Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 08:48 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,169,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Nope after the electon he said he had stopped.

Then after his yearly physical the M.D said that he encouraged Obama to continue with smoking cessation efforts thereby letting the cat out of the bag that our commander in chief is still an addict.
It takes numerous tries to quit for some. My dad was there once, tried quitting a couple of times until his brother dying of lung cancer gave him enough scare to get him to quit. The sofas in our living room thanked us after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 08:19 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,381,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Blah blah blah..... some people are just waiting for her to make that mistake so they can call her a racist...
her and the Messah have both proven time and time again by their actions and remarks they are raciest.

Its time for you to wake up, put down the kool-aid and earn some credibility.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:33 AM

8,934 posts, read 5,421,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The president smokes....Michelle, who is NOT the President, doesn't.

If she did NOTHING until she and her entire family were perfect would that satisfy you?

YOU tell your children nothing, give them no advice or direction, because you aren't perfect??????
Weren't a whole bunch of people in an uproar because Sarah Palin's grandson was on government health care, and that Sarah Palin should shut up about how bad it was because her grandson was on it? By the same standard, Michelle needs to stay home.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,215,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Weren't a whole bunch of people in an uproar because Sarah Palin's grandson was on government health care, and that Sarah Palin should shut up about how bad it was because her grandson was on it? By the same standard, Michelle needs to stay home.
I have no idea what anyone said about palin's grandson...However, IF Michelle was to "stay home" the Repugs would scream "she isn't doing anything like other First ladies did, what's wrong with her!!!!...wahhhh wahhhh wahhhh..."""

Next vital point: Palin is NOT the First lady(thank GAWWWDD!!!) and so I see no reason to compare her to Michelle....there couldn't be two people more completely different...

Old 10-10-2010, 12:17 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,544,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I have no idea what anyone said about palin's grandson...However, IF Michelle was to "stay home". . .
Next vital point: Palin is NOT the First lady(thank GAWWWDD!!!) and so I see no reason to compare her to Michelle....there couldn't be two people more completely different...
Uh, News Alert:; Mchelle Obama is "staying home" lol! She is not working. She is in fact a stay at home mom.
Every first lady has a "cause" that they get involved in. It's a tradition. A role of the First Lady if you will.

But one thing I agree on is that Sarah Palin and Michelle are two completely different people. Sarah was elected and held a public office. Michelle arrived at her title by simply being married to a man.

Sarah Palin has charisma and got to be the running mate in a Presidential election. Pretty heady stuff.
Michelle Obama is the wife of an elected official. The difference is immense. Good grief let's get the facts straight.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:13 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,331,007 times
Quote:
Uh, News Alert:; Mchelle Obama is "staying home" lol! She is not working. She is in fact a stay at home mom.
Every first lady has a "cause" that they get involved in. It's a tradition. A role of the First Lady if you will.

But one thing I agree on is that Sarah Palin and Michelle are two completely different people. Sarah was elected and held a public office. Michelle arrived at her title by simply being married to a man.

Sarah Palin has charisma and got to be the running mate in a Presidential election. Pretty heady stuff.
Michelle Obama is the wife of an elected official. The difference is immense. Good grief let's get the facts straight.
Both women are accomplished in their own way.

Sarah Palin went to five colleges and universities before getting a bachelors degree in communications from the University of Idaho. She was elected Mayor of Wasila Alaska, Governor of Alaska and the Republican nominee for Vice President of the United States in 2008. Currently she is a conservative spokesperson and media commentator.

Michelle Obama attended Princeton University and graduated *** laude with a bachelor degree in arts. She attended Harvard Law School where she received a J.D in Law. She had a successful law career and gave it up in large part so that her husband could pursue his political aspirations. She is just the third First Lady with a postgraduate degree, Laura Bush and Hillary Clinton being the other two. It's a little disingenuous to say that Michelle Obama is JUST the wife of an elected official. She is an educated, professional woman in her own right.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:27 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,652,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The fact that Michelle Obama came from the Southside of Chicago graduated from Princeton, went on to Harvard Law School, and became a succesful lawyer is example enough for ANY person born under circumstances that are not the best that you can be successful.

Her very life is the best example that many young woman to show they can succeed.
Affirmative Action success story?

Old 10-10-2010, 01:40 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,331,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Affirmative Action success story?
If you graduate *** laude from Princeton then affirmative action has nothing to do with your academic ability. Michelle Obama was an honor student all four years she was in high school who took AP classes, and was a member of the National Honor Soceity. The fact she was academically accomplished in high school, completed Princeton *** laude and graduated from Harvard Law has more to do with her academic ability and hard work than anything else.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:45 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,544,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Both women are accomplished in their own way.. .
Michelle Obama attended Princeton University and graduated *** laude with a bachelor degree in arts. She attended Harvard Law School where she received a J.D in Law. She had a successful law career and gave it up in large part so that her husband could pursue his political aspirations.. . . It's a little disingenuous to say that Michelle Obama is JUST the wife of an elected official. She is an educated, professional woman in her own right.
I never stated that Michelle wasn't accomplished in her own way.
I simply responded to the poster who went on about how they were "two completely different people" etc. There was nothing disingenous about my statement but I think there was in the post I was responding to.

But the fact remains that First Lady is not an elected office and that the only reason that she is sitting at the White House is not because of anything she did but because of her husband. Big difference.

Sarah Palin was elected to office by running and winning not on the coatails of a man. Nuff said.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:57 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,831,820 times
Quote:
I never stated that Michelle wasn't accomplished in her own way.
I simply responded to the poster who went on about how they were "two completely different people" etc. There was nothing disingenous about my statement but I think there was in the post I was responding to.

But the fact remains that First Lady is not an elected office and that the only reason that she is sitting at the White House is not because of anything she did but because of her husband. Big difference.

Sarah Palin was elected to office by running and winning not on the coatails of a man. Nuff said.
For two days now you have a very different way of posting.

Ms. Obama is still not an elected official in office!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies