Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 07:28 AM

958 posts, read 2,621,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
That's not the way it happened. McCain was behind in the polls. He picked Palin. McCain was ahead in the polls. He stayed ahead in the polls with Palin until the economy crashed.

McCain lost because the economy crashed. Palin was able to get him votes. She in no way hurt his candidacy.

P.S. Improper use of the word 'too'. Maybe you should learn proper grammar before calling other "dense". Just sayin'
Please explain yourself. How is that improper use of the word "too", as in "as well"? I don't think "to" or "two" fit there, genius. I think you're the dense one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 07:31 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
Please explain yourself. How is that improper use of the word "too", as in "as well"? I don't think "to" or "two" fit there, genius. I think you're the dense one!

Skip it. Such pedantic drudgery isn't worthy of a response. I know of several people who are true geniuses and more aware of things than their fellow men, but who can't write or spell worth a damn.

Don't let him put you on the defensive over nothing but his own obsessive nit-picking.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:52 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Egads, the OP clearly has an agenda here. She is a right winger who wants Palin to WIN. Come on, OP, fess up! You don't fool anyone with this stupid thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Oh, Jesus. It took her like FOUR colleges to graduate with a BA. She is truly a moron. I went to ONE college for four years, ONE college for a master's, etc.
I think you should give mommy and daddy back the money they paid for your so-called education.

Foe someone who claims to be so educated you have shown a true lack of knowledge.

You chastise her for attending 4 colleges. Do you know why she attended 4 colleges? Hint, her mother and father did not pay her way through college. Who paid you way? She WORKED her way through college. She attended when she saved up enough money to pay for her courses.

You portray the typical elitist disdain for someone whom you think is beneath you. You think because you made it through college in 4 years anyone who didn't do as you is inferior.

I's no wonder you and your ilk will be shown the door this Tuesday.

The American people respect people who have a work ethic, not some academia elitist.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:07 AM

958 posts, read 2,621,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I think you should give mommy and daddy back the money they paid for your so-called education.

Foe someone who claims to be so educated you have shown a true lack of knowledge.

You chastise her for attending 4 colleges. Do you know why she attended 4 colleges? Hint, her mother and father did not pay her way through college. Who paid you way? She WORKED her way through college. She attended when she saved up enough money to pay for her courses.

You portray the typical elitist disdain for someone whom you think is beneath you. You think because you made it through college in 4 years anyone who didn't do as you is inferior.

I's no wonder you and your ilk will be shown the door this Tuesday.

The American people respect people who have a work ethic, not some academia elitist.
Work ethic? Palin? You're forgetful. She quit her last real job halfway through her four-year contract.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:53 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
.....a dumb red neck who was made into a laughing stock by Katie Couric. How fast people forget.

Now Sarah is seen as smart. She's become a powerful tea party leader who only has to say that she endorses tea party candidates, and they win elections. As hard of a pill this is for liberals and Democrats to swallow, I think Sarah will probably enter the presidential race and win the 2016 Presidential election.

I am just amazed at how fast people forget.
The only people that see Palins as smart are the people that are less intelligent than she is. There are also many that revel in her stupidity as that can relate to her ignorance and limited intellect. If it were not for the Neocon puppet masters and some really stupid and dumbed dwon Americans, Palin would be a nobody from Wasilly.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:04 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
.....a dumb red neck who was made into a laughing stock by Katie Couric. How fast people forget.

Now Sarah is seen as smart. She's become a powerful tea party leader who only has to say that she endorses tea party candidates, and they win elections. As hard of a pill this is for liberals and Democrats to swallow, I think Sarah will probably enter the presidential race and win the 2016 Presidential election.

She's still an idiot; there are just a lot of dumb rednecks in the country who support her.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:06 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:

Anyone can become the POTUS it was amply proven by The Dear Leader.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:24 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:

Now Sarah is seen as smart. She's become a powerful tea party leader who only has to say that she endorses tea party candidates
Who sees her as 'smart?' People attracted to the Tea Party? Think about it this way: there are a lot of people who wouldn't mind seeing her name as a candidate for the Presidency...mainly because it would virtually guarantee the election for the other candidate!

As to people forgetting--that's life in these United States, as Reader's Digest says.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:29 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:

No...

Just two years ago, the media took random sound bites, blasted and replayed awkward moments, and did everything they could to make her look like an idiot. Is she an idiot? We'll never know. Because we never got a clear idea of what she was about and how much she really knows. Agenda made sure to muddy the waters. Agenda, drama, and stereotyping.

You were manipulated and the media and the parties still count on your short attention span and gullibility to fall for whatever malarkey they're selling now.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:31 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The only people that see Palins as smart are the people that are less intelligent than she is. There are also many that revel in her stupidity as that can relate to her ignorance and limited intellect. If it were not for the Neocon puppet masters and some really stupid and dumbed dwon Americans, Palin would be a nobody from Wasilly.
Just how important is intelligence to the office of President?
I think history has shown us you don't exactly have to be a genius to run the country well and that some geniuses have run the country poorly.

What matters is the platform and the candidates ability to pull off the better parts of their ideas. Connections, savvy, game-playing, strategy...that's all politics is really about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies