Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 05:45 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,004 times

Advertisements

With T party folks showing up in Washington for the first time in Jan. 2011 demanding NO PORK, Balanced Budgets, Smaller Government etc. it will be like a three ring circus. I can hardly wait! Wait till they realize the defense budget and interest on the debt alone add up to a trillion dollars. Thank goodness Bill Maher shot down Ms O'Donnel...I knew more about our government than she does.

Other than Rand Paul I figure it will take the rest about six months to fall in line with the Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 05:54 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Boehner controls the committee chairs in the house, and they're not going to be tea party freshmen. The freshmen either get in line with the party, or they get pushed to the side--it's the republican way. It isn't going to take six months. They'll do lots of screaming and yelling at first (with lots of proposed legislation that they know isn't going to go anywhere) to appease the base, and then it'll be republican business as usual. They've been duped. Welcome to the world of actually having to govern.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Yeah, silly them.
They should have aligned themselves with the fiscally responsible Dems

Old 11-03-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah, silly them.
They should have aligned themselves with the fiscally responsible Dems
Hey! Don't get me wrong. I was a Republican for most of my life. I bailed out on them when they became the party of spend and borrow. Ronald Reagan quadrupled the national debt then when Bush43 took over a blanced budget he cut taxes for the rich(twice) and doubled it again.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
With T party folks showing up in Washington for the first time in Jan. 2011 demanding NO PORK, Balanced Budgets, Smaller Government etc. it will be like a three ring circus. I can hardly wait! Wait till they realize the defense budget and interest on the debt alone add up to a trillion dollars. Thank goodness Bill Maher shot down Ms O'Donnel...I knew more about our government than she does.

Other than Rand Paul I figure it will take the rest about six months to fall in line with the Republicans.
Watching morning Joe this morning,

Joe said,

"So Rand, how are you going to tell the Republican establishment not to repeat the lessons of the past" (meaning the less taxes, spend more mistakes of the Bush era)

Rand Paul said,

"Joe, do you think they'll listen to me?"

Quote of the day!!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Joe said,

"So Rand, how are you going to tell the Republican establishment not to repeat the lessons of the past" (meaning the less taxes, spend more mistakes of the Bush era)

Rand Paul said,

Quote of the day!!!!
My point exactly! Ron Paul has been the most outspoken Libertarian of this era and they say "The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree."

Ron Paul has never stopped harping endlessly on small government, bascially isolation and balanced budgets. He's an antique.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:39 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:

Joe said,

Rand Paul said,

Quote of the day!!!!
Exactly

Old 11-03-2010, 06:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Why don't we balance the budget by confiscating and selling to the debt holders all the property in the US worth more than a million bucks. Then the new oeners could pay the property taxes.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:

Joe said,

Rand Paul said,

Quote of the day!!!!
So are you saying Paul won't keep his word to those who voted for him? He said he would fight for a balanced budget amendment and a constitutional government. Will he do that like his dad has always done or will he break his promise?

Old 11-03-2010, 06:57 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,603,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Boehner controls the committee chairs in the house, and they're not going to be tea party freshmen. The freshmen either get in line with the party, or they get pushed to the side--it's the republican way. It isn't going to take six months. They'll do lots of screaming and yelling at first (with lots of proposed legislation that they know isn't going to go anywhere) to appease the base, and then it'll be republican business as usual. They've been duped. Welcome to the world of actually having to govern.
Exactly! That's what kills me! So much talk about being anti-Washington, they're going to reform, blah blah...guess what, guys, you're going to Washington, you have to work with Washington. I mean in NC we've got Renee Ellmers, who never before ran for office, who won based on anti-Washington promises. Really? Let's see how THAT works out.

(glad she's not in my district) (my guy won and kept the district blue)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies