers. How can other people not? I know several users send me hate messages or rep points when I post things like this. But to those people I say, come on down. Come on down to Dearborn for a vacation. I wil be happy to show you around. And even me, I can get by due to my skin color being like them. But if you are white, oriental, or black and defending these loons I have no problem leaving you there and running away. Farrrrrrr away. Experience diversity to its fullest!
Sorry you've had these experiences, but in terms of this thread, so what? A Muslim student, away from home for SPORTS, was converted to Christianity. The assistant coach who converted the student was under the supervision of the coach and was an evangelical minister as well. The parents were upset that authority figures working for the school took it upon themselves to convert their child from their religion to another. I cannot think of any parents of my acquaintance who would not be upset. Can you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies