Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 04:08 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Katie Couric has nothing to do with CBS' ratings. It is CBS that is the problem. They haven't made attempts to make improvements over the years.
You can't prove it though because she's never had another anchor job where we could compare her ratings there versus CBS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 04:45 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
CNN is in full panic mode at this time. Spitzer lecturing on morals, ha that's a good one. He's nothing but a disgrace. Why CNN would remotely consider hiring him makes you question their sanity. Hiring Couric is also a waste of time. Katie isn't that perky anymore. She's getting old and stagnant and has a history of leaning left politically.

Instead of competing against Fox and MSNBC with the same political talk show short on reporting long on hyperbole with yelling talking heads, how about actually produce something intelligent? Let's have INDEPTH reporting, lasting more than a 1 minute sound bite. Stop trying to push an agenda like you did with the Gulf spill. Use your global news outlet resources to your advantage.(After all when a big disaster happens isn't CNN really everyone's choice to find out the news on it?)
Maybe you won't get the political junkies, but they are a small sliver of the population anyway. Aim for a different point of view than the other talk programs: BE OBJECTIVE AND POLITICALLY NEUTRAL.
CNN knows what is important in reporting news
today and that's perky breasts, a pearly white
smile and the ability to see everything with a
left leaning slant. And what's wrong with Elliot
Spitzer lecturing on morals? Are you a racist
bigot?
\

Couric aside "mainstream news" puts together an Elliott Spitzer show and the idiots can't figure out why it bombed? What do you need to work at a mainstream news outlet, an IQ not exceeding 75?

Old 10-10-2010, 05:01 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Someone here stated that Katie Coric isn't fluff? That's all she is. She's cutesy, perky, news anchor lite. She has name recognition and that's why she got the job.
CBS gambled that all her morning show fans would tune in to see her at the 6pm news. Fail!

Old 10-10-2010, 06:32 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default CNN laments losing Beck............

Katie is the Doris Day of newcasters who 'bagged' a Palin out of season.

Her bias shows when she interviews. Perhaps that bit of 'skin' is what CNN feels the need to fish with. It fits well with their failing philosophy.

CNN will continue to blunder as its actions are out of sync with its values. CNN's real intent is to enable slanted political and social perspective while pretending to be 'fair and balanced'.

Just like one of those fumbling 7-11 robbers who put on their mask in front of the hidden security cameras, CNN is oblivious to the fact that their 'slip' is showing.

If "murder She Wrote" or "Love Boat" was still in production, Katie would be cast on both shows as a heart broken good soul who you just knew would find a love interest and live happily ever after.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:36 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Holy smokes, I suppose if I'm going to let my grey matter spill on the desk in front of me, I might as well do it with her on the screen.

I was reading a link someone posted on another thread about CNN bleeding viewers and it talked about its troubles since "the most super dooper awesome news reader of all time, Paula Zahn" left. I couldn't help but think that it was her very comments that made me turn off CNN for several years.

(paraphrasing) This was the day after 9-11, Paula was interviewing some security expert and the film of the towers falling was looped behind her and she asked her guest, "How bad does this make you feel". At this point I wanted to hurl. I mean are you serious? How the hell do you think any American felt? Quite possibly the most ignorant and stupid question I've ever heard a news anchor ask up until that point.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:58 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
God knows Couric would be lambasted as an ideologue by the right-wing, she does have a tendency for asking tough questions....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg&feature=related
What does 2+2 equal would be a tough question for Sarah Palin! Any way, Katie does have great legs!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:10 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Katie is the Doris Day of newcasters who 'bagged' a Palin out of season.
. . . "Love Boat" was still in production, Katie would be cast on both shows as a heart broken good soul who you just knew would find a love interest and live happily ever after.
No, Katie would be perfectly cast as the ever perky tour director on Love Boat lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies