Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:48 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
It’s Official: More Private Sector Jobs Created In 2010 Than During Entire Bush Years | NEWS JUNKIE POST

Read it and weep. Obama gets too much flak than he deserves, and most of the time, it's mostly just talking points by Republicans who do nothing but hoot, holler, scratch their underarms and shoot their guns. OK they don't actually do that but they may as well, they'd do more than they usually do.

I guess that is why the unemployment rate is at 10% under zero, when it was not that high under GW.

this is just another blame bush game as zero still cant take credit for anything bad.

maybe liberals should start crediting bush with all the good things happening to zero as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 05:49 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
It remains to be seen if there are jobs for the long term unemployed in the USA, already its still can be really hard getting work.
High Unemployment is a political asset to the Repubs. They have, and will continue, to do whatever they can to keep that rate as high as possible. Unless the American people make a clear statement to them this Nov, that will continue.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:52 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its not really that difficult.. If you are going to write a story about the TOTAL jobs created, then job losses dont enter the equation. That is what they are doing for Obama.. Ignoring ALL of the job losses which took place in 2009, but counting them under Bush.. Not fair for several reasons, the most obvious being that you cant count only positives for one and count positives and negatives for another, and claim they are equal. Thats elementary school math..

The second being that presidents dont create jobs.. Congress does..

If companies were hiring at the same right now as they were during the Bush/Republican Congress years, we'd see unemployment in the low 5's like we did then.. But we dont..
I agree!!

Old 10-12-2010, 05:59 AM

563 posts, read 519,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
High Unemployment is a political asset to the Repubs. They have, and will continue, to do whatever they can to keep that rate as high as possible. Unless the American people make a clear statement to them this Nov, that will continue.
Oh, I see....the Republicans have control of Cogress right now prohibiting the growth? Is that what you are trying to say? That the dems do not have control, but the Republicans do?

Old 10-12-2010, 06:06 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
It’s Official: More Private Sector Jobs Created In 2010 Than During Entire Bush Years | NEWS JUNKIE POST

Read it and weep. Obama gets too much flak than he deserves, and most of the time, it's mostly just talking points by Republicans who do nothing but hoot, holler, scratch their underarms and shoot their guns. OK they don't actually do that but they may as well, they'd do more than they usually do.
Oh, well I feel so much better now, as do the countless millions of others who are unemployed. I guess we'll just all up and get back to work!

Ever wonder if the reason why Obama catches so much flak is because he's done such a sh*tty job managing expectations? You know, "recovery summer" and "my stimulus plan must be passed right away to prevent 8% unemployment" and the like? This is the guy who literally said while campaigning that if he were elected the oceans would stop rising. I'm not making that up. And you think he gets too much flak? I disagree, he verily invited it. What I don't understand is why the electorate elected him first and then gave him flak when it should have been clear before they ever went to the polls that this guy was forcefully exhaling solar radiation up our rectal cavities.

Last edited by Drover; 10-12-2010 at 06:14 AM..

Old 10-12-2010, 06:13 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Oh, I see....the Republicans have control of Cogress right now prohibiting the growth? Is that what you are trying to say? That the dems do not have control, but the Republicans do?
Do you have any understanding of the US Senate? The House has passed over 200 bills, many of which were directed at employment. The Senate has not acted on them.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Your a trip.. Unemployment has been high during the whole Democratic Congress.. While under a Republican one it was around 5%

Want to explain to me how Republicans have been keeping it high, or are you still continuing with your gobbly **** that you were when I left CD a little time back?

Old 10-12-2010, 06:32 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Stories like this are written for people like that, who really have no clue.. They continue to blame Republicans even though Democrats have held control 100% through the whole recession. I really wonder where some of these people obtained their education...
Quote:
Do you have any understanding of the US Senate? The House has passed over 200 bills, many of which were directed at employment. The Senate has not acted on them.
And who has control of the Senate? Democrats Please list for me ooh wise one what bills REPUBLICANS are stopping in order to keep unemployment high..

Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Stories like this are written for people like that, who really have no clue.. They continue to blame Republicans even though Democrats have held control 100% through the whole recession. I really wonder where some of these people obtained their education...

And who has control of the Senate? Democrats Please list for me ooh wise one what bills REPUBLICANS are stopping in order to keep unemployment high..
Agreed!

Old 10-12-2010, 08:06 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,035,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"There have been a total of 863,000 private sector jobs created in 2010, exceeding the total created under the Bush/Cheney regime.... The net jobs gained during 2010 stands at 613,000, which is over half of the 1,080,000 jobs were created during the entire time George W. Bush was in office." See also the total numbers for 2000-2010 above the bikini graph.
OK. This is clearly biased and after 4 pages nobody has stated the obvious.

That number is found by adding every single month of job growth together to find the total. If you apply the exact same measure to Obama, 4.1 million jobs have been lost. When Obama took office there were 110.1 million private sector jobs, today there are only 107.7 million. Government jobs went from 22.5 million to 22.7 million today.

If we cherry pick the data like the article does, there were actually 10 million jobs created under Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies