Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:12 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times

Advertisements

Shades of 2000 & 2004..........

"The elections are days away, but the winners are virtually certain: the corporations and conservative operatives taking advantage of the Supreme Court’s Citizens United ruling. "

A Conservative Shadow Army Is Secretly Buying Off the Election for the GOP | Tea Party and the Right | AlterNet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 11:35 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,813 times
I dont believe it-------conservative tea party attorney winning lawsuits and funneling money into warchests of conservative candidates across the country----no couldnt be true---can it??

I have faith that the teaparty which stands for integrity, principles of fair play and justice, and a positive agenda for America would never stand for this----right Rush---right Oreilly---right Beck????

Watch you back America----for the all the hooting and hollering about the devastating path of Obama, the direction and control that will be the agenda if the conservative wing gains control again will have the same result that occured in 2007-2008. The regulatory agencies will again take another well deserved vacation-----the financial coffers and tax breaks will again be funneled into corporate accounts, and holy rollers will dance in the streets until another major recession strikes within a couple of years.

Lets face it----we do need major restructuring in the country----debt is becoming way too high----litigation is killing the country----and more creative and inventive tax codes do need to be developed in order to light an economic fire. If you buy the fishoil that the the teabags are selling the handwriting is on the wall and the gold rush and grabbag will be underway again----come and get----dinner is served.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:38 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Alternet The liberal version of WorldNetDaily

Old 10-27-2010, 11:45 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Huge sums of money are flowing into both parties, a lot of it "secret." Yes, that's a concern, but let me ask everyone here a simple question:

Can YOUR vote be bought?

I'm guessing the answer is no. So, what are we worried about? That someone elses' vote can be? Are we so sure of ourselves and hold such a low opinion of our fellow voters?

Come on, get serious. All those political operatives, influence peddlers and corporate bagmen can't follow you into the voting booth and tell you how to vote. All they can do is try to influence you. When it comes right down to it, you're alone in that booth and free to vote your conscience.

I can't think right off hand of anyone who DOESN'T do that, so worrying about all that dough "buying" an election is silly.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:54 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
I dont believe it-------conservative tea party attorney winning lawsuits and funneling money into warchests of conservative candidates across the country----no couldnt be true---can it??

I have faith that the teaparty which stands for integrity, principles of fair play and justice, and a positive agenda for America would never stand for this----right Rush---right Oreilly---right Beck????

Watch you back America----for the all the hooting and hollering about the devastating path of Obama, the direction and control that will be the agenda if the conservative wing gains control again will have the same result that occured in 2007-2008. The regulatory agencies will again take another well deserved vacation-----the financial coffers and tax breaks will again be funneled into corporate accounts, and holy rollers will dance in the streets until another major recession strikes within a couple of years.

Lets face it----we do need major restructuring in the country----debt is becoming way too high----litigation is killing the country----and more creative and inventive tax codes do need to be developed in order to light an economic fire. If you buy the fishoil that the the teabags are selling the handwriting is on the wall and the gold rush and grabbag will be underway again----come and get----dinner is served.
Your skepticism is justified and you're right, we do need a major restructuring in this country. But take heart. The wheel does not have to be reinvented. There already is a framework in place to effect the changes we need. It's called the U.S. Constitution. I believe there are members of Congress right now (Demint and Coburn come to mind) that are committed to restoring the governance of this country to constitutional principles and the candidates coming out of the Tea Party are similarly committed. But it's up to us to hold their feet to the fire so that they don't succomb to Potomac fever.

The Tea Party is not about electing Republicans but rather it is about electing people who espouse a limited government agenda and who are determined to end the corrupt alliance of government officials (elected and appointed) and special interests (broadly defined to include corporate, union, racial, gender and ethnic-based groupings and so-called "public interest" lobbyists) that conspire together against the people. And the current crop of elected officials will have two years to demonstrate progress toward these goals. And if they fail to deliver, I'm betting that a strong third party will be formed to challenge the status quo come 2012.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:59 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Kinda like Harry Reid passing out gift cards and free food to illegals or losers who wont work in exchange for a vote.

Or like those who went to vote and Reids name was already checkmarked.

Or like the DNC paying people to go door to door to ask people if they would like to vote and hand them information on only a democratic nominee.

Sure, the Acorns of the world understand the cheating.

This election is about the majority of the people in American SICK of the 3 1.2 years of liberals running congress and a disaster 21 months of the spender in chief Hussein Obama.

Stop your crying already, the election is not even here yet.

All I am looking for one for ONE single REP to take one single DEMWITS seat and it is a huge victory for the American people.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:12 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Kinda like Harry Reid passing out gift cards and free food to illegals or losers who wont work in exchange for a vote.
Blanket amnesty Reagan

Quote:
Republicans who couldn't figure out a simple voting machine.

Quote:
Or like the DNC paying people to go door to door to ask people if they would like to vote and hand them information on only a democratic nominee.
Republicans and third parties do the same thing.

Quote:
This election is about the majority of the people in American SICK of the 3 1.2 years of liberals running congress and a disaster 21 months of the spender in chief Hussein Obama.
People are sick of congress, Obama is in positive approval numbers. NO is likely the reason

Quote:
Seriously,..

Quote:
All I am looking for one for ONE single REP to take one single DEMWITS seat and it is a huge victory for the American people.
If you want to keep supporting communists and make china the world's next superpower.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:25 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Phew! Now I know my Halloween costume...I'm going dressed as a member of the Conservative Shadow Army. Do I get to wear a sword with that?

Old 10-27-2010, 03:15 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Alternet The liberal version of WorldNetDaily
"If you can't attack the topic then attack the source." From the right wings hand book of dirty tricks

Old 10-27-2010, 03:34 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:

Sure, the Acorns of the world understand the cheating.

Once again you have replied with my thoughts exactly. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies