Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 08:56 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Islam is way different that going to church and replacing the word with mosque and changing the book you reference from bible to koran. It is a complete system of how to do everything in life encompassed in a long list of sharia laws and has no Golden rule of Goodness.

OK, here's a simple explanation. Sharia is taken from the three books in Islam the Koran, the Sura, and the Haditha, compromising the word of Allah and examples from the life of Mohammed being the perfect man and his sayings. The more peaceful Koran is overwritten by the later two which are more violent. Religious Imams can made judgement rulings based on these writings in particular situations.

Basically it is a reference taken from these writings and examples consisting of can-do's (ie, without punishment) and must-do's. For instance, muslims 'can' have sex with third grade female students as long as they marry them, because Mohammed did. Or, they can rape anyone not a muslim because it is said non muslims are like animals, apes, and pigs.

Muslims 'must' do whatever they can by any means to convert the entire world to Islam. Or, that women are to be considered lesser human beings than men. All jews in the world are to be killed as are all non believers in Islam who do not convert to it, with Christians to be made slaves to support muslims through money and service and to live under sharia law. Anyone who besmirches Islam by even stating these things is to be killed otherwise it interferes with their commandment to lie to the infidel to get him to convert. Theft is punished by amputation of the hand and opposite foot. Sharia law must be obeyed as it is Allah's law, man's law such as democracy is not to be obeyed above it or if it conflicts with it.

These being the perfect way from Allah cannot be changed nor ignored. Thus sharia which is stuck in stone age violence. Any muslim who ignores them is at risk of death by fellow adherents even if they choose to disregard them temporarily.
The very fact that you don't even realize that "Allah" means "God" and they are in fact one and the same tells me a great deal, first and foremost that I needn't bother reading any further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Muslims 'must' do whatever they can by any means to convert the entire world to Islam. Or, that women are to be considered lesser human beings than men.
Wow, the Muslim women computer programmers I work with sure are falling down on the job to convert the rest of us!

And they have very professional careers and nice husbands, too, who support their careers.

The Muslims I know (do you know any?) are more live and let live than many evangelical Christians I've known or encountered.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:12 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Today, in the state of New York, and others, Jewish law is "recognized"---that is, two parties can agree to be bound by Halacha as an arbitration tribunal in civil or family issues. In no case is a gentile obliged by law to be bound by such law.

It is the same for Sharia law in non-Muslim countries. In the UK, the parliament has recently passed a law that enables two Muslims to resolve civil or family issues in accordance with Sharia, as an alternative to having it litigated in the civil courts. Sharia law can never be imposed on a person who has not consented to be bound by it. Basically, it is the same as recognizing Sharia as a principle binding arbitration, where the litigants voluntarily agree to do so. The Sharia courts are classified as arbitration tribunals. In no case can the outcome of binding arbitration, whether Sharia or secular, contravene existing civil or criminal law.

No Muslim has ever asked or suggested anything more than that in the USA or any other non-Muslim country.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle4749183.ece

Last edited by jtur88; 10-09-2010 at 10:21 AM..

Old 10-09-2010, 12:08 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
The very fact that you don't even realize that "Allah" means "God" and they are in fact one and the same tells me a great deal, first and foremost that I needn't bother reading any further.
Allah may mean, "god" but they are not the same. People have been duped into thinking. It is really quite ingenious, to say the least.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Allah may mean, "god" but they are not the same. People have been duped into thinking. It is really quite ingenious, to say the least.
So it means "God" but not "god" as they aren't the same. Gotcha!

Perhaps Time magazine was correct after all.

Survey: Atheists Know More About Religion Than Believers
Survey: Atheists Know More About Religion Than Believers - TIME NewsFeed
Quote:
Why did atheists do so well? The study concluded that those who reject faith often do so after growing up in a religious household, and studying and deliberating keeping the faith. Also, atheists and agnostics tend to be better educated in general. Why did Christians do so poorly? It may be because once someone accepts a faith, they stop examining it.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
So it means "God" but not "god" as they aren't the same. Gotcha!

Perhaps Time magazine was correct after all.

Survey: Atheists Know More About Religion Than Believers
Survey: Atheists Know More About Religion Than Believers - TIME NewsFeed
Well it appears that I may know more than than the Atheists. At least I get it. If I'm going to be a sheep there needs to be trust in the Shepard that He doesn't lead me to the cliff and over.

I know what's up and I know a good strategy when I see one. Mohammad had (he's dead) a really good one. No, not the same god at all. Those who know their Shepard, knows this, others read surveys.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-09-2010 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: verb tense

Old 10-09-2010, 12:37 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Well it appears that I may know more than than the Atheists. At least I get it. If I'm going to be a sheep there needs to be trust in the Shepard that He doesn't lead me to the cliff and over.

I know what's up and I know a good strategy when I see one. Mohammad had (he's dead) a really good one. No, not the same god at all. Those who know their Shepard, knows this, others read surveys.
Great little bit of verbal tap dancing. Last I heard, the islamic religion worships the God of Abraham as do the Jews. What God do you worship if not He?

Old 10-09-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:

God said it, I believe it, and that is that. I get it and have even seen this bumpersticker on many occasions.

Do pray tell tell us all here who Allah REALLY is if not the Arabic word for God because even according to the several dictionaries I reference, it seems to indicate "God".

Allah - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Quote:
Definition of ALLAH
: god 1a —used in Islam
Origin of ALLAH
Arabic allāh
First Known Use: 1584
Related to ALLAH
Synonyms: deity, Almighty, Author, Creator, Divinity, Eternal, Everlasting, Father, God, Godhead, Jehovah, Lord, Maker, Providence, Supreme Being, Yahweh (also Jahveh or Yahveh)
Let me guess, there is a global conspiracy in which Merriam Webster, The American Heritage, and Encyclopedia Britannica are all in cahoots to what exactly?

Old 10-09-2010, 12:42 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Even in Saudi Arabia, most "ordinary" people I met while there envied the freedom we have in the US and other Western countries.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Great little bit of verbal tap dancing. Last I heard, the islamic religion worships the God of Abraham as do the Jews. What God do you worship if not He?
The Father of Christ. "No man cometh unto the Father, but by Me."

"The Lord is My Shepard, I shall not want. He maketh me to lay down in green pastures, he restorith my soul..."

"Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed by they name...thy kingdom come, thy will be done...."

That one.

Mohammad stole Christ and presented Him as a prophet. That takes away from, God the Father and eternal life. It takes away from, 'no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Then it adds to....a very different aspect of Heaven, which does not exist however, in his scenario, it is very convincing, non-the-less and people believe it.

God is not interested in land, brick, or mortar...he is not interested in man's wealth. We came into this world with nothing and when we leave we take nothing with us. Mohammad's spirit world is about riches in the afterlife, that does not exist. More so for those living, Mohammad is interested in land, brick and mortar for his people...so he took a platform and made his presentation.

Well enough about me, wouldn't you say?

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-09-2010 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: added words: however...with nothing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies