Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 07:28 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Maybe they can mandate kids wear tennis helmets at all times?
Ok lets get to the crux of the matter. WTH is a tennis helmet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 07:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
No. If you feed a child poison, that is abuse, if it doesn't kill him/her.

If you feed a child food, that is not abuse. If the food happens to be unhealthy, you are being careless with your child's well-being not abusive.
Or totally uneducated and only listen to radio and tv commercials and see healthy tomatoes, lettuce and how they use "good" oil to make the fries.

There are alot of uneducated folks out there that just do not read for themselves. Some can't even cook. It's fast food, microwave or those quickie add milk or water and bring to a boil.

Give them a 5lb sack of flour and they will have no clue what they can do with it.

All of the conveniences of life have caught up with us. Bad food is bad food but we now have a generation that has no time.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:32 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Neglect, maybe, but I doubt you could call it abuse. It isn't only true for our children, but also ourselves. We're all so busy that we don't take time to inform ourselves about healthy food choices for any income level.

Beans and rice is a better choice than a McD's happy meal.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:39 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Give them a 5lb sack of flour and they will have no clue what they can do with it.
Oh yes I do, dump it out of my car when I'm doing 60 mph on the freeway

SF scares me with their bans, this is America and the land of choice's.

Nazi Germany came up with many excuses for their bans too.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:39 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
the tennis version of a football bat

Old 11-03-2010, 07:41 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Or totally uneducated and only listen to radio and tv commercials and see healthy tomatoes, lettuce and how they use "good" oil to make the fries.

There are alot of uneducated folks out there that just do not read for themselves. Some can't even cook. It's fast food, microwave or those quickie add milk or water and bring to a boil.

All of the conveniences of life have caught up with us. Bad food is bad food but we now have a generation that has no time.
i know highly educated people who eat crap and are fat

Old 11-03-2010, 07:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Looks a bit like this

http://cdn.indyposted.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/MasterReplica_DarthVaderHelmet1.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-03-2010, 07:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Should your kids be taken away if you let them get obese?

Places like SF want to ban Happy meals rather than expect parents to parent...

Why not take it a step further and classify obesity as child abuse?
So where are you plannig to place these kids. it doesn't even happen with the no care for their kids;at least for long.We already know that mnay can't actaully provide for their children when born;afterall.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:48 PM

277 posts, read 166,801 times
It's abusing a body, albeit I wouldn't call in the feds or child custody for it. However, if parents are allowing their kids to eat that everyday & their kids become unhealthy because of it & the parents know it, well that's a bit abusive.
There was a McDonald's employee in Brazil who just won a case, he got fat from eating all that McDonald's food...he claimed he had to do it because he had to do taste testing of the product. I had to laugh at that, that is just unbelievably BS & he won. What a crock. Oh, & he gained that weight, I forget how much maybe like 60 lbs, over many many years, I believe he worked there for 10+ years.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:01 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Quote:
puffer fish for kids?

honey for infants?

is it abusive to give a child aspirin?

If the intent is to harm them, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies