Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 10:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Not familiar with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, which claims over 1 billion followers worldwide? According to this religion, sex is only allowed within marriage and every act of sex has to be open to the possibility conception. Birth control is not allowed unless it is the "rhythm method" (which doesn't work).

Here is a synopsis from Catholic.com: "Ignoring the mountain of evidence, some maintain that the Church considers the use of contraception a matter for each married couple to decide according to their "individual conscience." Yet, nothing could be further from the truth. The Church has always maintained the historic Christian teaching that deliberate acts of contraception are always gravely sinful, which means that it is mortally sinful if done with full knowledge and deliberate consent (CCC 1857). This teaching cannot be changed and has been taught by the Church infallibly...There is no way to deny the fact that the Church has always and everywhere condemned artificial contraception. The matter has already been infallibly decided. The so-called "individual conscience" argument amounts to "individual disobedience."

So??? Where does it say women are baby making machines and all women must have at least 10 kids each? The rhythm method may not have worked but natural family planning is very good at letting a woman know when she is ovulating and can get pregnant. You need to keep up with science.

Even on the pill many women get pregnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 10:52 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Thank GOD we are in the USA where women have the CHOICE.

And none of you "prolifers" can change that.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Oh dear. You terrify me. You are the reason I will never consider myself pro-life, even though I may agree with many of the underlying values. You are the reason I will continue to vote pro-choice, even though on a moral level, I have so little in common with most people in that camp.
Can you explain to me why the concieved child as a product of rape, even though innocent itself, must pay the ultimate price rather than being adopted out after being full term?

Do you really believe that if the fetus is aborted that the woman will instantly and magically heal from her rape as a result of the abortion? Or, are you willing to admit that the scars from rape will stay with the woman longer than the 9 months of a resulting pregnancy, in fact, likely for years to follow, and that the abortion will not really resolve anything for her in the long term?

Old 11-01-2010, 10:54 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
it's not a child. While its dependent on my body I control it.

Who is speaking out for all the women? Obviously you advocate for the coathanger approach.
omg i wasnt going to get on here tonight but i saw this crap and had to post- it is a child as soon as it has a heart beat, thats why its called your baby. and whats the difference its dependent on you after its born also. wheres the fathers rights? oh yeah he is just a sperm doner he gets no rights his only right is to pay that child support whether he wants it or not

Old 11-01-2010, 10:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Thank GOD we are in the USA where women have the CHOICE.

And none of you "prolifers" can change that.
Interesting that you invoke the name of God when it is convenient for you and mock others when doing so. Not only hypocritical but blasphemy as well. Do you think God supports abortion on demand?

Old 11-01-2010, 10:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
That's not pro-life, that's pro choice. You believe that a woman should have the "choice" to murder her child if she is raped. I believe that abortion is murder.
So a woman who is brutalized by being raped should then be forced to carry the conception of the rape? That would seem like cruel and unusual punishment inflicted twice. I'm not sure emotionally how most people would deal with the fact that they were the product of a rape. That would seem to be a life-sentence of emotional issues.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:58 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
So you believe that because the baby depends on you outside of your body, you can still murder it, because it may be a burden to YOUR life?

Because as you say

Do you control whether it lives or dies.
I believe I have made my position clear.

It is not hard to understand. Whilst a FETUS is dependent on my body, I will control it.

Do you really think that a sane person would advocate killing a baby? What kind of projection are you trying to make there?

Your question is a little stupid, in my opinion.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:01 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
omg i wasnt going to get on here tonight but i saw this crap and had to post- it is a child as soon as it has a heart beat, thats why its called your baby. and whats the difference its dependent on you after its born also. wheres the fathers rights? oh yeah he is just a sperm doner he gets no rights his only right is to pay that child support whether he wants it or not
no, it is a child after being born.

Until men can carry babies, yeah it's the womans choice. Which is why the males should protect themselves.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Interesting that you invoke the name of God when it is convenient for you and mock others when doing so. Not only hypocritical but blasphemy as well. Do you think God supports abortion on demand?
That is why I invoke Gawd.

And no doubt he supports abortion on demand. How else do you explain miscarriages? Why does god decide who lives or not?

It is noootttt fairrrrrrr.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:09 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Only God can say when life is viable or not viable---sorry that is the perk for being God.

We all know most abortions are of perfectly healthy, beautiful babies who have nothing wrong with them except a very selfish girl for a mother who wants to do what she wants to do or who thinks getting pregnant won't happen to her. Sorry I have a hard time feeling bad for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies