Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 12:39 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times

Advertisements

the entire party is frantic right now because of the unavoidable slaughter that's going to take place in November. Many of the Democrats who proudly voted for Obamacare are now hiding from that voting record, many are even creating campaign ads that completely leave out their party affiliation in hopes that the voters will somehow forget that they're Democrats.

As a politician you have to stand by your vote and stand up for choices, it's our jobs as citizens to look at those choices and decide if you deserve to keep your jobs or not. You can't get away from your past, just deal with it.

Democratic supporters are scrambling to run as many smear campaigns as they can before the November elections and so far none of them are having the desired affect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 12:53 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,105 times
Many candidates - both Republic and Democrat - don't mention which party they are with.
Rick Perry & Susana Martinez's commercials don't mention that they are Republicans.
The only fair comparison is head-to-head in the same race - who mentions their affiliation and who doesn't.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:02 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
And you have this nonsense:

Democratic Bailout Baloney | FactCheck.org

Quote:

At least five freshman Democratic House members are running ads claiming they voted against the bank "bailout," when in fact none was in Congress when the bill setting up the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP, was enacted.
  • Mary Jo Kilroy says she "voted against the bank bailout."
  • Kathy Dahlkemper says she voted "against a bailout that helped Wall Street."
  • Frank Kratovil claims to have cast his vote in opposition to "the big bank bailout."
  • Dina Titus’ ad maintains she "even voted against the bank bailout."
  • Glenn Nye’s ad tells viewers he went "against his own party" and "voted against the Wall Street bailout."

Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 PM

Democrats lie, it's basically in their party plan.

I've seen a few local Democrats running political ads claiming that they stood up to Obama. Yeah, sure you did... you supported that idiot and his health care nightmare, you voted against the people in your district and now you want to hide from it. Not gonna happen, time for you to find a new line of work.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,211,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
the entire party is frantic right now because of the unavoidable slaughter that's going to take place in November. Many of the Democrats who proudly voted for Obamacare are now hiding from that voting record, many are even creating campaign ads that completely leave out their party affiliation in hopes that the voters will somehow forget that they're Democrats.

As a politician you have to stand by your vote and stand up for choices, it's our jobs as citizens to look at those choices and decide if you deserve to keep your jobs or not. You can't get away from your past, just deal with it.

Democratic supporters are scrambling to run as many smear campaigns as they can before the November elections and so far none of them are having the desired affect.
I'll start by pointing out your whole post is opinion, and I see no survey links or evidence to back up your opinions. That being said, I shall point out my opinion, in the spirit of the OP, sans evidence as well:

-Democrats will keep control of the senate.

-Republicans will gain control of the Congress, but not by a "slaughter." Radical tea party candidates will overwhelmingly lose their primaries, killing the chances for the Republicans to have a crushing victory.

-Republicans will take their congressional victories as a sign that they should become even more radical and right-wing extremists. In 2012, rather than attempt a move to the center to pick up moderates and conservative Democrats, they will believe that the country wants right-wing extremism, and those are the candidates they will field and those are the ones that will win their primaries.

-Democrats will go moderate in 2012, and win the presidency again, and also pick up Congress. Republicans will regroup after their losses, and possibly come up with a more diverse palette of moderate candidates who appeal to a larger base of voters (not JUST the extremists), in anticipation of 2014 and 2016.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:12 PM

516 posts, read 376,012 times
Wishful thinking but if I were a lefty that's what I'd think too.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:15 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
-Republicans will gain control of the Congress
My concern is that Republicans will use their majority to focus on impeaching Obama instead on enacting positive legislation. They did the same in the 1990's - focusing on bringing down Clinton instead of doing their jobs.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
My concern is that Republicans will use their majority to focus on impeaching Obama instead on enacting positive legislation. They did the same in the 1990's - focusing on bringing down Clinton instead of doing their jobs.
I don't care if they impeach Obama, as long as they stop any of this plans from moving forward and they work to defund the health care nightmare they're doing their jobs in my opinion.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:17 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
We are all good on legislation for now...unless it is being enacted to remove roadblocks for private sector growth, which Dems aren't likely to support anyhow.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:18 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,211,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
Wishful thinking but if I were a lefty that's what I'd think too.
We have only to wait until November. I'm going to set a reminder on my computer calendar, and I'll go ahead and refresh this thread on that day, regardless of who wins or loses. This is not a time for Republicans to be counting unhatched eggs, but they just cannot help themselves. They are positively giddy like children on Christmas eve. There is no logical reason for this to be so, especially not after they allowed the radicals to take over their party.

My predictions stand, I'd like to hear yours (for the record, if you would).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies