Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 08:45 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
How come racism, for the most part, is still associated only with whites?

If it's because of history, then please shoot me. Whites today are not that same as whites of the past. Contrary to popular belief, not all whites are hateful, genocidal racists.

Here is an example of a hateful, genocidal racist.

YouTube

Fact: Every race has its racists.

Not all whites are racist.

Not all racists are white.

It's just irritating when racism is thought of as an invention of some sort by Europeans, or that only people of European decent can be racist.

Typical lib- programmed to hate white people.

Blacks, for the most part, are far more "racist" than whites. What do you think the chances of a white person, walking through Harlem at night, would be relative to a black person walking through Beverley Hills?

Blacks are much more disparaging of whites, rather than the other way around. Witness our own president, who is purported to despise white people.

Want to experience the "champs" of racism? Go to Japan- they hate the Chinese, Koreans, and really, really despise blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 08:48 PM

860 posts, read 1,110,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Because people as individuals don`t want to see there own sin so they have to continualy point the finger at others. Also, the media and the "left" perpetuates this. They use others as a scapegoat intstead of putting responsiblility on were it should be. People of all cultures are guilty of being prejiduce, the white person just happens to be the scapegoat in the media and to other people.
White people started racism and are far from scapegoats.

For example, Hollywood is very racist. White people control Hollywood and all you mostly see on television and movies are white people.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:50 PM

860 posts, read 1,110,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
To the OP:
Racism is attributed to whites mostly now because of our unfortunate past in this nation. People of all races have had racist attitudes both in the past and today however in the past only whites had the power and ability to act upon those feelings in any meaningful way in this nation. So our most powerful images of racism come from slavery, cross burnings, Jim Crow, etc. There's nothing we can do about the past except accept it and let it go. We can learn from our mistakes and move forward to a brighter future. Racism won't die until we collectively let go of it and move beyond it.
Exactly, but white people will not let it go. Whites are still very racist even today.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:53 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,299,930 times
I thought this was a post racist society Guess not from this thread.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Typical lib- programmed to hate white people.

Blacks, for the most part, are far more "racist" than whites. What do you think the chances of a white person, walking through Harlem at night, would be relative to a black person walking through Beverley Hills?

Blacks are much more disparaging of whites, rather than the other way around. Witness our own president, who is purported to despise white people.

Want to experience the "champs" of racism? Go to Japan- they hate the Chinese, Koreans, and really, really despise blacks.
A hell of a lot of white people live in Harlem. Like tens of thousands. You know nothing about the place, and that's pretty obvious.

Blacks walking in Beverly Hills at night while NOT being a resident wouldn't be walking there very long. Not on the residential streets they won't.

Blacks are more disparaging of whites? How would you know that? One would actually have to be around blacks to know what our conversations consist of...(hint, hint).

Our president is "purported" to despise white people? By whom? Rush.

And the Japanese aren't the champs of racism. That's nonsense.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:54 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
Exactly, but white people will not let it go. Whites are still very racist even today.
Whites are racist, blacks are racist, Asians are racist, etc. Racism is a virus that plagues every culture and race. Until we let go of this irrational fear and hatred we have of each other we'll never heal as a society.

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."-The Buddha.

I think Americans as a whole could learn a lot from that statement.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:47 AM

147 posts, read 312,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And the Japanese aren't the champs of racism. That's nonsense.
Actually, the Japanese are openly racist. When was the last time you witnessed a "White people only" sign in the US? Because "Japanese people only" sign is very common all around Japan, even in Tokyo.

As for the title of this thread, I'm personally 20 years old and most racism I have seen in my life was actually Black racism. Obviously, I've seen some rednecks blaming Latinos, Blacks and Asians for everything but they were mostly old folks while Black racism is particularly present among the youth.

Some time ago there was a black s**tstorm on tumblr that started when some princess in new Disney movie was set to be pale white (because the story was written by H. C. Andersen, a 19th century Danish writer). They were insulting white people for being white and they were blaming Disney for that princess' skin color which in my opinion was really stupid as I said before, the movie was to be based on an old Scandinavian fairytale so it would be pretty difficult to introduce a black character. Anyway, the rage quickly evaluated from white princess to everything white and it was really not nice. I mean, it's not my fault I'm white, is it?

Hopefully, all that racist comments were posted while being anonymous and I hope no one would support them under their true name. But the problem, in my opinion, exists.

Last edited by szyy; 12-25-2013 at 07:55 AM..

Old 12-25-2013, 10:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szyy View Post
Actually, the Japanese are openly racist. When was the last time you witnessed a "White people only" sign in the US? Because "Japanese people only" sign is very common all around Japan, even in Tokyo.

As for the title of this thread, I'm personally 20 years old and most racism I have seen in my life was actually Black racism. Obviously, I've seen some rednecks blaming Latinos, Blacks and Asians for everything but they were mostly old folks while Black racism is particularly present among the youth.

Some time ago there was a black s**tstorm on tumblr that started when some princess in new Disney movie was set to be pale white (because the story was written by H. C. Andersen, a 19th century Danish writer). They were insulting white people for being white and they were blaming Disney for that princess' skin color which in my opinion was really stupid as I said before, the movie was to be based on an old Scandinavian fairytale so it would be pretty difficult to introduce a black character. Anyway, the rage quickly evaluated from white princess to everything white and it was really not nice. I mean, it's not my fault I'm white, is it?

Hopefully, all that racist comments were posted while being anonymous and I hope no one would support them under their true name. But the problem, in my opinion, exists.
That doesn't make the Japanese world class racists. That's simply not true.

And an online Tumblr argument isn't indicative of anything except the fact that online posters are usually a bunch of idiots.

Old 12-25-2013, 04:45 PM

147 posts, read 312,815 times
Well, if a country allows its citizens to create laws just like it was in Nazi Germany (Nur fur Deutsche shops, train cars etc.) and you say it's not world class racist then I would really like to know what is world class racism.

Well, as for Tumblr - I know I can't judge the entire population based on that. But it is representative for some part of that population and as white people do not post racist comments there, it indicates black youth is more racist than white, Latino or Asian youth.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:57 PM

18 posts, read 14,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
White people started racism and are far from scapegoats.

For example, Hollywood is very racist. White people control Hollywood and all you mostly see on television and movies are white people.
There's a big world out there... Whites are only 12% of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies