Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:45 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
LOL, but it's just opinions. People just DISAGREE with it. It's totally invalid, and anyone who is against it can not come up with a VALID reason. "I just think it's between a man a woman". Well that's great, but not everyone has tunnel vision and we see the world outside our farms.

No wonder the right calls the left smug---the right is just full of morons who just don't get it.
I live in Boston, no farms here and I still oppose gay marriage. Not because I have anything against gays but because I believe that two dudes together is simply not equal to a man and a woman together. Biologically or sociologically.
It never will be!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 09:50 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Who I marry is none of your business. Now get out of MY life.
Wow, I never would have guessed Greg.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Why are people so threatened by this? Just don't marry someone of the same sex if you disagree and leave others alone? Gosh, people are so dense it's scary
It's just the typical NeoConfused hypocrisy: "We're for less government regulation unless it suits our agenda:

Old 11-03-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I live in Boston, no farms here and I still oppose gay marriage. Not because I have anything against gays but because I believe that two dudes together is simply not equal to a man and a woman together. Biologically or sociologically.
It never will be!

Yet a corporation can be a person under the law?

Old 11-03-2010, 10:09 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm2010 View Post
Maybe because marriage is a holy sanctity...duh!
Where is separation of Church and State?

That damned Roosevelt!

Old 11-03-2010, 10:15 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
If a man marries another man---why does it bother you? I don't like seafood and I can't understand how people can get past that fishy taste.. but who am I to tell people to NOT eat fish because I disagree with it.

It's stupid.

Anyone who opposes gay americans having equal rights, are stupid.

Sorry that the "happy white Christian America" isn't turning out the way you all planned.
Gays currently have exactly the same rights to marry someone of the opposite sex as does anyone. Those are EQUAL rights. What gays want are special rights, not equal.

Looks like the people of Iowa have spoken. Don't like it, don't live in Iowa.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:18 AM

67 posts, read 107,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It never will be!
As I said previously, you Americans are so obsessed with sex.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Where is separation of Church and State?

That damned Roosevelt!
In the Lutheran Church (LCMS), the only sacraments are BAPTISM and COMMUNION.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Flock Of Budgies View Post
In the Lutheran Church (LCMS), the only sacraments are BAPTISM and COMMUNION.
It seems for many here their favorite religious ceremony is attempting to impose their beliefs on others.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It seems for many here their favorite religious ceremony is attempting to impose their beliefs on others.
That's exactly what I don't do. My religious beliefs are my own, and I discuss them with my wife or others that are open to such discussions. My wife and I don't force our Lutheran beliefs on anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies