Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 04:38 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,826,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
BS. I"m calling you out. Nothing in the thread is incorrect. It's all facts. If you have an issue take it up with the media. I'm just reporting a few stories widely available from well known sources. You just want to censor, plain and simple.

Glenn Beck 'Giving Legitimacy To The Violent Fringe': Dana Milbank
It's great watching the right squirm with this one being caught red handed and a washington post link to boot Disregard those posters trying to attack you, just search their posts and all are LOADED with hate filled anti-left garbage.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:39 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,772,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Actually I believe it was the Beachboys, not the Beatles - they even recorded a song he wrote on their 20/20 album

Nope Beatles.

The Influence of the Beatles on Charles Manson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Z7P7_zC40

Old 10-09-2010, 04:39 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,849,697 times
Is trolling the same as stupidity?

Old 10-09-2010, 04:40 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,571,617 times
The more worrisome part is that the guy believes everything Beck says to be true...much like many believed every word of the current CIC to be true...much like many believed the former CIC was honest and forthcoming....

Old 10-09-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It's great watching the right squirm with this one being caught red handed and a washington post link to boot Disregard those posters trying to attack you, just search their posts and all are LOADED with hate filled anti-left garbage.

Please cut and paste the relevent damaging sections. This is nothing but an opinion piece by Dana Milbank. All factual quotes indicate that Beck actually advocates peacful conflict resolution.

This is simply more evidence supporting my contention in this thread.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Actually I believe it was the Beachboys, not the Beatles - they even recorded a song he wrote on their 20/20 album
I did check and you are correct, there was a relationship with Brian Wilson but it wasn't like the Beatles.

Charles Manson & The Beach Boys: Manson's Strange Musical Legacy | NowPublic News Coverage

Old 10-09-2010, 04:46 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,216,244 times
I didn't have time to go digging for quotes directly, but this is from a blog that quotes research done on Beck from Dana Millbank of the Washington Post:

'According to Dana Milbank of the Washington Post, some of Beck's favorite phrases include: "The war is just beginning . . .. Shoot me in the head if you try to change our government . . .. There is a coup going on . . .. Grab a torch! . . . Drive a stake through the heart of the bloodsuckers . . .. They are taking you to a place to be slaughtered . . .. They are putting a gun to America's head . . .. Hold these people responsible."

Did he say to shoot the people at the Tides Foundation? No. He sure wasn't telling them to solve problems by working within the system either. With power comes responsibility. It's time he assumes some.

Paul Helmke: Glenn Beck's Violent Words Harm America

Old 10-09-2010, 04:46 PM

767 posts, read 490,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Please cut and paste the relevent damaging sections. This is nothing but an opinion piece by Dana Milbank. All factual quotes indicate that Beck actually advocates peacful conflict resolution.

This is simply more evidence supporting my contention in this thread.
Glenn Beck is talking from both sides of his mouth. On the one hand he is telling people that organizations are destroying America, and a thread, and brainwashing your children, yet they should be restrained and non violent. WTF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5fd57p__fA

Old 10-09-2010, 04:49 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,205,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I didn't have time to go digging for quotes directly, but this is from a blog that quotes research done on Beck from Dana Millbank of the Washington Post:

'According to Dana Milbank of the Washington Post, some of Beck's favorite phrases include: "The war is just beginning . . .. Shoot me in the head if you try to change our government . . .. There is a coup going on . . .. Grab a torch! . . . Drive a stake through the heart of the bloodsuckers . . .. They are taking you to a place to be slaughtered . . .. They are putting a gun to America's head . . .. Hold these people responsible."

Did he say to shoot the people at the Tides Foundation? No. He sure wasn't telling them to solve problems by working within the system either. With power comes responsibility. It's time he assumes some.

Paul Helmke: Glenn Beck's Violent Words Harm America
Is this what it says if you play the Beatles White Album backwards?

Old 10-09-2010, 04:53 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,216,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Glenn Beck is talking from both sides of his mouth. On the one hand he is telling people that organizations are destroying America, and a thread, and brainwashing your children, yet they should be restrained and non violent. WTF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5fd57p__fA
That's just it. He tells people that the government (or whoever) is coming to get them and destroy our democratic freedoms, and then he plays innocent when vulnerable people believe him. I can't find the quotes, but I've WATCHED HIM talk about how Americans have to protect their rights to bear arms in case we have to fight the government.

Like I said--this isn't a left or right thing. It's about using the power of your words responsibly. It holds true for both sides of the isle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies