Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 07:20 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,883,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
If he had an "R" in front of his name every other thread would be about this.

Whatever the cost, taking a trip with 3000 guests and all the rest while many Americans are out of work SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN TAKEN PERIOD!
But it's not true. But I guess we're living in an age when truth doesn't matter. People can say whatever the hell they want and that makes it the truth and then people rant and rave accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 07:22 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,256,168 times
Pentagon dismisses 34 warships, $200 ml a day cost Indian media reports | (http://www.washingtonbanglaradio.com/content/111398310-pentagon-dismisses-34-warships-200-ml-day-cost-indian-media-reports - broken link)

Quote:
The Pentagon has dismissed as ‘absolutely absurd’ and ‘comical’ Indian media reports that US President Barack Obama will be protected by 34 US warships during his visit to India this weekend.
It appears people have been punked by New Delhi's version of The Onion.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:31 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
But it's not true. But I guess we're living in an age when truth doesn't matter. People can say whatever the hell they want and that makes it the truth and then people rant and rave accordingly.
You are correct - it is NOT true. Too many posters on c-d live on a steady diet of Fox news and/or its derivatives.

Quote:
As FactCheck.org notes, there is no evidence to support the $200 million figure (other than the anonymous quote), and it seems like a serious stretch in light of the fact that the entire war in Afghanistan costs less on a daily basis.

Writing about the initial report, the Wall Street Journal calls it "demonstrably incorrect" even without considering the $200 million claim.

"It says the White House had blocked off the entire Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai - it hasn't - and that the press traveling with Mr. Obama will be staying there. We won't," writes Jonathan Weisman. "Besides, the press pays its own way at considerable cost to the media outlets, not the U.S. taxpayer." Cost of Obama's Trip to India Angers Right - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 11-05-2010, 07:37 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,026,415 times
Until some reputable WH source releases a different figure, I think the American People, who are paying for this trip, will continue to go with the only reported figure given to date; i.e., $200 mill./day. Ridiculously, unbelievably expensive - yes. But, given the times we live in, not totally out of the question. I know Clinton's last trip was $5+ mill/day; but that was a number of years ago, with less turmoil and danger in the world and without the additional cost of three additional family members. So, who knows...

Old 11-05-2010, 07:42 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,256,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
Until some reputable WH source releases a different figure, I think the American People, who are paying for this trip, will continue to go with the only reported figure given to date; i.e., $200 mill./day. Ridiculously, unbelievably expensive - yes. But, given the times we live in, not totally out of the question. I know Clinton's last trip was $5+ mill/day; but that was a number of years ago, with less turmoil and danger in the world and without the additional cost of three additional family members. So, who knows...
So you like to play the fool? Fair enough. Explains alot too. Although I did post a little something for you to read...if you choose to that is. But if you are waiting for cold, hard $$ amounts you may as well just admit you are going to belive ANYTHING you read as long as it let's you hate who you want.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:54 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,204,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseek1 View Post
I can't believe you still have people buying this whole "200 miilion a day, 34 ships" BS.

wow.
It's the latest bullpoop Obama smear campaign by the RWNJs....

Old 11-05-2010, 09:09 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,026,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
So you like to play the fool? Fair enough. Explains alot too. Although I did post a little something for you to read...if you choose to that is. But if you are waiting for cold, hard $$ amounts you may as well just admit you are going to belive ANYTHING you read as long as it let's you hate who you want.
My, my, my, Ceece. You sound so angry tonight. Nothing good on T.V.?

Old 11-05-2010, 10:41 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,476,711 times
Why hasn't the thread title been changed when this is clearly another lie?

Old 11-05-2010, 10:43 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,476,711 times
Quote:
Sounds like you'll believe anything...

Old 11-05-2010, 11:05 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,463,472 times
Quote:
I bet you'd be singing a different tune if this same story came out on a right-wing president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies