Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 09:43 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
I'm sorry, you are mistaken. There are many explanations and proof of this practice by Walmart. This information is readily available on the internet and in hardcover. Feel free to google or hit a local bookstore.
actually EVERY store does this, not just walmart...look in your saturday/sunday [paper..is there an ad for ANY STORE??? you will find a 'preditory' come on...yep such and sush for a very low price...limit one per store

and thats every where

hhgreg...macy's..sterns..lowes.

sorry but to pinpoint one store like walmart...shows you have an agenda, and a vendetta

it shows your biasedness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 11:30 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
actually EVERY store does this, not just walmart...look in your saturday/sunday [paper..is there an ad for ANY STORE??? you will find a 'preditory' come on...yep such and sush for a very low price...limit one per store

and thats every where

hhgreg...macy's..sterns..lowes.

sorry but to pinpoint one store like walmart...shows you have an agenda, and a vendetta

it shows your biasedness

Clearly you misunderstand the concept. Predatory pricing and antitrust issues go hand in hand here and Walmart is the leader in this practice, that is not
an agenda. It is a fact that they have tremendous control on the marketplace therefore that is where the data exists, in stacks and stacks of information.
So what may look like a bias is in fact truthfully based in the reality of the information.

I hardly have an agenda, bias, vendetta. I just like factual data.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:36 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Hmmm... so that's what they do to the poultry that reaches the expiration date... pretty clever and disgusting... I love Walmart, I love their low prices... I just won't buy their cooked chicken any more... ewww.. but I hear maggots are high in protein and are nutritionally good for you, if you can stomach them... not me...

Old 10-10-2010, 11:43 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Live Better??? Yeah Right!!!

Family Says They Bought Chicken Full of Maggots | Corpus Christi, TX | KRISTV.com | (http://www.kristv.com/news/family-says-they-bought-chicken-full-of-maggots1/ - broken link)
Have you ever wondered that most people on here that complain about Walmart are people on the left and/or are union workers.

They also complain about the lack of jobs.

From an article today:

[LEFT]"Haymaker is one of about 425 who will be employed at the Garden City Wal-Mart that opens Wednesday. Many had been unemployed for extended periods as the Grand Strand and nation struggle amid the worst job market in decades.
The Garden City Supercenter store further solidifies Wal-Mart's position as one of the largest employers on the Grand Strand. The chain of stores was Horry County's largest private employer and second-largest overall employer - behind the Horry County Department of Education - in 2008 with 2,100 workers and six stores'

Read more: Workers, buyers prep for opening of Wal-Mart in Garden City Beach - Business - TheSunNews.com

So lets close all Wal-Marts in SC and put all these people in the unemployment line. And they claim to be the ones with compassion. [/LEFT]

Old 10-10-2010, 12:11 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
the walmart in durango is way higher than cortez. when it comes to prices my memory is like a steel trap cause I'm cheap and want quality
So what would you recommend in Durango? Albertson's or City Market?

I haven't shopped there long enough to compare prices and such.

I do know that we have only 2 choices here in Alamogordo, NM--Lowe's and Walmart. The Walmart prices here are a lot higher than they were in TX, but I'm not sure how the Durango one compares, since I've only made 2 quick trips through it.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:13 PM

767 posts, read 489,595 times
The few times I've gone to Walmart, I've felt like I needed to take a shower after coming out of there. The toothless inbred trailer park missing link cretins who shop there are reason enough not to go. Every see the website peopleofwalmart?

Old 10-10-2010, 12:32 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
I have a hard time believing that LIVE maggots were in the chicken. They weren't COOKED in the the chicken, that woulda killed em. Flies would have had to lay eggs in the chicken after being cooked. BTW, flies normally lay egs in ROTTING meat/carrion/garbage. If the chicken was in that bad of shape, you would have been able to smell it.

Quite frankly, 1 of 2 things happened, either it was sitting out that long, and nobody could smell/taste anything strange, or another family is trying to find a way to not have to work for a living any longer.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:09 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
The few times I've gone to Walmart, I've felt like I needed to take a shower after coming out of there. The toothless inbred trailer park missing link cretins who shop there are reason enough not to go. Every see the website peopleofwalmart?
Actually, I have generally found the Wal-Mart clientele to reflect that of the communities in which they are located and the people who live there. Reading comments like these about Walmart customers can teach us a lot about the people who make them and the type of people and communities they have chosen to surround themselves with. So sneer all you want to at Walmart shoppers while thinking you're above them or different from them, but in many cases I'm betting an honest self-examination would reveal that you're really looking in a mirror. So you lash out at what you see there in the hopes of convincing yourself that you're not like them, but chances are you're really just lashing out at you.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:47 PM

767 posts, read 489,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Actually, I have generally found the Wal-Mart clientele to reflect that of the communities in which they are located and the people who live there.
Customers at stores reflect the community they are located in. Wow, that's for pointing this out, would have never realized this. Pure brilliance.
Quote:
Reading comments like these about Walmart customers can teach us a lot about the people who make them and the type of people and communities they have chosen to surround themselves with.
Or maybe it teaches us that many Walmart customers are trailer park trash. What's the Walmart like in your area? Pray tell. People usually get offended when something hits close to home. Am I getting warm?
Quote:
So sneer all you want to at Walmart shoppers while thinking you're above them or different from them, but in many cases I'm betting an honest self-examination would reveal that you're really looking in a mirror. So you lash out at what you see there in the hopes of convincing yourself that you're not like them, but chances are you're really just lashing out at you.
Pulling the "elitist" charge. Good grief, this gets old. Coming from someone who defended Glenn Beck and his guest who mocked the rural accent of the homeowner who lost his home in a fire because he didn't pony up $75. The irony is dripping.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:57 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Customers at stores reflect the community they are located in. Wow, that's for pointing this out, would have never realized this. Pure brilliance.

Or maybe it teaches us that many Walmart customers are trailer park trash. What's the Walmart like in your area? Pray tell. People usually get offended when something hits close to home. Am I getting warm?

Pulling the "elitist" charge. Good grief, this gets old. Coming from someone who defended Glenn Beck and his guest who mocked the rural accent of the homeowner who lost his home in a fire because he didn't pony up $75. The irony is dripping.
Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies