Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 08:47 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times

Advertisements

Don't make me smite thee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 08:58 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
keep those tennies on, pandy

Old 10-11-2010, 09:11 PM

Why?

You guys are getting worked up over a comedian. Huff v Koch. Reeaaaallly.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
I think that for some reason this thread took off from the second post on to this point. It was really a great job of deflection that Aspiesmom did in post number 2. It is so common with left leaners. They have taken the word of Saul Alinsky to heart and do that job along with attacking the messenger so well that they don't really know when they are swaying the discussion.

In case some don't know, this thread was begun to discuss Huffington giving $250,000 to transport people to the next meeting so poor folks who couldn't get there any other way could go. I really think she was a bit fearful that there wouldn't be enough people there to just be embarrassed. I wonder if there will be more than 20,000. You know that the main audience of both those guys is 18- 29 year olds and Saturday is their day of celebrating with people of the opposite sex.

Yep this thread fell a part when old mom deflected the topic and stayed on her topic.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:29 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Why?

You guys are getting worked up over a comedian. Huff v Koch. Reeaaaallly.
huff&puff is comedy?

and here is was thinking it was only unintentionally funny.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:51 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
And of course all of those trying to point the finger at the 'left' forget that the issue was with the organizers trying to present the events as being completely 'grassroots' events when they weren't. As I recall, the rallying cry was that these were organized and paid for by the 'common man' when in fact they were corporately subsidized by FreedomWorks, etc.

From my perspective, there has never been any pretense over whether this is or is not a sponsored event.

Comedy Central will televise "Rally to Restore Sanity" - Cleveland generation Y | Examiner.com

Oh, and in case anyone missed it:

Jon Stewart asks donors to help restore National Mall - USATODAY.com

Old 10-14-2010, 01:41 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
I am announcing the Legalsea Reverse Rally, to be held on The Mall in Washington D.C. the day after Thanksgiving.

My rally rules are simple: the less people at the rally, the more successful it will be deemed. If no one shows up (indeed, I plan to be home watching football) then it will prove that my rally is the most popular rally of them all!

I have contacted several celebrities including Kim Kardasium, Beyonce, and every Justin I could think of. All agreed to not appear, while Kim K. reminded me of the court order against me.

I have already informed the bus companies that I would not be needing their services. I did not order fully 423 buses, each one capable of not seating 88 people (including no dogs).

Let us all show support for me and my rational way of thinking by staying home the day after Thanksgiving, and striving for 'zero' people at The Mall (again, in Washington D.C. I imagine plenty of people will be going to 'malls' on that day, but that has nothing to do with me).

Old 10-14-2010, 02:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Wait!! MTV too!

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » Exclusive: Internal Email Reveals MTV Pressuring Employees to Attend Jon Stewart’s Political Rally

Quote:
An internal email reveals that MTV is investing heavily in making a success of Jon Stewart’s counter-rally to Glenn Beck’s incredibly successful August event. But the music network’s tactics give the whole affair a taint similar to October 2nd’s “One Nation” rally, where all that Big Labor-SEIU astro-turfing still wasn’t able to reproduce Beck’s grassroots success.
Quote:
On the morning of October 30th, we’re loading up a fleet of buses here at 1515 Broadway and sending as many of you as we can down to DC for a free one-day, round-trip journey to join in the Rally to Restore Sanity and March to Keep Fear Alive.
They are desperate for the appearance of a ground swell of support.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
huff&puff is comedy?

and here is was thinking it was only unintentionally funny.
It is when you walk in and come in with a plan-that nobody knows about because you just thought it up. Hence, the finishing the third and pouring the fourth comment.

I hope that there will be a hell of a lot of comedy going on.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:15 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
i predict very little will still attend even with a free bus ride. I can only imagine how many of the 11,000 who signed up so far viewed this as a free trip to washington dc so they can tour the monuments instead of attending a rally..

Call it a free welfare vacation!! :d

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies