Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:02 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I forgot which Politician spoke that Food Stamp will create jobs. I meant, did we elect morons like her?
With 40 million Americans taking their Food Stamps to the Grocery Store every week, I think the Super Markets will disagree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 12:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I'm guessing the same way Republicans can have two unfunded wars and cut taxes.....they ignore reality.
Dont let the fact that the wars were indeed funded.. By debt, get in the way of a good rant.. Nor the fact that revenues INCREASED when the 2002 tax cuts were passed.. Your rant is far more important then facts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
With 40 million Americans taking their Food Stamps to the Grocery Store every week, I think the Super Markets will disagree
Yeah, here in america, where you go to college to get a 4 year degree, so you can look forward to working in a grocery store.. Welcome to the new america!!

Old 10-14-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Wow. It says right in the second paragraph that it was emergency spending legislation. Thats not funding the war, thats just tacking a bill on to debt. Funding the war is including it in the yearly federal budget. For years, Iraq and Afghanistan were funded with EMERGENCY SPENDING LEGISLATION.
Someone has no clue how the federal government gets their money, do they?

If its an emergency SPENDING legislation, then its FUNDED.. The money is BORROWED to PAY for the war.. hence its PAID FOR...
Quote:
They didn't cut spending somewhere else, they simply tacked it on to the debt.
If it was tacked onto the debt then it was PAID for.. the funds are BORROWED to pay for it, and the BORROWED funds get added to the debt, but the war itself is paid for in full.. Its the debt created that is not..

Old 10-14-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Gee. A clip from Fox News. Shocking.
What isnt shocking is the fact that NUMEROUS governmental reports backup Pelosis' claim. You can ridicule Fox all you want but its Pelosi and the government which came up with the fugures in question..

Nice job at sticking your fingers in your ear shouting.. I DONT HEAR YOU!!!

Old 10-14-2010, 12:47 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I love it when Pelosi craps on her self. However she meant a $1.79 in economic activity surrounding the $1.00 food subsidy. In actuality I believe it is much higher. That is the whole premise surrounding the Stimulus money the government pumps into the economy. It's like priming a pump to get it going.

Still Pelosi is a hag.

The problem is the multiplier effect isn't entirely realized here in the US since food products and all the things that are required to get them to market come from all over the world, so the recipients of our multiplier effect are also foreign nations, but the taxes and debt incurred are ours alone. You can't stimulate a broken economy, and until we are again a net exporter, artificially accelerating economic activity will simply make us more indebted to other nations faster.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:41 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,309 times
Hehe, I am not a fan of Pelosi yet Newt is really pandering to his base where I would bet money on he knows what she said is actually true. Food stamps is well documented in having a very high money multiplier effect.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:47 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
until we are again a net exporter
Highly unlikely anytime soon unless you fully support quantative easing and more government spending, and I have a feeling you are dead set against that. Re: our production capability/national specialty versus value of the dollar.

There I kept it short, though probably too vague...

Economics is sometimes counter-intuitive.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:25 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What isnt shocking is the fact that NUMEROUS governmental reports backup Pelosis' claim. You can ridicule Fox all you want but its Pelosi and the government which came up with the fugures in question..

Nice job at sticking your fingers in your ear shouting.. I DONT HEAR YOU!!!
So the food stamp $1.00 returns .73 to the store?

Just one question....where does that .73 come from?

Old 10-14-2010, 11:16 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Food stamps is well documented in having a very high money multiplier effect.
It appears that the existence of the multiplier effect is a liberal conspiracy to deceive hard-working Americans.

Old 01-26-2018, 02:25 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Ahhh, remember when Nancy Pelosi said:

Pelosi fires back at Gingrich over food stamps

At a press conference in her home town of San Francisco, Pelosi explained the program's multiplier effect...

For every dollar a person receives in food stamps, Pelosi said that $1.79 is put back into the economy. The U.S. Department of Agriculture cites an even higher figure of $1.84.

According to justharvest.org, the average monthly Food Stamps benefit per person is only about $133.

Well, now Pelosi and the dems are saying the $1,000 bonuses companies, like Home Depot, are giving to their employees, are "crumbs."

Pelosi, Wasserman Schultz rip $1,000 tax reform bonuses, 'crumbs'

The Democratic Party’s top leaders on Thursday flicked aside the bonuses and pay hikes 250 companies like Home Depot, Fiat Chrysler and Wells Fargo are giving employees as a result of the tax reform package approved in Congress last year and signed by President Trump.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi repeated her complaint that it was just a “crumb,” and that corporate “fat cats” will get so much more.

So that $1,000 bonus is equivalent to over six months worth of food stamps, for some people.That sounds like a big bang for the buck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies