Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 09:07 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
From your own link..

The flag should never have placed on it, or attached to it, any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind.

So, by signing the flag she 'broke the rules'.

Also, it doesn't matter if she's currently running for office or not. She's putting her face out there the same as any other politician (or should she now be considered a reality TV show hostess?) so she's fair game.
But when the left is not willing to place similar responsibility on the POTUS the agenda is clear of a smear campaign. "Fair game" is only fair when the same standard is applied uniformly for current public figures. Otherwise it is just the same tired double standard we've come to expect from the left.

It is quite clear I never defended Palin's actions. All I did was point out the double standard and feigned outrage by the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 09:28 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
[quote=lifelongMOgal;16343629]But when the left is not willing to place similar responsibility on the POTUS the agenda is clear of a smear campaign. "Fair game" is only fair when the same standard is applied uniformly for current public figures. Otherwise it is just the same tired double standard we've come to expect from the left.

It is quite clear I never defended Palin's actions. All I did was point out the double standard and feigned outrage by the OP.[/QUOTE]

In other words, you diverted the subject to something you are more familiar with..OPB..Other Party Bashing.

So let's hear it. Say you are ashamed or embarrassed that Palin signed a flag. I've seen other posters on here who admitted to voting for Obama and now are having second thoughts. Show us your humanity!

Old 10-21-2010, 09:31 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What is it? Looks like another bad painting from the same person who painted the picture of the presidents..with Obama's foot on the Constitution.
No, that is the real deal, Ayers standing on the American Flag.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Ma...01/No-Regrets/

Anything else I can help you with?

Old 10-21-2010, 09:35 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Did Sarah Palin desecrate the American flag? - Sarah Palin - Salon.com

more proof that the right has not the first clue what the American flag really means, nor how to properly respect it.

They love to bastardize it by making shirts, hats and pins (you all remember the PINS, don't you?) out of it. And now, this one loves it so so so much - she writes her name on it!
Sorry, there's no law against burning or otherwise damaging the flag. It's part of what that very flag stands for. So this is a non-issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Those that condemn her .... please defend this:
Again, he has every right to do that. It's a non-issue. Those of you who wish it was illegal to damage the flag are more damaging to what the flag represents than those who walk on it, wear it, write on it, or burn it.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:39 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
This is about as stupid as the flag pin brouhahah. Symbols are for the symbol-minded.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:41 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The only thing pathological here is Palin's outsized ego.
She gets her self-esteem from God and Todd, not no stinking public school system.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Did Sarah Palin desecrate the American flag? - Sarah Palin - Salon.com

more proof that the right has not the first clue what the American flag really means, nor how to properly respect it.

They love to bastardize it by making shirts, hats and pins (you all remember the PINS, don't you?) out of it. And now, this one loves it so so so much - she writes her name on it!
and this comes directly from Salon. wow, I am impressed!!!!

Old 10-21-2010, 09:56 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
There is more than enough legitimate craziness about Sarah Palin that we don't have to act like the lunatic right by making irrelevant mountains out of mole hills.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:58 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Hmm. Must be something wrong with me. Even though I am not a fan of Ms. Palin, I see nothing 'wrong' in her signing the American flag. I imagine the person that owns the flag is thrilled and will keep the flag for many, many years.

In case anyone is interested, on Ebay is an American flag that was signed by 7 member of the "Miracle on Ice" American hockey team.

1980 OLYMPIC MIRACLE ON ICE 7 SIGNED AMERICAN FLAG L@@K - eBay (item 380266278808 end time Nov-04-10 18:22:59 PDT)

Old 10-21-2010, 10:02 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Only a Palin supporter would be dumb enough to want her to sign the flag, and only Palin would be dumb enough to do such a horrible thing.
i agree that both wanting a flag signed, and the act of signing it, are dumb.

yet i wonder how loudly you screamed when obama's buddy bill trampled on the flag for a photoshoot.

probably not very..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies