Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 06:59 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

So beginning in 2014 there are no more surcharges! Also, in 2014, you won't need a PIN number to get money out of the ATM and by 2016 you won't even need a card! Yay, were moving in the right direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 07:08 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
From the legislation:

"For employer plans that were in existence prior to the date of enactment, young adults can qualify for dependent coverage only if they are not eligible for an employment-based health insurance plan until 2014. Beginning in 2014, young adults can choose to stay on their parent’s health plan until age 26, even if they are eligible for their own employer-sponsored insurance plan."

Dependent Health Coverage (State Implementation Brief)

I already pointed that out to them. I was informed I was incorrectly interpreting the legislation. Two days later my Principal counseled me concerning upsetting employees in the Benefits office.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:12 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
Andy Griffith was always a leftist but now he's an old fool leftist. The majority of this country wants nothing to do with this joke legislation and you blind partisan supporters wouldn't either if you had the least bit of a clue of what this bill really is.
How dare you pick on Andy Griffith! Andy Griffith was a decent and moral man who probably did more for this country during a time of great social and political upheaval than any 50 Republicans have ever done. Andy Griffith is what all Americans should be. Strong but compassionate. People that offer others a hand up and not a hand out. People that stand for what is right and just. That is what Andy Griffith is and always has been. If we more Andys and less Madonnas and Paris Hiltons, we'd get this country moving again!

Old 10-31-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The health care bill was a sellout to the medical establishment and insurance industries. Their stocks went up after this bill passed. Nevertheless, I'm in the majority: I wanted it to go farther...

I'm for single-payer socialized medicine and if I have to pay $2K a year in extra income taxes, I have no problem. I'm for removing profit from the medical industry. Practitioners can still get paid a decent salary, but the profits made on the suffering of others has to be terminated.
I feel exactly the same way!

Old 10-31-2010, 07:18 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
I'm for removing profit (a legal requirement) from 1/6th of the US economy.

Why stop there? Why not 1/4, 1/2 or 1/1?

Old 10-31-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
I sure as heck DON'T want it and neither does anyone I know. Why is Andy Griffith being paid with our tax dollars to support it? Do you know for sure that it is government dollars paying for Andy Griffith to make it look like all of us middle Americans in good ole Mayberry RFD think this is a good thing???!!!

BTW, I did catch the commercial and came in from the other room, thinking I recognized that old guys' voice. Wonder if he really does support it; or probably just needed the money since we haven't seen a lot of The Andy Griffith Show lately. Is Barney still alive?
Don Knotts died some years back. And you can see the Andy Griffith show on TV Land at 4:00 and 4:30 every weekday. You can also buy the DVDs of the series and visit the museum and other sites in Mayberry (really called Mt Airy) North Carolina. And he has plenty enough money. Don't forget he still gets paid for Matlock too.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:05 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I already pointed that out to them. I was informed I was incorrectly interpreting the legislation. Two days later my Principal counseled me concerning upsetting employees in the Benefits office.
Wow. I hope you don't have to pay for their odd interpretation of the law. Very odd.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:45 PM

516 posts, read 375,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
How dare you pick on Andy Griffith! Andy Griffith was a decent and moral man who probably did more for this country during a time of great social and political upheaval than any 50 Republicans have ever done. Andy Griffith is what all Americans should be. Strong but compassionate. People that offer others a hand up and not a hand out. People that stand for what is right and just. That is what Andy Griffith is and always has been. If we more Andys and less Madonnas and Paris Hiltons, we'd get this country moving again!
Andy Griffith should curl up and pass into the next world. I liked his TV show too but he was always a far left loon. Don't be fooled by what you saw on TV. Oh wait, you're an obama supporter. Never mind...

Old 10-31-2010, 11:11 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
I'm glad that the majority support a health care system that exceeds what was passed because as we all know, including conservatives, majority rules.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
So you have a bad employer, that makes the law wrong?

?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies