Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2010, 05:18 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Most women I know tend to call it a baby from the moment they find out.
Medically it is not a baby.

if the mother wants to call it a baby, good for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 05:19 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Well that is the topic of this thread.

I would absolutely agree on this point. CPS needs a much bigger budget, and adoption should be open to eligble single parents, and gay couples.

Yes, but how? Increase CPS budget, inject way more money into head start programs. Better sex ed programs, better foster programs. It's all well and good to say "we need to support them", but how exactly?
I think the idea that we should just kill those we don't want to pay for is ludicrous...but that's exactly the argument being put forth by the pro-abortion crowd. that's really what it boils down to, isn't it?

I would tend to disagree with you on the single parents and gays...but we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

And for "support them"...I mean we need to take care of the innocent kids---feed them, house them, etc. We should also teach girls to close their legs if they aren't ready to be a mommy. That goes for boys, too---make them take responsibility, or not get in the situation.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:20 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post

Medically it is still a human, human fetus, but human all the same. Abortion is ending the life of an innocent human.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:21 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post

At what point does it become human? Can you nail down for me specifics? Unless you can, how could you POSSIBLY take the chance that you'd be killing a human being?

Old 11-02-2010, 05:23 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
When you can get pregnant, you get to decide what to do with your body.
Until then, not so much.

You certainly don't get a say in what I do with mine.
Ever.
Yeah I understand all that. The general do-all answer all pro-choicers give, but it would be nice, if you could actually answer the question I provided in that quote of mine. I do my best to answer all of the questions directed towards me so it would be nice if you did the same.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:27 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
At what point does it become human? Can you nail down for me specifics? Unless you can, how could you POSSIBLY take the chance that you'd be killing a human being?
People are never going to agree at what point it becomes a "human".

That is why abortion should remain a personal choice.

You live with your choice and allow others to do the same.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:28 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
It is accepted by the medical community that whilst it is an embryo or fetus it can be aborted.

It is dependent on the host at that point in time.

Now, whether that fits your morals or not is another story.

I do not judge those who choose to have an abortion

Old 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
If a man doesn't want that to happen, he can either keep it in his pants or get sterilized.
That's the price he pays for dallying.
What causes pregnancy - in all cases - SPERM.
Nothing else.

Where does it come from? MEN
But if we (pro-lifers) say that about women, you through a hissy-fit right? How does that work?

Oh and before you come back and start saying I think its all women's fault, you may want to check a previous post by me in this thread where I pointed out how I think it is the responsibility of the man AND woman.

Red: LOL You need to read up on how babies are made. I'm surprised you didn't know this but the woman also has something called an egg that needs to be fertilized by that sperm. Without that egg, no pregnancy.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Thank you, Nita. Apparently, you were the first to answer the questions.

As for the rest of you, rather than try to think of me as someone evil, you might have just answered the questions. That's all they were. I wasn't proposing anything. I don't even care about your position on the question of choice. It's yours to decide, as mine is mine.

I do wonder at what is in your hearts, that you are so quick to assume what is in mine.
I also answered your question in this thread. You may have missed it and don't really want to go back and look for it now so I will just retype it here.

At the moment I am out of a job so I don't donate money. But I do donate my time to my local church's food pantry. I have helped stock it, organize it, clean it, build it, paint it more than a few times. Once I get a job again and regain my financial footing I plan on donating to PP.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Got any proof of a god thing?
Anything? Anything at all, besides your "belief"?
Read some philosophy. Take a philosophy of religion class at your local community college. Its not just simple answers your looking for and definitely worthy of its own thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies