Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 11:49 AM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Ok, in your opinion, what IS believable ?
$1000 per day ?
$100,000 per day ?

How much do you think is spent per day for a Presidential trip ?
What we think is irrelevant, the White House doesn't release information on the amount of money that is costs to protect the president. However, the Pentagon released a statement in regards to this hyper inflated estimate conservatives are using.

34 warships = 10% of the navy
President Clinton's trip to Africa in the 90's (adjusted for inflation) cost $2.5 million per day, so to suggest that Obama's trip will cost 100x that amount is absurd even by neoconservative measures.

As Anderson Cooper said, "there are so many reasons out there to hate Obama, there is no need to lie..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 11:55 AM

150 posts, read 426,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
They believe anything, absolutely anything, no matter how absurd that frames Obama in a negative light. It's tiresome, at best. I mean c'mon, 200,000,000.00 a day in India, how is that believable?
It's just easy to believe because Obama is always, ALWAYS wrong. And whenever Limbaugh, Hannity or Levin are wrong, they come back and correct themselves later. And Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin are rarely wrong.

I can't remember who it was, but I did hear on the radio, either Schnitt or Hannity, that the $200M/day figure was wrong, but that we do not know the actual figure.

I actually wonder, skye, if you, or any other lib, can point out an instance, any quote, where Limbaugh, Hannity or Levin were wrong? Can you point out anything from any other conservative where they are wrong?

Old 11-05-2010, 11:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
What we think is irrelevant, the White House doesn't release information on the amount of money that is costs to protect the president. However, the Pentagon released a statement in regards to this hyper inflated estimate conservatives are using.

34 warships = 10% of the navy
President Clinton's trip to Africa in the 90's (adjusted for inflation) cost $2.5 million per day, so to suggest that Obama's trip will cost 100x that amount is absurd even by neoconservative measures.

As Anderson Cooper said, "there are so many reasons out there to hate Obama, there is no need to lie..."
Honestly I don't care how much he spends.
Bernake can't keep up with what the US is spending as it is.
Eventually something will break. And then we can pick up the pieces and start over again..maybe without the deep greed and corruption.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:00 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
First of all, this didn't come from Rush or Hannity, but from India.
Limbaugh repeated it as fact - without giving a source - or verifying the source - or even clueing in that the number is ludicrous. If someone in India said that Obama is really a Martian then Limbaugh would repeat it as fact and demand that Obama prove otherwise.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:00 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Honestly I don't care how much he spends.
Anyway, I'm sure it would take a dozen trips like this to catch up to the travel expenses Pelosi has stuck the taxpayers with...

Old 11-05-2010, 12:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
It's just easy to believe because Obama is always, ALWAYS wrong. And whenever Limbaugh, Hannity or Levin are wrong, they come back and correct themselves later. And Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin are rarely wrong.

I can't remember who it was, but I did hear on the radio, either Schnitt or Hannity, that the $200M/day figure was wrong, but that we do not know the actual figure.

I actually wonder, skye, if you, or any other lib, can point out an instance, any quote, where Limbaugh, Hannity or Levin were wrong? Can you point out anything from any other conservative where they are wrong?
Is it possible you believe Obama is "always, always wrong," because Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin make their livings by telling you he is?

I don't know that Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin make presidential decisions. Do they?

Old 11-05-2010, 12:06 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post

1) Glenn Beck saying that Obama has a deep hatred for white people.
2) Tucker Bounds saying that Palin was in charge of deploying the National Guard
3) The "birther" movement saying that Obama was born in Kenya
..)

I hope for your sake that your post was satirical...

Old 11-05-2010, 12:12 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
LOL birther/dentist Orly Taitz wrote on her website that Anderson Cooper told Michele Bachmann
about the number of people Obama will take to India with him and the 200 million per day it will
cost when it was the other way around, Bachmann told Cooper that. I won't post the link to her
website b/c I believe it to be infected with malware but it's easy to find if you want to read the full
article, just google her name.

Quote:
Today Anderson Cooper, a reporter from CNN, interviewed Congresswoman Michele Bachmann
and reported that President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are now going on a trip to
Mumbai, India, with 3,000 individuals entourage

Old 11-05-2010, 12:45 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times
At this point, every dollar spent by our so-called 'Government' is a dollar we're borrowing from the Chinese. Shanghai's bankers should be pleased by this trip.

Isn't The Bamazoid the one who was urging all Americans to 'tighten their belts' or something?

In Mississippi, a Baptist wedding can easily run over a quarter-million. So, I'm not fazed by the dollar amount associated with such a huge undertaking as transporting The Kenyan and its posse...I mean 'entourage'... to the Third World Hellhole which serves as the model for what our 'Elites' are trying to turn America into...

But those Baptists marrying off their big-headed blonde Princess Brittnayhes with flourescent white teeth the size of Elephant tusks.... well... they generally have the money already in the bank. Some of them have been saving for those extravagances for decades. Half their mommas are doctors making four times that amount in a year. Some of their daddies are lawyers making that much in a month. In any event, they can afford it.

America cannot afford that trip. We're broke. We can't afford anything! When you're living on borrowed money, you cannot afford anything!

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 11-05-2010 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: and...

Old 11-05-2010, 12:46 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
This great leader, this great man, this human piece of excrement.

US to spend $200 mn a day on Obama's Mumbai visit

Doesn't even have the courage to stay home and face the music. Yet you still blindly follow this fool. for you.
Are you kidding me? You actually fell for this story! I just saw a string of people on tv that said that this figure is so distorted that it's ridiculous. Even a spokesman for the Pentagon said they would not send 10% of the Navy fleet to one region due to the president's overseas trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies