Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:49 AM
JD.

199 posts, read 488,373 times

Advertisements

Continue to roll over for Muslim extremists and see what happens. Great Britain is realizing it right now. They have no intention of living peacefully with any other culture/religion than their own, they are intent on killing or subjugating non-believers. I understand that their are many moderate Muslims but where are they?

Comparing Christians to radical Muslims is ridiculous. When was the last time you saw a Christian strap bombs to their children to blow up a Super Wal-Mart or use families as human shields to progress their suicidal agenda? Oh, and wasn't it the Muslims who killed thousands of Americans on September 11,2001? Or is it only politically correct to bash Christians, while you turn a blind eye to Islamic radicals? I guess the only group of people that it is hip to be racist towards is white Christians. Last time I checked Christians don't have a claus in their religion stating that if you leave it you have the right to be killed.

Your anti-Semitic comments regarding Christianity show how narrow-minded and hateful you truly are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 12:03 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,876,922 times
Imperial armies require empires to justify their own existence.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:09 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,527,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD. View Post
How about the lack of morality in Europe as a whole? .
This is based on ????????????????

Old 07-11-2007, 12:12 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,884,665 times
Quote:
Continue to roll over for Muslim extremists and see what happens. Great Britain is realizing it right now. They have no intention of living peacefully with any other culture/religion than their own, they are intent on killing or subjugating non-believers. I understand that their are many moderate Muslims but where are they?

Comparing Christians to radical Muslims is ridiculous. When was the last time you saw a Christian strap bombs to their children to blow up a Super Wal-Mart or use families as human shields to progress their suicidal agenda? Oh, and wasn't it the Muslims who killed thousands of Americans on September 11,2001? Or is it only politically correct to bash Christians, while you turn a blind eye to Islamic radicals? I guess the only group of people that it is hip to be racist towards is white Christians. Last time I checked Christians don't have a claus in their religion stating that if you leave it you have the right to be killed.

Your anti-Semitic comments regarding Christianity show how narrow-minded and hateful you truly are.
As a white Christian myself, I think you're a bit misguided and hot-headed. I totally acknowledge that there are radical Islamists and they are carrying out Jihad. I'm not stupid. What I am saying is that to me it seems the extremists Christian right seem to be laying the groundwork for a more radical doctine. Instead of trending toward being more open and accepting, it seems like many are hunkering down, attacking others, claiming they themselves are "under attack", reverting back to "traditionalist" teachings, and proposing that the U.S. should become a Christian theocracy. Is that not true?

Anti-semitic? I'm only talking about the radicals. Calm down.

burdell, I think he's referring to people smoking dope in Amsterdam.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:14 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,574,272 times
JD and Magellan, many good points--depressing and disturbing, but good points. It's a simple fact of human interaction that sometimes your choices are reduced to "being the bully" or "being bullied", period. There's no such position as "neutral". We can continue to seek diplomatic and civilized remedies as palatable as to all sids as possible. But, much as we've eliminated it from modern polite discourse, there is still "evil" in the world, and sometimes we will have no choice but to acknowledge it and confront it. Rodney King once asked "Can't we all just get along ?" I'd like to tell him now that "No, Rodney, apparently we can't; at least not all the time, and not with everybody".
It's as simple a concept as confronting the "schoolyard bully" (these were a very real feature of my childhoood, though I believe they've been by-and-large legislated out of current 3rd-grade culture). You can be as nice as you want, and fair to everyone, but sometimes someone comes along who just doesn't respond. At times like that, you simply must have a "plan B". This simple reality still holds true in all human interaction.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
burdell, I think he's referring to people smoking dope in Amsterdam.
HEATHENS!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:31 PM
JD.

199 posts, read 488,373 times
Agree completely with your last post macmeal. Appeasement only makes the agressor more aggresive.

Magellan:
What I am trying to say is that there are bigger fish to fry than Pat Robertson on the 700 Club. While jihadists are preparing their toddlers for 'Holy War' people here are bickering about wether some girl should be able to wear a cross necklace around her neck. If we continue to be complacent about Islamic extremists because it might offend them, we might as well wave the white flag right now and have our ladies put on their birkas and abide by Islamic law, or be stoned, have acid thrown on their faces, etc. I just can't understand why Christianity is the target of so much criticism and down right hate when those same people are eerily silent when the latest terrorist plot or London car bomb is found, they just write them off as 'amateurs'. I think it is completely understandable if fellow Christians feel they have to hunker down and defend themselves, turn on the news some night and you'll understand why! Don't put on your blinders and pretend nothing is happening.

The moral decay in Europe is caused by legal drugs, prostitution, lack of family values, 'anything goes' mentality. You can't have a stable society if the family structure is relegated to a status of unimportance.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:40 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,876,922 times
I wonder if in your zeal to hunt down Islamic militants just how far are you willing to go? How many are you willing to kill either by having your army do the deed or would you be willing to do it your very own self? How many? Kill a few of them after they have attacked? Kill many of they before they have attacked? Destroy the schools of jihad along with the teachers and the children learning to be martyrs?

Just how far do you want to take this defensive killing? The upper limit seems to be around a couple of billion Muslims? Would this be enough? What is your limit?

I know mine but I am asking about yours.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
The moral decay in Europe is caused by legal drugs, prostitution, lack of family values, 'anything goes' mentality. You can't have a stable society if the family structure is relegated to a status of unimportance.

From what I've seen in (admitedly not all of) Europe family is valued at least as much and probably more than the norm in the US.

And I'd like to see any compelling evidence that something like legalized marijuana in Amsterdam does anything but save the government millions thrown away in ineffective anti-drug campaigns. I have to believe no more social/medical damage than that caused by the big $$$ lobby backed liquor/tobacco industries in the US.

Your're certainly entitled to your opinion but are there hard facts?

Old 07-11-2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
It's as simple a concept as confronting the "schoolyard bully" (these were a very real feature of my childhoood, though I believe they've been by-and-large legislated out of current 3rd-grade culture). You can be as nice as you want, and fair to everyone, but sometimes someone comes along who just doesn't respond. At times like that, you simply must have a "plan B". This simple reality still holds true in all human interaction.

To continue the analogy I have to ask has anyone ever known a schoolyard bully who didn't eventually have their clock cleaned by an even bigger, meaner, nastier bully?

I don't think so and I think it eventually applies to nations also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies